Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we ever had a family of an accused hire an attorney and go after LE for destruction of their personal property during searches? JMO - seems this may be where it's headed.
Re post of info, possibly relevant to the RH case going forward. imo.

''BELLEVILLE, Ont. - Ontario taxpayers footed the bill to repair the floors of convicted sex killer Col. Russell Williams' Ottawa home after police searched it for evidence.
An Ontario Provincial Police spokeswoman says if there's damage after police search a home, an owner can seek compensation.
Sgt. Kristine Rae says such a request was made for the Williams residence, and it was granted.''

''The brother of one of Williams' murder victims, Andy Lloyd, called it ridiculous that police paid "$3,000 to fix her hardwood floors and apparently $1,400 to fix a lamp because the OPP damaged them dragging boxes of bras out of her house."
During a videotaped police interrogation, which was shown in court this week, Williams became teary-eyed as he desperately tried to protect his wife's home from a destructive police search.''

NOTING fwiw..
''At the heart of the dispute is a “domestic contract” the couple signed in March 2010, six weeks after Williams, now 51, admitted to his depraved, late-night crime spree. Harriman paid her husband $62,000 in cash and assumed the remaining mortgage on their $700,000 Ottawa townhouse, while he took sole possession of their lakefront cottage in Tweed, Ont., purchased a few years earlier for $178,000 (and located just three doors down from Massicotte’s house). Although Williams is the primary defendant in Massicotte’s $7-million lawsuit, Harriman is accused of participating in a “fraudulent conveyance” aimed at protecting her partner’s assets from potential litigation.

Two other multi-million-dollar lawsuits—one filed by “Jane Doe,” Williams’s first sexual assault victim; the other by the family of Jessica Lloyd, who was abducted from her Belleville home and strangled inside the cottage—contain identical allegations: that the post-arrest land transfer, “clearly suspicious” and carried out in “secret,” should be reversed. (As Maclean’s reported last May, Williams has since sold the cottage for $165,000, with the proceeds being held in trust pending the outcome of each lawsuit.)

In court documents, Harriman denies the property transfer was fraudulent, saying she had “absolutely no intention whatsoever” of shielding assets and that the deal was signed solely to ensure her “financial security.”

It seems to me that a lot of people missed this very important tip and this guy could have been off the streets long ago bc he wasn’t as careful and meticulous as we thought.

Yep.

And Zeman & Co must be kicking themselves that they had this crucial clue in the nearview and weren't able to pass it on to a new and far more invested LE setup that might at last have been ready to act on it.

No marina. There are a few canals, East River but risky for dumpsite
I wasn't seeing it as a dump site, but as a meeting place, a starting point for a clandestine meeting. However, it sounds too public to be seen with someone you are intending to kill (of course, that did not deter RH with Amber Costello) or a place to return a boat with a missing passenger . . . I am suspecting that if there are any other dumpsites for RH they are desolate beaches. Knowing he had a 4x4 permit and access to a boat would make desolate beaches a possibility.

Last edited:
bbm
:oops:
Which member did know it? So accurate, it can't have been a confusion with another person. That's very interesting! And just as disappointing, when it took years since then for RH to be found out.
I am not sure but someone reposted it on the Gilgo beach thread around the time he was arrested. I was in total shock when I saw it.

Lol, it was me, and no i did/do not know RH!
Wowzers! Way back in 2016. You even mention green house FGS! Are you clairvoyante by chance? Here is her post: (amazing)

dotr said:

Maybe perp keeps his own " green house" masks or explains odour by saying he is using compost/manure for growing.
He could be an architect who works in an office in the city, and in the summer months oversees his landscaping and other design projects " out in the field."
speculation.

Have we ever had a family of an accused hire an attorney and go after LE for destruction of their personal property during searches? JMO - seems this may be where it's headed.

I do wonder what the motive for the press conference is. At first I thought that maybe the attorney for AE thinks that by doing a press conference then maybe the media will back off hounding the family if they are given info at a press conference.

But then when I read that the attorneys would be showing photos of the inside of the house, I, too, wonder if they are going to blame LE for destruction of the house. If they go that route, then the family could very well lose public sympathy. I think that would be a bad strategy. I guess we'll know soon what the motivation for the press conferrence is.

edit for typos

Last edited:
Thank you very much for this explanation. That makes sense, and now I understand why people were unhappy with his interview. Thanks again.

Note: this post is about Rex Heuermanns alleged victims.

Yeah, the Commissioner had me until then. I thought he was pretty good.

I thought the sheriff was super, actually referring to prisoners as victims of drug trafficking rather than prostitutes. It made me trust that the sheriff could credibly assert he was getting info from them.

Look, just because I disagree doesn't mean that my peers on this board are not entitled to their own opinions. But the Commissioner is a public-facing pro. He could have used much more respectful words, since many of us suspect that Shannan was murdered. He could have simply said, "There is no information linking the suspect to Shannan Gilbert," or something like that.

This is the thing. It seems so obvious to Some of us that Shannan was murdered, that he seems deceptive and untrustworthy saying what he said. And then confidence in every case in the County is eroded.

Those of us who believe Shannan was murdered want justice for the women Rex is accused of murdering, too. No less than we want it for Shannan.

So losing faith is about Rex's alleged victims.

MOO

Do we know if RH had a previous address that would make commute using the 59th St. bridge more plausible? Since the bridge connects Queens/Midtown, are there any Queens addresses he may have lived at or worked with at the time? I apologize if this has been asked already, have not been able to keep up with the threads. Brings up for me the call made that mentioned a "w**** house in Queens." I was also thinking about the handcuff keys that were supposedly found at the residence. Is it possible he (or someone) pretended to be an undercover cop and told Maureen he was "arresting" her, then took her in the opposite direction of a police station?

Random thoughts.

Oh, my. A false arrest would seem plausible.

But the bridge could be worth the trip as it is expensive to take toll routes. When there is little traffic, that and bridges like Willis Ave are worth the trip. It's not a significant detour.

MOO

I found the above article. It seems like there have been a few instances where someone sues LE for doing the same. I don’t know how common it is or if people have ever been successful with the lawsuit.
They knocked.

Edited to clarify: I meant the search on Heuermann's property was not no-knock. Sorry to confuse.

MOO

Last edited:
Note: this post is about Rex Heuermanns alleged victims.

Yeah, the Commissioner had me until then. I thought he was pretty good.

I thought the sheriff was super, actually referring to prisoners as victims of drug trafficking rather than prostitutes. It made me trust that the sheriff could credibly assert he was getting info from them.

Look, just because I disagree doesn't mean that my peers on this board are not entitled to their own opinions. But the Commissioner is a public-facing pro. He could have used much more respectful words, since many of us suspect that Shannan was murdered. He could have simply said, "There is no information linking the suspect to Shannan Gilbert," or something like that.

This is the thing. It seems so obvious to Some of us that Shannan was murdered, that he seems deceptive and untrustworthy saying what he said. And then confidence in every case in the County is eroded.

Those of us who believe Shannan was murdered want justice for the women Rex is accused of murdering, too. No less than we want it for Shannan.

So losing faith is about Rex's alleged victims.

MOO

Thank you for being such a strong victim advocate and supporter. These young ladies deserve nothing less.

They knocked.

Hmm, I can't find anything to back this up. It seems a detective was fired (due to multiple incidents) and Raleigh settled the lawsuit(s), and changed their no-knock policy (while refusing to answer questions about it).

"Three months after the lawsuit was filed, the RPD adopted an official policy banning the use of no-knock warrants."

Sorry for the off-topicness, it just caught my attention.

What you really need is street view on lower level approach on Queen Boulevard … so ugly there is probably no photos!!
Let me rephrase because my original response was important in order to gain proper perspective of how that area differs between then and now. Apparently it was considered political, although it wasn't meant to be. If you look at the street view now, then yes--you wouldn't want to be down there at night. There are now homeless people living in the bridge area, drugs and crime, etc. Whereas, at the time all this was taking place between the 90's and 2010 when Shannon went missing, it was not like that. It was a beautiful area where people met and congregated. Somewhere you would want to be. NOT like it is now

Oh, my. A false arrest would seem plausible.

But the bridge could be worth the trip as it is expensive to take toll routes. When there is little traffic, that and bridges like Willis Ave are worth the trip. It's not a significant detour.

MOO

I am leaning toward a "good Samaritan" which turns into false arrest as how it went down. Whether by Rex, or someone else...

Outright kidnapping would probably cause too much attention.

All MOO

Link for live press conference starting at 2pm today
''TOWN OF ISLIP, N.Y. -- Lawyers for Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann's estranged family is expected to speak Friday afternoon.

Attorneys Robert Macedonio and Vess Mitev are holding a press conference at 2 p.m. in Suffolk County.''
''Watch the press conference streaming live on CBS News New York in the video player above.''

Discussing the GFME - 100% of the funds go to the family. Wife has cancer and she is undergoing treatment. The insurance she was under her husbands name and that is going to expire due to his incarceration. Attorney is releasing photos of the home and is explaining more about the "vault" and the doll.

Let me rephrase because my original response was important in order to gain proper perspective of how that area differs between then and now. Apparently it was considered political, although it wasn't meant to be. If you look at the street view now, then yes--you wouldn't want to be down there at night. There are now homeless people living in the bridge area, drugs and crime, etc. Whereas, at the time all this was taking place between the 90's and 2010 when Shannon went missing, it was not like that. It was a beautiful area where people met and congregated. Somewhere you would want to be. NOT like it is now
It’s utterly fascinating to me how native New Yorkers have totally different experiences with the same places.

Watching the press conference with the attorneys for Heuermann’s family.

I have many thoughts. Many. None of which I think I can voice.

Interesting how (who I think is) Vess Mitev caught himself and changed his wording regarding victims.

Link for live press conference starting at 2pm today
''TOWN OF ISLIP, N.Y. -- Lawyers for Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann's estranged family is expected to speak Friday afternoon.

Attorneys Robert Macedonio and Vess Mitev are holding a press conference at 2 p.m. in Suffolk County.''
''Watch the press conference streaming live on CBS News New York in the video player above.''
Does anyone have a different link? For some reason this link isn't working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x