Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MAMARONECK, N.Y. (PIX11) – A senior investigator from the Mamaroneck Police Department reached out to the Gilgo Homicides Task Force in Suffolk County this week, asking if murder suspect Rex Heuermann might have a connection to an unidentified murder victim known as “Cherries.”

The Mamaroneck Police investigator said it’s possible the accused serial killer could have started using Long Island’s North Shore as a dumping ground, noting, “We know he would go duck hunting, maybe leave at 5 a.m.”

Guessing it's likely but be a helluva job finding proof and this dude ain't NEVER gonna admit anything ever to anybody.
I'm not so sure of that. I think he'll get through the entire legal process, proclaiming his innocence all the way. But somewhere down the line he's going to need to show people how brilliant he was and want credit for women LE and the public never even guessed about or knew about. Since he seemed to need to talk about the case earlier, I wonder if he will be successful in NOT discussing it? I think he likes to show people how smart he is. He can't really do that by not talking.

Let's just pause and give the CURRENT LISK task force a round of applause for bringing in the state LE, FBI and other forensic scientists to do what they did to piece together an incredible puzzle to find this killer.

With the extensive raid/search warrants placed on his house, the storage unit and his former Avalanche in SC, they have got to have more DIRECT evidence pointing to this awful human being as being the one responsible.

This would never ever have been solved without today's DNA and cell phone tracking technology and the people who know how to exploit the data.

yes, saliva from a piece of pizza crust is a good DNA sample.. but a mouth swab is the best.

Just a side note: when I look at him, I just don't see the "typical" serial killer.... but then again, maybe there is no such thing as a typical one.

But people that met him said he would stare them down and very confrontational and menacing especially to women.
It's always in the eyes for me with these guys. Something creepy about his eyes....

JMO

I can't seem to get on board with any boat theory...it would be too many extra steps and he didn't own a boat directly that I've been able to find. Using his vehicle (truck), he can pull over, it's pretty desolate and he'd have a clear view of who would be coming down the road either way to hurry up and carry them to the bramble/brush. You see a vehicle pulled over on the side of the road and most people assume maybe they've broken down, maybe using the bathroom, etc. He didn't carry them super far in either, so I think a vehicle pulled over was the fastest method for his disposal. Again, JMO

Agree, and would add, as someone who has worked with boats for a quarter-century now, any boat-centred plan that involves urgency, efficiency and certainly stealth is almost guaranteed to fail. A trailer will flounder, a battery will drain, a cable seize, an engine flood, smoke or refuse to idle, etc etc.

RH seems like a killer for whom efficient and complete control is very important across aspects of his life. I just don't see him taking on the risk and uncertainty that an additional vehicle -- one far more likely to be noticed at certain times -- entails.

I reckon it's him, the truck and the quickest and quietest method of hiding a victim possible, especially where hiding and visiting / revisiting the scene are probable ongoing activities for him. JMO, of course.

MAMARONECK, N.Y. (PIX11) – A senior investigator from the Mamaroneck Police Department reached out to the Gilgo Homicides Task Force in Suffolk County this week, asking if murder suspect Rex Heuermann might have a connection to an unidentified murder victim known as “Cherries.”

The Mamaroneck Police investigator said it’s possible the accused serial killer could have started using Long Island’s North Shore as a dumping ground, noting, “We know he would go duck hunting, maybe leave at 5 a.m.”

I’ve been hoping that in the search of RH’s home And storage spaces that they found luggage that might match the one used for “Cherries” or a green Rubbermaid-type container, like the one Peaches was found in as well as any floral linen that might match the one found with Peaches’ torso. I’ve often wondered if the floral linen came from a motel, though. This family lived in a hoarder situation so maybe these items were part of sets- never tossed.

Let's just pause and give the CURRENT LISK task force a round of applause for bringing in the state LE, FBI and other forensic scientists to do what they did to piece together an incredible puzzle to find this killer.

With the extensive raid/search warrants placed on his house, the storage unit and his former Avalanche in SC, they have got to have more DIRECT evidence pointing to this awful human being as being the one responsible.

This would never ever have been solved without today's DNA and cell phone tracking technology and the people who know how to exploit the data.
Here, here!! The current task force said they would work tirelessly to nab this guy and they made damn good on their word. They are doing a fantastic job. It makes me very happy that they took everything seriously and followed up on any leads they could. Now THAT is good police work.

It's always in the eyes for me with these guys. Something creepy about his eyes....

JMO
Same. They don’t look warm or inviting or even friendly (even in his company photo). There’s nothing behind those eyes except evil and emptiness. If you look at Israel Keys, Bundy, Dennis Radar, etc, all of their eyes just have this cold, dark look in them.

Google earth might find it and any other buildings in close proximity to a parking place?
They should also have historical values so changes can easily be seen
You are amazing! Just downloaded Google Earth and now I’m combing through it. I was able to eventually find the structure, but even when I zoomed in it’s still a little hard to tell.

When exactly did RH’s work website go down, do you guys know? Just curious. Tia.

Don't know the exact date, but was pretty quick
On his LinkedIn page, have seen articles posted about his arrest etc. but not much that he's posted/liked/commented on

moo but others here may have seen more?

yes, saliva from a piece of pizza crust is a good DNA sample.. but a mouth swab is the best.

Just a side note: when I look at him, I just don't see the "typical" serial killer.... but then again, maybe there is no such thing as a typical one.

But people that met him said he would stare them down and very confrontational and menacing especially to women.
@Justice101 I totally agree that I don’t see a typical serial killer when I look at him but also tend to think there is no prototype for what a serial killer looks like. If I had encountered Ted B or Israel Keyes back in the day I don’t think their looks would have alarmed me either.
Also, IME/IMO, There are so many men in business on Long Island /NYC and elsewhere lol, that are condescending to women. If every man that tried to intimidate a woman in business was a serial killer - there would be a ton of bodies lying around and absolute mayhem! JMO.

You are amazing! Just downloaded Google Earth and now I’m combing through it. I was able to eventually find the structure, but even when I zoomed in it’s still a little hard to tell.
Thanks for doing it, I'm technically really challenged plus dire low net speed.
Look for buildings close to a parking space, beach area in general?
even if they are now demolished they may still yield evidence.
worth a shot.

Don't know the exact date, but was pretty quick
On his LinkedIn page, have seen articles posted about his arrest etc. but not much that he's posted/liked/commented on

moo but others here may have seen more?

I logged into LinkedIn, and I checked his page.

There's a "Nothing to See Right Now" message for his activities.

JMVHO.

Where I live Victim’s Assistance would have assisted housing.
NYS does have a Office of Victim Services (OVS). This fund is used when all other means of compensation have been exhausted. Workers Compensation, Health Insurance, Car Insurance, Homeowner's Insurance have been exhausted. I believe AE has to find out if her family qualifies.

Not sure whether Sheryl is referring to the Gilgo or the AC murders. I have not heard that the Gilgo vics were placed in a specific direction, but the Atlantic City victims were placed facing east, not north.
Ocean Parkway runs North/South or South/North. Basing it off of the direction and the conditions at Gilgo Beach, the suspect got out of his car, walked a short distance to the bramble which I must say is so thick and thorny he wouldn't have gone further than that before throwing the bodies into the bramble. They wouldn't have been displayed out on the beach because I don't think RH lingered around after disposal.

That's not the impression I got.. but I could be wrong.. other cases referenced on that site did not match what we know but there are so many.. the Gilgo are the tip of the iceberg and probably so is RH..
The website the OP referred to only has 3 things on it, one thread being "Peaches", and clicking on that topic takes you to a single post that says "Peaches is most likely Marie Catherine". Marie being the mother of the child they attached the link to, I assumed they were looking for thoughts on that topic.

I agree Gilgo is just the tip of a very large iceberg and Rex is about to sink like the Titanic. MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809_173558_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230809_173558_Chrome.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics