Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed - not victim friendly>
The press conference felt manipulative, imo.

My opinion only, not expected to match everyone's opinions.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Shannan Gilbert is not RH victim, right? So the car is most likely a coincident.
She has not been named a victim of him by LE, but then, neither have a lot of the victims found around LI who are linked to the case. We are allowed to discuss her as a potential victim of RH on this thread. We all have different views on how likely that is, and whether her death was a homicide at all, and that's okay.

MOO

So, just a side note on the presser, apparently the creepy doll was a collectible item owned by AE. Thought that was interesting given all the speculation on here. AE's lawyer also said the room in the basement was neither soundproof nor a vault, but merely a room for storing guns. However, than one seems somewhat more up for interpretation.

It makes me so angry that an older adult with cancer and an adult child with disabilities can lose their healthcare coverage in this country merely for divorcing a probably serial killer! We have to do better.

Divorice is a qualifying event for the right to continuing coverage of her medical benefits under COBRA. So it is likely that AE is losing her coverage for other reasons, but not because of a divorce.

Divorice is a qualifying event for the right to continuing coverage of her medical benefits under COBRA. So it is likely that AE is losing her coverage for other reasons, but not because of a divorce.
Wasn't her husband self-employed? If he no longer works and can't run the business, what happens to the insurance policies? Does COBRA still work if the company that provided the insurance no longer exists? idk

I can tell you one thing, if I were AE I would sue the pants off John Ray. Talk about defamation of character !
I've followed this case on and off for years and suddenly, it's a flaming circus of loud mouthed lawyers & competing victimhood status?

My heart goes out to the families of the murder victims as well as to the family of the monster that murdered those victims.
These lawyers seem to be rather gifted at making what is already a nightmare, even worse, if at all possible. Really a most unfortunate turn of events.

jmo

Shannan Gilbert is not RH victim, right? So the car is most likely a coincident.
RH might have stalked his future victims, not only Shannan perhaps. There could have been a mixture of coincidences. I can imagine him being inquisitive and sneaky, not only have been interested in one single meeting per SW. Maybe, it was fun for him also, to find out other clients, living on LI? Spying on other clients would also have given him a sense of power.

Last edited:
I've followed this case on and off for years and suddenly, it's a flaming circus of loud mouthed lawyers & competing victimhood status?

My heart goes out to the families of the murder victims as well as to the family of the monster that murdered those victims.
These lawyers seem to be rather gifted at making what is already a nightmare, even worse, if at all possible. Really a most unfortunate turn of events.

jmo

A flaming circus is spot on. Imagine dealing with cancer, an autistic child and feeling like your juggling 100 balls at once and then suddenly your entire life is spread across the news every day.

On the flip side of that the families of the slain ladies have been waiting for justice for nearly 15 years.

No one wins here, except the lawyers.

IIRC, when it was first announced that AE was seeking a divorce, the attorney for AE stated that it was a non-contested divorce, or a similar term was used, implying that both parties in the divorce agreed to the divorce.
'The wife of the suspected Long Island serial killer Rex Heuermann has filed for divorce nearly a week after the Manhattan architect was arrested and charged in the deaths of three women whose remains were found along a secluded beach roadway in 2010.

Asa Ellerup, 59, who has been married to Heuermann for 27 years, lodged the petition in Suffolk county supreme court on Wednesday. The court filing indicates the action is “uncontested”.
rbbm

Oh wow, didn’t know, just came across it.

Freakin crazy. There he was the whole time, it possibly appears.

——

Eta: wait a minute, across from Shannan’s remains? Is that an error?
Excellent observation. Shannan was not found on Ocean Parkway, she was found near PH's house in the marsh. It's not a place where you can just drive through either. It's a gate community and what are the chances that a serial killer was in that community at 4-5 in the morning, picked her up, killed her, and then walked through those marshes to dump her. There's only 2 people that saw SG before she disappeared, and then PH put himself into the story. What a pinhead PH is.

She needs to take her 40k money, go stay in Iceland with her family, and let her lawyers settle the divorce. Bonus - the healthcare in Iceland is probably cheaper and more accessible. MOO
<snipped for focus>

Her family is here. This is her home. And her children's home. Her father lives nearby. And her sister lives here.

Last edited:
I try very hard not to judge people who find themselves in very traumatic circumstances through no fault of their own. All of these families are victims. I see nothing positive in putting them all on a scale to try to determine who's pain is greater.

That said, I do not believe the attorneys for AE and her children did them any favors by holding this press conference yesterday. And I respectfully wish that John Ray would crawl back under whatever rock he emerged from.

All MOO

I agree with you completely.

It comes as online court records show that Ms Ellerup, who has been married to the accused serial killer’s wife for two decades, filed a matrimonial complaint in Suffolk County Supreme Court. The filing – titled Asa Ellerup v Rex Heuermann – states that the divorce is “uncontested”.

Link: Rex Heuermann’s wife’s reaction to Gilgo Beach murders revealed amid divorce filing
RBBM

Someone didn't proofread before clicking post over at The Independent...

MOO

These sleuths are incredible detectives I am stunned at some of these finds and accurate guesses. That is why for sure I know that if the tip from AC roommate Dave was shared with the public these sleuths would have found RH in 2?days with the car and his description.
I completely agree. What the public didn't know for years after the girls were found was that the SCPD was so corrupt that they barely investigated these crimes. He had 13 years more of freedom and I hope no one else died in that time period.

I try very hard not to judge people who find themselves in very traumatic circumstances through no fault of their own. All of these families are victims. I see nothing positive in putting them all on a scale to try to determine who's pain is greater.

That said, I do not believe the attorneys for AE and her children did them any favors by holding this press conference yesterday. And I respectfully wish that John Ray would crawl back under whatever rock he emerged from.

All MOO

I, too, agree completely.
Well said.

It comes as online court records show that Ms Ellerup, who has been married to the accused serial killer’s wife for two decades, filed a matrimonial complaint in Suffolk County Supreme Court. The filing – titled Asa Ellerup v Rex Heuermann – states that the divorce is “uncontested”.

Link: Rex Heuermann’s wife’s reaction to Gilgo Beach murders revealed amid divorce filing

It's incredible to me that they found several hairs of AE on the victims yet only one piece of DNA from him from all 4 of the girls. They found more secondary DNA than primary. What does one have to do to not get DNA on victims ... cover himself from head to toe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewieXM