Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so relieved RH is in jail awaiting charges. My immediate reaction was "how could you have NO idea?". Then I saw this clip and it felt, well, icky. Wrong and voyeuristic in sadistic way. I wanted to offer her some comfort, it's terribly sad for her and the children. How sad to sit on your porch and sob as you're being filmed like a circus act; all watching you unravel in real time.
I hope they receive some help and therapy processing this, this made me feel ashamed that I watched.

ETA: It is even more tragic considering RH may see that clip and revel in the misery and pain. Yuck.

Tragically, the accused has more privacy.

MOO

Although I wasn't married to a killer, my ex husband was an abuser and when I left him, I kept my rings on until I could pawn them, simply because I was in an unsafe place and didn't want them to get lost or stolen. Not because I had any love for the man or hope of reconciling.
Didn’t even think of that possibility. You bring up a very valid point. From different news articles it was mentioned that the family seemed to be poor, so she could very well still have it on to try to scrap up a little money for her and her kids-who knows?
I am very sorry to hear that you were in an abusive relationship. I hope you are in a better place and things have gotten better for you❤️

‘If you want to take pictures, go ahead. I’m OK with it now,' she said. ‘If you want to stand up here and wait for something. I have a lot of work to do.

‘The sheer depression of what I saw was enough trauma…'

‘You guys know this is an ongoing investigation - it is not over - and I cannot speak to you,' she told the press on Friday.

Last edited:
Yes. That sure is a curious one.
I'm assuming it's a hint at grave good/s that have not been disclosed and won't be till trial. Whether they were included in the wrappings or bindings or were in a position that suggests insertion before or after death, we won't know unless it comes out in court. And if he pleas out, we may never know.

(By insertion I'm not necessarily implying anything specifically sexual, though of course that is on the table. They could have been used to gag or choke the victim if alive, and prevent leakage after death. And that's as far as I'm going with that, except to say that however it was used and ended up deposited at the grave site, it was obviously intact enough to determine not only brand but that it was part of a special design series, that I assume had a limited run.)

MOO

‘If you want to take pictures, go ahead. I’m OK with it now,' she said. ‘If you want to stand up here and wait for something. I have a lot of work to do.

‘You guys know this is an ongoing investigation - it is not over - and I cannot speak to you,' she told the press on Friday.

BBM

What she saw? IMO, she is speaking of whatever photo(s) were shown to her that made her come to terms with her husband being serial killer. I hope one day, we will be privy to what she saw.

I had this thought. Isn’t there a name for that? Is it “Burking”?
It is, though it is more accurately known as a form of positional asphyxia.

However, this is pretty irrelevant for the GB4 with what we know right now, since we know case of death for all four was strangulation.

MOO

they found the body of Lindsay Marie Harris in Illinois...she went missing in Vegas around two weeks after RH bought the timeshare..

weird she was found in Illinois...mOO

would he drive thru Illinois to drive back to NY?

I just went down tabloid hell, but as one of them pointed out...people? fox national? DM?

I forgot which tabloid, but I couldn't agree more that the creepy portrait pulled from Rex's residence looks very much like Lindsay Marie Harris.

I don't know if Rex drove to NV. But he seems the type who would like to bring his own stuff that can't be brought on a plane...such as a gun...in his car. Maybe he even had a little stash of murder accessories in his car. You never know when you need some duct-tape, burlap, oxycodone etc. on the road. Sorry for the image, and I'm just speculating. But I bet he carried a murder kit.

Even the town the legs were found in would be enroute. And, they were tossed along a highway. I wonder if it is (or was in 2006) as dark and quiet at night there.

MOO

Edited to add a murder kit essential: Bounty paper towels!

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's a hint at grave good/s that have not been disclosed and won't be till trial. Whether they were included in the wrappings or bindings or were in a position that suggests insertion before or after death, we won't know unless it comes out in court. And if he pleas out, we may never know.

(By insertion I'm not necessarily implying anything specifically sexual, though of course that is on the table. They could have been used to gag or choke the victim if alive, and prevent leakage after death. And that's as far as I'm going with that, except to say that however it was used and ended up deposited at the grave site, it was obviously intact enough to determine not only brand but that it was part of a special design series, that I assume had a limited run.)

MOO
BBM

This is the part that was the most curious to me. How most of the remains and evidence had deteriorated over the years, but the paper towels remained intact. What was different about this victim found with that precise paper towel? Or was it victims?

For the love of God, why can’t the media leave these people be. Let them pick up the pieces of their shattered life, which they never asked for. They had everything torn apart from them in an instant. What is there to see? They can’t comment. Give them their time, their space and their privacy. I feel so freaking bad for her and the kids. I wish I had a secluded little vacant home for them to hide out in for a while.

I just went down tabloid hell, but as one of them pointed out...people? fox national? DM?

I forgot which tabloid, but I couldn't agree more that the creepy portrait pulled from Rex's residence looks very much like Lindsay Marie Harris.

I don't know if Rex drove to NV. But he seems the type who would like to bring his own stuff that can't be brought on a plane...such as a gun...in his car. Maybe he even had a little stash of murder accessories in his car. You never know when you need some duct-tape, burlap, oxycodone etc. on the road. Sorry for the image, and I'm just speculating. But I bet he carried a murder kit.

Even the town the legs were found in would be enroute. And, they were tossed along a highway. I wonder if it is (or was in 2006) as dark and quiet at night there.

MOO
Maybe he took a picture and then asked someone to paint it.

MOO
Very good point about why he might prefer to drive than fly to Vegas!

Perhaps he met a SW in LV and offered her a ride cross-country. I also wonder that about Peaches, found on LI. Perhaps he drove her and the child to NY because she needed a lift. idk

I've made plenty of cross-country road trips and one benefit is that you can bring stuff along that you can't on a plane.

Something always strikes me when I travel by road in USA: we have so much land! Who knows what he was capable of doing on a road trip, if he indeed drive.

jmo

It's not out of the realms of possibility that the family might want to stay in the home.
It's where they're used to.

Hopefully the rubber neckers will get tired and move on to the next place in the news.

It would be nice if the neighbours go easy on them.

AE and her son have lived there for 27 years, and her son since he was only 6 years old. What they saw when they went inside their home had to have shaken them to the core. No wonder they had to go outside and sit on a bench in front of their house. And the backyard, the garden she tended, clearly with great care. Gone. Everything destroyed. Inside and out.

AE appears to be a strong woman. Her priority is taking care of her children, particularly her special needs son. But everyone has their limits. With emotional support, financial help, and time, I believe she will be able to rebuild her life. She must not let RH's evil extinguish her light. I believe she will fight against that and prevail.

The daughter will need a lot of help at such a vulnerable age, a young adult who has to find herself and move forward in a very unforgiving world.

All jmo

edited to delete repetition

Last edited:
I’m 65. About Wives who have no idea ….my violent husband was probably a sociopath,(lots of affairs, violent, dangerous, planned on killing me and attempted it, stole a ton of money). according to my trauma docs. He also lied to me extensively. Now if you yourself don’t make a habit of lying, you tend to believe people automatically. So I , the wife, was often was very bewildered and confused by lies, thought things were quite weird and strange, but never really thought he was lying to me. I didn’t put all the lies together till years later. Then it all came together and explained the things that seemed odd at the time when I believed his explanations. So wives first thoughts when they encounter clues of serial killers…. (again mine was not a serial killer…just a sociopath the docs think ,but can’t diagnose ) wives don’t instantly leap to “ gee, he‘s probably a serial killer.” Normal people believe each other , especially people they love and married, and look for normal explanations even. amidst abnormal situations. So when people wonder why serial killers wives never knew, I think the brain is always looking for a normal explanation for unexplainable clues. The shock comes later when the truth is revealed. IMHO.
What you said is true. Wife could be busy, too. Raising two children, one of them disabled, organizing things for them takes time. IMHO they were living in different worlds, and even if something was off in his, she’d not notice. I imagine him using the basement solely for his needs and collections.

Perhaps he met a SW in LV and offered her a ride cross-country. I also wonder that about Peaches, found on LI. Perhaps he drove her and the child to NY because she needed a lift. idk

I've made plenty of cross-country road trips and one benefit is that you can bring stuff along that you can't on a plane.

Something always strikes me when I travel by road in USA: we have so much land! Who knows what he was capable of doing on a road trip, if he indeed drive.

jmo

Simply, if he explained “the cost of business class to Las Vegas is expensive, and the economy seats are too small for a person my height, it would raise no questions.

jmo
She was from New York. And her ??? boyfriend??? Happened to be in upstate NY upon her disappearance. Her parents lived downstate. She could have wanted to see either of them.

Her car was abandoned, however. She would have taken better care of it if she accepted a ride.

MOO.

Debts are divided like assets in NY divorces. If you entered the marriage with a debt, you're more likely to keep it. If it was incurred in marriage, likely to split it in a similar proportion to assets. NY lawyers bill a lot per hour to argue that a in marriage debt really belongs to their soon-to-be ex because it was mismanagement of the marital funds.

BBM

This is the part that was the most curious to me. How most of the remains and evidence had deteriorated over the years, but the paper towels remained intact. What was different about this victim found with that precise paper towel? Or was it victims?

MOO...I've wondered if Rex held the purse strings and handled all the finances so his wife never really knew what they had/didn't have/what he spent $$$ on.

Re: the paper towels. I too have been perplexed about the specific ones listed. There's obviously some sort of evidence found with at least 1 of the 3 he has been charged with. It has always been my understanding they were killed by asphyxia....We know there have been belts, tape, etc involved with their remains as well. I don't want to be graphic, but I wonder if he didn't stuff paper towels in their mouth before or during the strangling, which I believe he always used some sort of ligature to do, not bare hands. (Belt, rope, etc.) Strangling can cause foam/frothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14