Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meet Bear.

While dozens of agents from federal, state and local departments went in and out of Fogle’s Zionsville home, there was one investigator who didn’t get much attention–a rambunctious black lab named “Bear” was on scene and played a big role during the raid.

Yeah I just meant that the home must've been really cluttered if the humans couldn't see the devices or maybe they were hidden.

MOO...I've wondered if Rex held the purse strings and handled all the finances so his wife never really knew what they had/didn't have/what he spent $$$ on.

Re: the paper towels. I too have been perplexed about the specific ones listed. There's obviously some sort of evidence found with at least 1 of the 3 he has been charged with. It has always been my understanding they were killed by asphyxia....We know there have been belts, tape, etc involved with their remains as well. I don't want to be graphic, but I wonder if he didn't stuff paper towels in their mouth before or during the strangling, which I believe he always used some sort of ligature to do, not bare hands. (Belt, rope, etc.) Strangling can cause foam/frothing.
Could also be not the towels themselves but the plastic. I wonder if RH was such a pack rat that he kept old packages of towels in the basement for years. Something in the composition of the towels/package might have changed from 2011 to 2023. More likely - where they were bought.

Example: the same Bounty towels bought here or in Mexico could have different instructions on the package (written in English or in Spanish). Even more interesting…is there Bounty type of towels in the countries where they traveled to? Language on the package.

Their season 3, episodes 2&3 were sooooo intriguing, I posted my recommendation here about them a few days ago. Did you get the chance to listen to those 2? Wow….opens up a slew of new questions and possibilities, IMHO
On seeing your previous post I managed to find first season and found it enlightening f'sure. I also felt saddened listening to the descriptions of the young women by family and friends. Their hopes, their dreams, their personalities...trying to get ahead, almost making it, then taken far too young!

I haven't managed to find season 3 and wondered if you had link to it ? I typed very carefully Podcast and following your description but as soon as "lisk" is entered we're bombarded with every other article 'n report out there...and how many there are since arrest!!

Thank you for your recommendation

I’m 65. About Wives who have no idea ….my violent husband was probably a sociopath,(lots of affairs, violent, dangerous, planned on killing me and attempted it, stole a ton of money). according to my trauma docs. He also lied to me extensively. Now if you yourself don’t make a habit of lying, you tend to believe people automatically. So I , the wife, was often was very bewildered and confused by lies, thought things were quite weird and strange, but never really thought he was lying to me. I didn’t put all the lies together till years later. Then it all came together and explained the things that seemed odd at the time when I believed his explanations. So wives first thoughts when they encounter clues of serial killers…. (again mine was not a serial killer…just a sociopath the docs think ,but can’t diagnose ) wives don’t instantly leap to “ gee, he‘s probably a serial killer.” Normal people believe each other , especially people they love and married, and look for normal explanations even. amidst abnormal situations. So when people wonder why serial killers wives never knew, I think the brain is always looking for a normal explanation for unexplainable clues. The shock comes later when the truth is revealed. IMHO.
^^^^^^^^^ So happy you are safe and here. 100% agree about believing in those you love. Thank you for the personal insight. Much better articulated than my expression of feeling "yucky" after watching her sob on her patio while petting the dog.

I really feel for Asa and her family. Hearing that the young man was photographed crying, that breaks my heart. His life has been ripped apart and he must be so confused. If he has Autism or some such disorder this may be so difficult to understand. I refuse to believe they know anything about this.

I sometimes wonder if RH was treating his stepson decently, and it could be the ultimate reason why Asa stayed in the marriage. A young man with disabilities is not someone to compete with for alpha-maleness. I can see how RH, for all his irascible temper, might have treated kids well, and now they are scared and confused on a personal level, too.

On seeing your previous post I managed to find first season and found it enlightening f'sure. I also felt saddened listening to the descriptions of the young women by family and friends. Their hopes, their dreams, their personalities...trying to get ahead, almost making it, then taken far too young!

I haven't managed to find season 3 and wondered if you had link to it ? I typed very carefully Podcast and following your description but as soon as "lisk" is entered we're bombarded with every other article 'n report out there...and how many there are since arrest!!

Thank you for your recommendation

The podcast I was talking about is titled: LISK: Long Island Serial Killer, just like that, should include all words, but no more. I’m using a generic podcast app, so you don’t need Spotify or any kind of subscription.

Season 3 is the season that is happening now, since the arrest. (I had to look it up when the previous poster asked me, and yeah, they are the most recent two episodes.)

And I agree, all the victim background is fantastic. If they had jumped in with gory details and conspiracy stuff I wouldn’t have made it five minutes through the first one.

I sometimes wonder if RH was treating his stepson decently, and it could be the ultimate reason why Asa stayed in the marriage. A young man with disabilities is not someone to compete with for alpha-maleness. I can see how RH, for all his irascible temper, might have treated kids well, and now they are scared and confused on a personal level, too.
I just have a gut feeling RH was a completely emotionless, average, dull and boring person to those around him. That was the only reason he kept his other life a secret for so long.

JMO

The podcast I was talking about is titled: LISK: Long Island Serial Killer, just like that, should include all words, but no more. I’m using a generic podcast app, so you don’t need Spotify or any kind of subscription.

Season 3 is the season that is happening now, since the arrest. (I had to look it up when the previous poster asked me, and yeah, they are the most recent two episodes.)

And I agree, all the victim background is fantastic. If they had jumped in with gory details and conspiracy stuff I wouldn’t have made it five minutes through the first one.
Have you got a link please and can it be found on U tube/?

Have you got a link please and can it be found on U tube/?

This website is the official site of the podcast:

I recommend getting a podcast player (for your phone or whatever), there are a lot of free or very cheap ones. Apple (who originated the whole podcast concept) has a free podcast player in basically all of their devices. (Also I just hate YouTube.) I use a cheap (like I paid $4 or something) one called iCatcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
"On behalf of my family and especially my elderly neighbors, who have also had their lives turned upside down by the enormous police presence, in addition to the spectators, and news crews. They deserve to live peacefully; they should be able to walk their dogs and go to the grocery stores without cameras shoved in their faces," the statement read. "I am pleading with you all to give us space so that we may regain some normalcy in our neighborhood."

What a lovely lady. At a time like this she shows consideration for her elderly neighbours.
that says everything about her.
I do hope sincerely her kindness is returned.

This website is the official site of the podcast:

I recommend getting a podcast player (for your phone or whatever), there are a lot of free or very cheap ones. Apple (who originated the whole podcast concept) has a free podcast player in basically all of their devices. (Also I just hate YouTube.) I use a cheap (like I paid $4 or something) one called iCatcher.
Thanks!
@hazel324 is this what we watched on U tube or different?

Well......I just had to go there. <modsnip>
[URL
nice one.
Now we can check out S&M sites and look for traces of him..

The practice involves very strict codes of consent.
Did he seek consent at any time prior to engaging them?
and then broke the code?

If so I think there is a stronger possibility he filmed his actions.

if those films were discovered it's even better evidence than a body.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m 65. About Wives who have no idea ….my violent husband was probably a sociopath,(lots of affairs, violent, dangerous, planned on killing me and attempted it, stole a ton of money). according to my trauma docs. He also lied to me extensively. Now if you yourself don’t make a habit of lying, you tend to believe people automatically. So I , the wife, was often was very bewildered and confused by lies, thought things were quite weird and strange, but never really thought he was lying to me. I didn’t put all the lies together till years later. Then it all came together and explained the things that seemed odd at the time when I believed his explanations. So wives first thoughts when they encounter clues of serial killers…. (again mine was not a serial killer…just a sociopath the docs think ,but can’t diagnose ) wives don’t instantly leap to “ gee, he‘s probably a serial killer.” Normal people believe each other , especially people they love and married, and look for normal explanations even. amidst abnormal situations. So when people wonder why serial killers wives never knew, I think the brain is always looking for a normal
Partners are often in a state of cognitive dissonance. Sometimes it's easier to believe than disbelieve but I think that the greatest evil men commit against women is that they make them doubt their intuition and the greatest sin women commit against themselves is that they let them
(This applies to all genders and types of relationships when one partner is constitutionally dishonest.)

I'm trying to find out if she painted.

Lindsay was only 21. A self-portait of a bruised face would be age-appropriate. Especially in teen years. I dont want to wildly derail this thread until evidence comes in making Rex a more likely suspect. But I can see a teenager painting herself processing how "ugly" she is after an accident, or processing a violent relationship. And, I could see Rex Hueurman taking a liking to the painting.

MOO
he could have taken a photograph and asked someone to make a drawing or painting of it..pretended it was fancy dress

"On behalf of my family and especially my elderly neighbors, who have also had their lives turned upside down by the enormous police presence, in addition to the spectators, and news crews. They deserve to live peacefully; they should be able to walk their dogs and go to the grocery stores without cameras shoved in their faces," the statement read. "I am pleading with you all to give us space so that we may regain some normalcy in our neighborhood."

What a lovely lady. At a time like this she shows consideration for her elderly neighbours.
that says everything about her.
I do hope sincerely her kindness is returned.
A class act. A shame she has to ask at all.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member