Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
59th Street Bridge (aka Ed Koch Queensborough Bridge) is a free route into Manhattan (an island for those unfamiliar). As there is no toll, no license plate camera to capture payments for those with EZ Pass (which are in use on the toll bridges & tunnels). There are probably license plate readers now (security & LE), but not sure year would have been installed. Around the bridge in Manhattan it’s busy, noisy, mix of residential & businesses. On the other side of the bridge, in Queens, it’s much less nice - a mess of overhead subway lines and bridge upper and lower levels. Dark. The surrounding streets are mix of business, warehouses, a police station … but not a place you would want to be in the dark, unless you are looking for a dark desolate place. If you drove into work from Massapequa, long drive but many do drive, you easily take 59 St bridge … Queens by the way is very big and populous, according to Wikipedia 25% “Asian” …
He was not a Design architect. He’s the kind who do paperwork, submit permits, sign off on projects - facilitators who know the rules. He would be probably doing work in all Boroughs of NYC, including Queens.

59th Street Bridge (aka Ed Koch Queensborough Bridge) is a free route into Manhattan (an island for those unfamiliar). As there is no toll, no license plate camera to capture payments for those with EZ Pass (which are in use on the toll bridges & tunnels). There are probably license plate readers now (security & LE), but not sure year would have been installed. Around the bridge in Manhattan it’s busy, noisy, mix of residential & businesses. On the other side of the bridge, in Queens, it’s much less nice - a mess of overhead subway lines and bridge upper and lower levels. Dark. The surrounding streets are mix of business, warehouses, a police station … but not a place you would want to be in the dark, unless you are looking for a dark desolate place. If you drove into work from Massapequa, long drive but many do drive, you easily take 59 St bridge … Queens by the way is very big and populous, according to Wikipedia 25% “Asian” …
He was not a Design architect. He’s the kind who do paperwork, submit permits, sign off on projects - facilitators who know the rules. He would be probably doing work in all Boroughs of NYC, including Queens.
Thanks for this info. This bridge and location are intriguing because it keeps popping up in this case. I've wondered if there is a marina here, or within a mile or two for people to keep their boats?

Harrison seemed to gloss over any of the prior corruption within the SCPD and DA’s office. He completely dismissed any possibility that SG was murdered. These are likely the reasons why many members here were disenchanted by this interview.
But, perhaps that was not the job he was brought in to do. It seems he was brought in to solve LISK (and naturally deal with current policing issues). After examining the case, he and the team made the decision to break it down into focused bits, starting with the Gilgo4 as the most solvable thread to tug first. His job does not appear to involve going back to second guess decisions already made nor to dig further into previous administrations, some of whom have already gone to prison. His appears to be a focused job, which he is accomplishing (and who knows where this investigation may actually go). To scatter himself in too many directions would negatively impact Commissioner Harrison's results.

Lol, it was me, and no i did/do not know RH!
Great guesswork @dotr! You've been following cases long enough, you've become an expert. There was a lot of guesswork happening back then, especially because of the burlap. The puzzling part was "commuting to a job in Manhattan from LI plus access to a lot of burlap".

ETA: I'll vouch for @dotr . They were here the whole time. ;)

Thanks for this info. This bridge and location are intriguing because it keeps popping up in this case. I've wondered if there is a marina here, or within a mile or two for people to keep their boats?
No marina. There are a few canals, East River but risky for dumpsite because you would never know where’s there is security camera, someone looking out a window. Not the assured desolation and certainty of seeing approaching headlights like at Gilgo. Can find on google maps, there’s been a lot of development in last 20 yrs but still desolate at night.
As former Manhattan resident, you learn things like … SW and drug dealers work near the 24 hour post office depots, bridge & tunnel entries.
(I lived near the E85 street P.O. a move I regretted as had very active area below my window - noisy w SW chatter all night and people hanging by my building entry & buzzing doorbell all night to try get into vestibule to get warm). Arriving late, gone by 6am. Not sure allure of post offices … but suburban types drive in (bridge/tunnel) to get drugs and SW.

Aug 11 2023 rbbm
''The attorneys for the family of Gilgo Beach murders suspect Rex Heuermann will be providing an update on the family's status this afternoon.

Lawyers for Heuermann’s wife, Asa Ellerup, and the lawyer for his children Victoria Heuermann and Christopher Sheridan say they are going to show never-before-seen photos of the Heuermann household.''

''The press conference is set for 2 p.m'

Do we know if RH had a previous address that would make commute using the 59th St. bridge more plausible? Since the bridge connects Queens/Midtown, are there any Queens addresses he may have lived at or worked with at the time? I apologize if this has been asked already, have not been able to keep up with the threads. Brings up for me the call made that mentioned a "w**** house in Queens." I was also thinking about the handcuff keys that were supposedly found at the residence. Is it possible he (or someone) pretended to be an undercover cop and told Maureen he was "arresting" her, then took her in the opposite direction of a police station?

Random thoughts.

Many Long Islanders like to drive to Manhattan … esp those who drive early, leave early/late. It’s about 1.25-1.5 hrs from Massapequa on google maps today, 8:50am Friday in August google maps. Certainly during summer when traffic is lighter. 36 Miles. Driving on that bridge is free, doesn’t really take longer depending on traffic. Runs his own office, can use parking & vehicle as business expense. He was not going out of his way, this area was on his commute if he drove.

Around that area in Queens, 10-15 yrs ago there motels, Hostess bars, lap dance - I was just a person who drove thru occasionally. It wasn’t a residential, leafy family type area. There are some 24 hour businesses, a lot of thru traffic. It’s prob different now …

Aug 11 2023 rbbm
''The attorneys for the family of Gilgo Beach murders suspect Rex Heuermann will be providing an update on the family's status this afternoon.

Lawyers for Heuermann’s wife, Asa Ellerup, and the lawyer for his children Victoria Heuermann and Christopher Sheridan say they are going to show never-before-seen photos of the Heuermann household.''

This sounds like they are going to be making a public statement / complaint about how the house was left after the police search?

the 59th Street Bridge (aka Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge) is a very common meeting area/landmark for Manhattan/Queens/Brooklyn/Long Island. It's not like you are just standing and waiting at the foot of a bridge. It's very scenic. It is high traffic people on foot, hanging out etc. It has been in so many movie scenes I can't even count. Most would recognize it, and once you realize what the location actually looks like, you wouldn't think it out of the ordinary to be a common place. Like any body of water in and around Long Island, yes there are Marinas, but again, high traffic--not too much privacy. Below are screenshots of the 59th Street Bridge locale

Edited to add map showing marinas

Attachments

• C360_20210424-231503-12.jpg
    C360_20210424-231503-12.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5636.jpg
    IMG_5636.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 19
  • uig-900-01-ny6162.jpg
    uig-900-01-ny6162.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 16
  • Queensboro_Bridge_from_Manhattan_side (1).jpg
    Queensboro_Bridge_from_Manhattan_side (1).jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I have some issues with this as well. We have Hawkshaw's thread for this so I'll just say... It's going to require a lot of faith to think Law Enforcement will audit themselves regarding this case... and I don't have much faith in SCPD.

YES - I also believe there has to be another location. He's had access to a rough estimate of *thousands* of job sites since he went into architecture in the 80s. Easily thousands. Source for that number: My husband is an engineer in NYC/Long Island and works alongside architects. Heuermann called himself an "architectural consultant". My guy says he could have had *unfettered access* to entire buildings while under construction and most likely did if he was lead on the project. He could have had someone meet him at a property, did whatever he did, then have a crew (none the wiser) cover or obliterate evidence the next day. If he was doing this is buildings he was doing renovations on - who knows if any evidence exists. Who would even know where to start.

Yup. I hate this thought most of all.
I would not be surprised in the least if he used buildings he was working on to commit his sick crimes. One thing that’s been sitting with me from the start is that multiple people who worked with him have commented on how strict and rigid and “by the book” he was when it came to building codes. Almost to an obsessive degree. He didn’t want to get cited/sued/investigated if a building he was working on wasn’t up to code.

I think he was so obsessive about making sure the buildings were up to code because he was hiding something in at least one of those buildings.

Aug 11 2023 rbbm

Have we ever had a family of an accused hire an attorney and go after LE for destruction of their personal property during searches? JMO - seems this may be where it's headed.

the 59th Street Bridge (aka Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge) is a very common meeting area/landmark for Manhattan/Queens/Brooklyn/Long Island. It's not like you are just standing and waiting at the foot of a bridge. It's very scenic. It is high traffic people on foot, hanging out etc. It has been in so many movie scenes I can't even count. Most would recognize it, and once you realize what the location actually looks like, you wouldn't think it out of the ordinary to be a common place. Like any body of water in and around Long Island, yes there are Marinas, but again, high traffic--not too much privacy. Below are screenshots of the 59th Street Bridge locale

Edited to add map showing marinas
What you really need is street view on lower level approach on Queen Boulevard … so ugly there is probably no photos!!

Have we ever had a family of an accused hire an attorney and go after LE for destruction of their personal property during searches? JMO - seems this may be where it's headed.

I found the above article. It seems like there have been a few instances where someone sues LE for doing the same. I don’t know how common it is or if people have ever been successful with the lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x