Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel for Asa and her family. Hearing that the young man was photographed crying, that breaks my heart. His life has been ripped apart and he must be so confused. If he has Autism or some such disorder this may be so difficult to understand. I refuse to believe they know anything about this.
Agreed. My heart goes out to them. I saw a video of those vultures outside the house yelling at them for a comment. It made and makes me so angry. They had nothing to do with any of this and the police even said by all accounts that the family was shocked and embarrassed and horrified. Those poor people are just trying to pick up the pieces and I’m sure are also trying to wrap their heads around everything that’s happened. They don’t need to have random people outside their house gawking and shouting at them for a comment.

Agreed. My heart goes out to them. I saw a video of those vultures outside the house yelling at them for a comment. It made and makes me so angry. They had nothing to do with any of this and the police even said by all accounts that the family was shocked and embarrassed and horrified. Those poor people are just trying to pick up the pieces and I’m sure are also trying to wrap their heads around everything that’s happened. They don’t need to have random people outside their house gawking and shouting at them for a comment.
The family should not have to pay for RH's crimes, yet the media and the public, in general, are traumatizing them further. I think there should be relocation services or protection provided for family members in these high-profile cases. His poor wife and step-children had nothing to do with any of this.

I really feel for Asa and her family. Hearing that the young man was photographed crying, that breaks my heart. His life has been ripped apart and he must be so confused. If he has Autism or some such disorder this may be so difficult to understand. I refuse to believe they know anything about this.

My heart hurts at the pictures of them. Wish the media would leave them alone.
I can not imagine what they are going through, their lives will forever be changed.

The family should not have to pay for RH's crimes, yet the media and the public, in general, are traumatizing them further. I think there should be relocation services or protection provided for family members in these high-profile cases. His poor wife and step-children had nothing to do with any of this.
YES!!!!! I couldn’t agree more.

Very specific with the Bounty Paper Towels in that warrant

Moo

In the Alanna Gallagher case (2013) they were able to match specific rolls of bath tissue to the murderer's house. (I think in this case it was the cardboard core that was imprinted with some sort of lot number. I don't want to google for more details, and honestly I wouldn't recommend anyone else doing so if you're feeling wobbly today. Alanna was only 6.)

One of the few neighbors Mr. Heuermann spoke to was Etienne de Villiers, 68, whose immaculately kept house next door stood in keen contrast with Mr. Heuermann’s. Mr. de Villiers said he had only passing conversations with Mr. Heuermann along with a few minor conflicts, like the time he had to tell Mr. Heuermann to stop leering at his wife over the backyard fence while she was sunbathing.

Mr. de Villiers watched as Mr. Heuermann seemed to be raising his children to be as isolated as he had been, in the same rundown off-limits house. He said that when Mr. Heuermann’s daughter Victoria, now 26, got her license, “I wanted to tell her, ‘Just get in your car and drive and never come back.’”

It's not out of the realms of possibility that the family might want to stay in the home.
It's where they're used to.

Hopefully the rubber neckers will get tired and move on to the next place in the news.

It would be nice if the neighbours go easy on them.

I hope that monstrous pervert didn’t have audio recordings of the girls. Thumb drives, tapes, etc. I can’t believe this guy wasn’t specific as to his trophies.
Given that he listened to victim's voicemails and called their families, I think he might be into recording his victims. That's horrific to think about and I recoil at the thought, but recordings found in his house would definitely help nail the case against him.

At this point, it's too painful to think of the victims in the past and his family in the present, so I'm focusing my own thoughts on the evidence. I hope it is revealed before trial what was collected from the various searches.

jmo

I don’t get the feeling that it’s a sign that she supports him-I feel like it’s more in the vein of when someone’s spouse dies and they continue to keep their wedding ring on for a while after the death. It must be very difficult (understatement) to find out the person you love and have been married to for over 20 years is a monster. It will probably take some time before the shock of everything wears off on her.

Although I wasn't married to a killer, my ex husband was an abuser and when I left him, I kept my rings on until I could pawn them, simply because I was in an unsafe place and didn't want them to get lost or stolen. Not because I had any love for the man or hope of reconciling.

Given that he listened to victim's voicemails and called their families, I think he might be into recording his victims. That's horrific to think about and I recoil at the thought, but recordings found in his house would definitely help nail the case against him.
It makes hideous sense that he would like to hear the recordings again to relive what he did.

An awful thought is what if he had a feeling that he was being followed and got rid of devices or deleted anything incriminating.

But from what they say of the state of the house, perhaps he lost track of where he put things.

lisk-gilgo4.jpg

Let's all just take a minute to remember why we're here.

Maureen has been gone for sixteen years.
Amber has been gone for almost thirteen years.
Megan has been gone for thirteen years.
Melissa has been gone for fourteen years.

Every moment during the time since then that RH had with his family was a moment their families didn't get with them.

They should be here. They should have gotten to watch their kids grow up. They should have had the opportunity to have adult relationships with their parents and siblings. They should have had the opportunity of a life beyond sex work and addiction if that's what they wanted. And they got none of that, because of this man.

MOO

(Image taken from here - Inside the Gilgo Beach murders investigation: The years-long search to catch a Long Island serial killer )

Last edited:
They might but she better cash in a fash as she can and duckout under the bucks out. That is The best option. Her story. Anything she worked for is under his black cloud. She needs 30 days to disovle debts from him or maybe more I do not know the laws there,but her best bet is a fast lump sum and gone
Debts are divided like assets in NY divorces. If you entered the marriage with a debt, you're more likely to keep it. If it was incurred in marriage, likely to split it in a similar proportion to assets. NY lawyers bill a lot per hour to argue that a in marriage debt really belongs to their soon-to-be ex because it was mismanagement of the marital funds.

Is the property in his name only? Curious about how any funds will be disbursed and if he will be willing to let his family have them, if there's anything left. He needs to be destitute in order for the state to provide legal assistance. Is he paying for his own attorney right now or has one been appointed?
"Luckily," he probably can't prioritize a divorce lawyer. It could get ugly in NY especially if the son is not "officially" disabled and in need of a caretaker. If that is settled, the judge could insist that some assets go to a special needs trust for him, as his step-dad.

Unfortunately, is earning prospects are poor for the future. Fortunately, if the son needs a care aid enough that Medicaid will pay for it, MA will allow Mom to do the (poorly-but still) paid job.

Some articles said that dogs discovered devices.

That sounds to me like they were hidden away.
would he have a supply of burner phones in case he needed to use one? And I am curious- did he dispose of the used ones? He must have done something with the victims' phones as well. People have criticized women who knew him from work for recounting their various experiences with him, but I cannot really imagine how it would seem if you knew RH as a boss or colleague and now you recall any time you were with him and anything he ever said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018