Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not detect anything new there?

It did repeat that rumours are just rumours, but that's it?
Though a system sensed some objects underneath the dirt, Tierney said that “nothing of note” was discovered in the yard. The question of whether any of the killings took place in Heuermann’s home remains unanswered.
“Evidence does not point either one way or the other,” Tierney said on that point.

i hope she gets the strength to stay away from him and refuses to visit him.

I hope some womens' groups roll in and support her..
Just that image of her sitting in the porch beside her crying son.. just despair..
I just want her to receive loving support so much..

It was reported she is co-owner of a condo so she'd likely have that to go to if needed. They'd need to collect all their documents and personal belongings from that house in any case.
The condo they own is actually a timeshare, so they probably only have access to it for a certain number of weeks per year. I don't think they can live there full-time.

I did not detect anything new there?

It did repeat that rumours are just rumours, but that's it?
Oh sorry.
To me there was new things I didn't know...

"In an unusual move, Ray Tierney, the Suffolk County district attorney, will lead the team that will prosecute Heuermann, his office said Wednesday.

“Tierney will be the lead prosecutor in the case against Rex Heuermann. He intends to prosecute this case fully and bring justice to the victims of this alleged serial killer,” spokeswoman Tania Lopez said in a statement.

Tierney previously served as a federal prosecutor in the Eastern District of New York, but he has not personally prosecuted a case since he took office in January 2022. Newsday noted that he’s already “taken a hands-on role in the case by presenting evidence to the grand jury that indicted Heuermann and leading the prosecution at the defendant’s July 14 arraignment."

Is the property in his name only? Curious about how any funds will be disbursed and if he will be willing to let his family have them, if there's anything left. He needs to be destitute in order for the state to provide legal assistance. Is he paying for his own attorney right now or has one been appointed?

Yes, the house is in RH's name only. He also acquired it in 1994, before he married his current wife. IANAL but I don't think she has any right to it unless she paid a portion of the mortgage principal or it was refinanced in both their names, and even then she would probably get only a fraction of sale price.

New York's Equitable Distribution Law recognizes marriage as an economic as well as a social partnership. The law requires that a judge divide property as fairly as possible.

The Equitable Distribution Law talks about two types of property for purposes of divorce: marital property and separate property. Marital property will be divided between the two spouses.

Marital Property: all property either spouse bought during the marriage, regardless of whose name is on the property. Pension plans and other retirement plans are considered marital property. The portion of marital property earned during the marriage will be divided by the court.

Separate Property: property a spouse owned before the marriage, or any inheritance or personal injury payments or gifts from someone other than the spouse during the marriage.

To see the factors a court should consider in making an equitable distribution award, see Domestic Relations Law § 236(B)(5)(d).
Divorce Information & Frequently Asked Questions | NYCOURTS.GOV

Apologies if this has been shared before, but I thought I would post some legal guidance around the separation of matrimonial assets in the event of one spouse being charged with a crime (and the other spouse being innocent of any wrongdoing). It is helpful in understanding how the various parties involved might be affected.

Apologies if this has been shared before, but I thought I would post some legal guidance around the separation of matrimonial assets in the event of one spouse being charged with a crime (and the other spouse being innocent of any wrongdoing). It is helpful in understanding how the various parties involved might be affected.

It's a good thing she retained an attorney so early on, hopefully they will be able to help her get the best possible outcome. AFAIK, the only property his wife has her name on is the timeshare (purchased for $16,955 in 2005), which is worth next-to-nothing compared to the Massapequa house (which has a fair market value of $585,131). The lots in South Carolina are also in RH's name only, but since they were acquired during the course of the marriage, hopefully she will be able to get some money from the sale of those (the 4 lots are appraised at $180,500). Unfortunately she & RH also owe $81,500 to NY State in personal income tax in addition to the substantial amount of money RH owes in property tax.

Last edited:
I too felt the same way! I started listening to it and had to stop after about 30 seconds. But in those 30 seconds I found that he did indeed have the New York accent but I too have a New York accent so it sounded normal to me when he spoke. Years ago someone commented on my accent and said I sounded like a educated New Jerseyan. I laughed at first but then thought was that a backhanded compliment?

I did the same thing ... I heard maybe 10 seconds ... not sure if that was an insult! I'm Canadian so I hear his accent clearly and yours would probably sound similar to me

Last edited:
I hate this for you but ,you gotta . In it he talks of a hammer and his dad and well that interveiw is enlighting in a way that kinda makes the doll case more import . Tool marks . This line of investigation shows a lot of clues. He is a builder ,he has an eye for detail , he has a tool he respects a lot for its practical beauty and purpose. It is important. Sorry, that you gotta watch the whole thing.Ya do though.
I would love the behavior panel to go over this video . Not that I think they are the end all to the end y'all but they do teach a person some things.

ok but if I have nightmares it's your fault! :p

I'd counter that with, you only have to expose yourself to what you know you can handle taking up residence in your brain. For example, if it's going to give you nightmares, it's not worth it.

I have not listened either, and I don't think it's hampering me engaging with this case. Everything of interest from it has been discussed here.

MOO

oh good to hear your perspective too ... now I'm unsure what to do ... I'll think about it

Your right. I see how my post sounds peer preasure like . I didnt mean she has to has to..I meant it like in a "you have to see this " kinda way.
I admit it took me 3 days to be able to get in a head space to really listen and I am not the same person I was before I saw it either so caution should be used . I am not the kind of person that can take a narritive of someone elses ideas of what they watched so ,I havfta , I cannot rely on other peoples opinions ,nor can I count on anyone else to tell me everything important from the video was discussed because I could never prove that to myself. regardless if I believed it or not. KWIM?

Watch it or dont @LadyL ,I did not mean to sound bossy.

no worries ty but that you are not the same person freaks me out so I think no for now anyway

There are 4 cases in Las Vegas which I think match RH's MO and victim profile:

Tammie Michelle Mooney
View attachment 437352
Missing From: Las Vegas, NV
Date of Last Contact: December 16, 2003
Missing Age: 18
Height: 5'6 - 5'7
Weight: 125 - 145 pounds
Circumstances: Mooney was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 10300 block of Horseback Ridge Avenue in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 16, 2003. She got into an argument with her female roommate, then left with her boyfriend.

Mooney spoke to her mother on the phone and said she was going to find somewhere else to live. She has never been heard from again. Her family says it's very uncharacteristic of her not to contact them. She was planning to go visit them for Christmas, but never arrived. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Some agencies state that Mooney disappeared on December 19, 2003.

Homicide of Vanessa Eileen Zambrano
View attachment 437353
On March 4, 2006 at approximately 1645 hours, the body of Vanessa Eileen Zambrano was found in the marsh area at Lake Mead, near the Government Wash boat launch ramp. The investigation revealed that Zambrano's death was a homicide.

Homicide of Victoria Camara
View attachment 437354
On August 11, 2003 at approximately 0718 hours, Steven Webb, a gravel truck driver discovered the body of a Hispanic female in the desert area just south of the haul road located approximately 1200 feet west of US 95, mile marker 52.

On August 22, 2003, Bolder City Police Detectives and LVMPD Detectives identified the body of the Hispanic female as Victoria Camara. The Clark County Coroner's Office confirmed the identity. It's believed Camara was murdered in the Las Vegas area therefore LVMPD homicide took over the investigation.

Homicide of Wanine Moreira Rodriguez
View attachment 437357
On September 26, 2001 a man walking his dogs in the desert area of Hualapai and Sunset came across a shallow grave containing a human body. The LVMPD responded to the scene and discovered the remains of Wanine Moreira Rodriguez, a 34-year-old Brazilian female. Unknown person or persons had transported the victim to the desert location.

Due to the advanced decomposed status of the body, the Medical Examiner was unable to determine the cause or manner of death.

were these people sex workers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members