Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting to watch sleuths develop the different locations for possible further SK by RH. It doesn't seem likely that Gilgo Bach would be his only burial grounds. It will prove to be a fascinating study and I'm here for it.

I imagine being a serial killer would be exhausting work in order to satisfy the nasty, demonic desires and, especially, to not get caught and thrown into the slammer. The planning and scheming required was time consuming. He likely reveled in the evil scheming. Making the scary taunting phone calls was tantalizing. Selecting the victims became easier. There may be a pattern that leads to many Killing Seasons, if you will, whereby vacations are needed for a respite and recovery period. Hiding it from the rest of the family was paramount but stressful. The fear of watching one's back every day would become nerve wracking to the best of us. His life was filled with demonic deeds. I hope each and every one is uncovered.
I've wondered at how many scenarios of being arrested he had played in his head. Did he envision the quietness of the actual event and asking for his lawyer? Did he envision a shoot out at home? Taking hostages? Being caught with a body? Had he rehearsed what he would say? The best way / words to express his innocense. Had he researched the ways innocent people react vs the guilty? How had he prepared himself for the day? Had he?

Wow! I wonder if that news crew paid the neighbor living beside them to use their lawn to film them. It looks like his wife is moving through the stages of grief from denial to anger. I wasn’t expecting to see that kind of reaction from her.
I am so relieved RH is in jail awaiting charges. My immediate reaction was "how could you have NO idea?". Then I saw this clip and it felt, well, icky. Wrong and voyeuristic in sadistic way. I wanted to offer her some comfort, it's terribly sad for her and the children. How sad to sit on your porch and sob as you're being filmed like a circus act; all watching you unravel in real time.
I hope they receive some help and therapy processing this, this made me feel ashamed that I watched.

ETA: It is even more tragic considering RH may see that clip and revel in the misery and pain. Yuck.

Not to take the attention away from the Gilgo Four and other victims, but I think we have to consider the very real possibility there are additional victims, post 2010. I think it's highly unlikely the defendant completely stopped killing after the bodies were discovered. Briefly sure, maybe even for years. But permanently? I don't think so.

IIRC, one of the reasons LE decided to move in and make the arrest now was because they considered the defendant to be a danger to the community. To me, that says they have evidence suggesting he may become active again. He was caught with another burner phone on hand after all.

If he did continue killing, he may have changed his entire MO and possibly established another dumping site.

Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said authorities have gathered a lot of evidence after a two-week-long search at the home of Rex Heuermann, the suspect in the Gilgo Beach murders. Tierney also said dogs located a number of electronic devices at the residence.
bbm
Oh, first time, that I learn of indeed using this method of finding devices!

Google:
What Can Electronic Sniffing Dogs Detect? Dogs that undergo electronic storage detection training can sniff out the chemical compounds found in electronics. Everything from small SDs cards to your cellphones has these chemical compounds.

I have no idea what it could mean to have legs bound in a ball. Like, criss-cross-applesauce? What animals get their legs balled up? I presume it is not waterfowl.

I have a feeling I don't want to Google this...I'm a little squeamish.

MOO
Only thing I can think of is hog-tied fashion. But, if they were dismembered, how are they tied up? Unless it's just two legs tied together? Just yuck.

Not to take the attention away from the Gilgo Four and other victims, but I think we have to consider the very real possibility there are additional victims, post 2010. I think it's highly unlikely the defendant completely stopped killing after the bodies were discovered. Briefly sure, maybe even for years. But permanently? I don't think so.

IIRC, one of the reasons LE decided to move in and make the arrest now was because they considered the defendant to be a danger to the community. To me, that says they have evidence suggesting he may become active again. He was caught with another burner phone on hand after all.

If he did continue killing, he may have changed his entire MO and possibly established another dumping site.
I don't think he stopped killing either. I just don't think someone that killed that many times and had access to so many victims could just stop. I think he has other locations where he operated. The only thing that I think may have stopped him is that shoulder injury --if it's legitimately injured and wasn't just a scam for money.

I've wondered at how many scenarios of being arrested he had played in his head. Did he envision the quietness of the actual event and asking for his lawyer? Did he envision a shoot out at home? Taking hostages? Being caught with a body? Had he rehearsed what he would say? The best way / words to express his innocense. Had he researched the ways innocent people react vs the guilty? How had he prepared himself for the day? Had he?
My guess is he never thought he would get caught but he knew what he would do if he was. Dealing with the city code department, and suing so many poeple gives him some exposure to the legal system.

My guess is when his victims were first discovered he panicked. Wondering what the cops knew what they didn't. He was probably running each event through his disgusting head to make sure he covered his tracks. The more victims found and announced the higher his blood pressure got. He might have even thought about fleeing the country. It's not like he gave a crap about his poor family. My guess is, and i pray to God he wasn't, if he was still killing that he stopped. Posdibly for good but at least 2-3 years in my opinion. I say Probably stopped seeing sex workers for a while too.

Then as time went on, and the police weren't saying much. The paranoia and nervous subsided with each passing month and year. I don't think all the victims found were his, so he probably convinced himself that since there's another killer out there his chances of getting away with it were even better.

Even with his pre-discovery confidence, and the confidence he regained after 12 years of not getting caught. I still believe, he had to in his sick mind, remind himself from time to time what to do incase he was caught. He played it like any career criminal would. Lawyered up.

His lawyer has to have read over the large amount of damning evidence the police already have, while awaiting the results from the evidence taken from the home and storage units. Unless we are missing something his lawyer has to know he's done for. I wonder what his lawyers are advising/saying to to him. I wonder what their defense is going to be. RH himself has to know he's toast. He will never see the outside world again.

Last edited:
Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said authorities have gathered a lot of evidence after a two-week-long search at the home of Rex Heuermann, the suspect in the Gilgo Beach murders. Tierney also said dogs located a number of electronic devices at the residence. Video:

There are 4 cases in Las Vegas which I think match RH's MO and victim profile:

Tammie Michelle Mooney
View attachment 437352
Missing From: Las Vegas, NV
Date of Last Contact: December 16, 2003
Missing Age: 18
Height: 5'6 - 5'7
Weight: 125 - 145 pounds
Circumstances: Mooney was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 10300 block of Horseback Ridge Avenue in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 16, 2003. She got into an argument with her female roommate, then left with her boyfriend.

Mooney spoke to her mother on the phone and said she was going to find somewhere else to live. She has never been heard from again. Her family says it's very uncharacteristic of her not to contact them. She was planning to go visit them for Christmas, but never arrived. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Some agencies state that Mooney disappeared on December 19, 2003.

Homicide of Vanessa Eileen Zambrano
View attachment 437353
On March 4, 2006 at approximately 1645 hours, the body of Vanessa Eileen Zambrano was found in the marsh area at Lake Mead, near the Government Wash boat launch ramp. The investigation revealed that Zambrano's death was a homicide.

Homicide of Victoria Camara
View attachment 437354
On August 11, 2003 at approximately 0718 hours, Steven Webb, a gravel truck driver discovered the body of a Hispanic female in the desert area just south of the haul road located approximately 1200 feet west of US 95, mile marker 52.

On August 22, 2003, Bolder City Police Detectives and LVMPD Detectives identified the body of the Hispanic female as Victoria Camara. The Clark County Coroner's Office confirmed the identity. It's believed Camara was murdered in the Las Vegas area therefore LVMPD homicide took over the investigation.

Homicide of Wanine Moreira Rodriguez
View attachment 437357
On September 26, 2001 a man walking his dogs in the desert area of Hualapai and Sunset came across a shallow grave containing a human body. The LVMPD responded to the scene and discovered the remains of Wanine Moreira Rodriguez, a 34-year-old Brazilian female. Unknown person or persons had transported the victim to the desert location.

Due to the advanced decomposed status of the body, the Medical Examiner was unable to determine the cause or manner of death.

On a quick scan its hard to see how these tie to RH, except maybe they are petite. Were they sex workers? Was there luring involved in the lead up to their disappearance? Maybe LE has more details which aren't being shared right now?

They might but she better cash in a fash as she can and duckout under the bucks out. That is The best option. Her story. Anything she worked for is under his black cloud. She needs 30 days to disovle debts from him or maybe more I do not know the laws there,but her best bet is a fast lump sum and gone.
I wasn't suggesting that they stay there. I don't think there's any way they will, any longer than it takes to find other arrangements and gather anything they need.

I'm surprised they went back to the house so quickly, but I guess they don't have the financial means to stay in a hotel any longer. This is heart breaking to see the suffering of RH's wife, Asa. And her son and daughter.

Maybe they are just there to pick up whatever of their belongings are left and then will have the house boarded up and sold.

If they plan to stay there for awhile, I hope that some community organization (church or other) will help them until they can get on their feet again. This won't be easy for them. The mother has to take care of her disabled son and watch over him as she always has, but even more so now as they all come to terms with their new reality. That will keep her going for now. But like others here on WS, I worry about the daughter.

I hope kind and compassionate individuals and organizations are reaching out to them and that they are willing to accept the help.

I agree. We don’t know how RH was at home. He could have been controlling, but could also be a good stepfather to the disabled boy. And the only stable world this young man knew is falling apart.

I cannot even begin to fathom the emotions they are going through….it had to be so bittersweet for them to go back to that home.

I did not linger on the photos of them…it feels like such an invasion of their privacy and I wish the media would leave them alone. With all the police down there to ensure privacy, it amazes me that they still get such clear, close up shots. I am absolutely heartbroken for Asa and the children. It’s so unfair to them.

It is some local, miniscule station that doesn't have the budget of a major tabloid but has access to local homes. So they feel it is their hour of glory. Also, a neighbor who didn't like RH and whose greed is now obvious to the whole world.

<modsnip: politicizing>

As to RH family, we choose neither the neighbors, nor our local scoops of yellow press. I hope someone in the neighborhood or local church has the heart to bring coffee and some food.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so relieved RH is in jail awaiting charges. My immediate reaction was "how could you have NO idea?". Then I saw this clip and it felt, well, icky. Wrong and voyeuristic in sadistic way. I wanted to offer her some comfort, it's terribly sad for her and the children. How sad to sit on your porch and sob as you're being filmed like a circus act; all watching you unravel in real time.
I hope they receive some help and therapy processing this, this made me feel ashamed that I watched.

ETA: It is even more tragic considering RH may see that clip and revel in the misery and pain. Yuck.
I’m 65. About Wives who have no idea ….my violent husband was probably a sociopath,(lots of affairs, violent, dangerous, planned on killing me and attempted it, stole a ton of money). according to my trauma docs. He also lied to me extensively. Now if you yourself don’t make a habit of lying, you tend to believe people automatically. So I , the wife, was often was very bewildered and confused by lies, thought things were quite weird and strange, but never really thought he was lying to me. I didn’t put all the lies together till years later. Then it all came together and explained the things that seemed odd at the time when I believed his explanations. So wives first thoughts when they encounter clues of serial killers…. (again mine was not a serial killer…just a sociopath the docs think ,but can’t diagnose ) wives don’t instantly leap to “ gee, he‘s probably a serial killer.” Normal people believe each other , especially people they love and married, and look for normal explanations even. amidst abnormal situations. So when people wonder why serial killers wives never knew, I think the brain is always looking for a normal explanation for unexplainable clues. The shock comes later when the truth is revealed. IMHO.

Last edited:
I really feel for Asa and her family. Hearing that the young man was photographed crying, that breaks my heart. His life has been ripped apart and he must be so confused. If he has Autism or some such disorder this may be so difficult to understand. I refuse to believe they know anything about this.

Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said authorities have gathered a lot of evidence after a two-week-long search at the home of Rex Heuermann, the suspect in the Gilgo Beach murders. Tierney also said dogs located a number of electronic devices at the residence. Video:
Victims cell phones? :O MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members