Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I donated.
I also never thought about or considered the thoughts and emotions of the victims’ families.

It wasn't till later I heard that they felt it was/is disgusting

She is right.

Sherre Gilbert and others were never given that much support when their loved ones went missing.

I need to think about this. I don't know how I feel now....
I think it's to be expected that caring, thinking people who can see both sides of this terrible situation will be conflicted. Families on both sides are living, hurting human beings, and we would all like to help them all to feel better - to help them through this incredible time in their lives. As outsiders, we don't have to "take sides" just help where and when we feel led. It doesn't have to be equal, just what is appropriate at the time.

There is no reason to believe Ray did not share this information with LE. That he's doing an interview circuit suggests to me he doesn't like what LE did with the information.

MOO
Or he expected to learn something from LE and was stonewalled. They are playing this very, very close. Makes me wonder how the case is progressing and who else is being watched and in turn may be watching LE's progress. Even after Heuermann's arrest, the secrecy is still being maintained. . . interesting to ponder why.

BBM above - here is an example

Here is Johnny Ray again on newsnation with Brian Entin - take a listen

A few comments-

1. He starts off by saying Asa is conning everybody and she has for years
Uses an example that her husband makes plenty of money - these are not poor people - but she uses food stamps.
(JR knows all about the son's disabilities/eligibilty and food stamps but he wants you to believe that Asa is scamming the system)

Disingenuous at Best - not helpful
2. Then he goes into: you cannot tell me that they live in that little tiny house and how could she possibly in this day and age not have known that Rex was a serial killer. Says it overwhelming possible that she and the other adults in the house (aka the KIDS) knew very well what was going on in that house with Rex and sex in the basement ( still not sure even if that were true that means he is a killer and furthermore that would make his family think he was a killer)
What? - not helpful
3. Says Asa and kids never expressed sympathy for the dead girls /for what their father has done - he prob knows better than most that they were most likely told to not say anything like that by legal counsel-and btw innocent until proven guilty etc - but he says it points to their guilt
What? - not helpful

Finally under What? -not helpful - his very very credible witness who is not coming forward "at this time" who he personally "examined" (not interviewed but examined - his words) for hours. This witness says there were sex workers in the house and it was well known by the family. Once again its a leap from there to serial killing even if true, but hey it's Johnny Ray

IMO Put up or shut up IMO JR. If Asa/kids are complicit aren't you obligated to do the right thing and bring it to LE, don't shovel innuendo on newsnation.

I do notice in listening to him that he takes care to walk a thin line when making all his statements. He says "What I hear" "What I have been told ".

It is clear to me that he wants the family classified as "suspects" so any money can be frozen to preserve it for his clients. He's shady - but he does have a strategy and end game.

So maybe @Ruminations you are correct that what he does could prove helpful - helpful to his clients - its just not necessarily based upon anything in the realm of factual information nor actually helpful to the investigation at this point.

ALL JMO
Before I really make a decision on JR I need to go find the transcript. I don't want to decide my feelings based on a few comments.
Does anyone have the transcript??

They've been back in the home for several days now (can't find a date on the stories) maybe as much as 2 weeks. Now, I realize she has cancer, but there are two young people there who could have been put to work moving things around and straightening up the house. Isn't that what most folks would do -- work on their own house?
[BBM] Good points all around.

Smith, the Northport attorney, said his first witness in any trial would be the detective who, in the early days of the investigation, “discounted or didn’t forward the information” of the witness who claimed to have seen a Chevrolet Avalanche at Costello’s home on the day before she was last seen alive.

“I’d focus on the one witness [investigators] came up with 10 years ago,” Smith said, adding it appeared that "nobody paid attention to that witness. Even the witness said the case could have been solved 10 years ago.”

Levin said he’d also quiz investigators on whether they interviewed all clients of the victims, including “tracing the girls’ last calls and who called them.”

So, his plan of defense is to argue that because "the regime in charge at the time of the events turned a blind eye to avoid casting a light on themselves, therefore, my client is innocent"? Juries are smarter than this imo.

MOO

There is no reason to believe Ray did not share this information with LE. That he's doing an interview circuit suggests to me he doesn't like what LE did with the information.

MOO
Anything is possible. To me in listening it seemed like JRay was indicating that LE says the family are not suspects and have no knowledge of the crimes just bc they were out of town/ out of the country when the crimes were committed. But I, JRay have a credible witness who does not want to come forward that has shared with me otherwise.
So you believe this witness came forward to LE and LE still maintains the family are victims? That LE found nothing from the witness to discount the families victim status? So JRay is looking for public outcry? To put pressure on LE?

Once again anything is possible but I have to believe that as part of their surveillance on Rex LE was doing the same with the family simultaneously.

Guess we will just have to let it play out

Imo

I think John Ray is advocating for his clients. As iamshadow and imstilla posted by link at #902 and #851 the families are disgusted.

MOO
With all due respect, Megan Waterman, Melissa Barthelemy, and Amber Costello are not John Ray's clients. He is also not representing Maureen Brainard Barnes and her family.

Anything is possible. To me in listening it seemed like JRay was indicating that LE says the family are not suspects and have no knowledge of the crimes just bc they were out of town/ out of the country when the crimes were committed. But I, JRay have a credible witness who does not want to come forward that has shared with me otherwise.
So you believe this witness came forward to LE and LE still maintains the family are victims? That LE found nothing from the witness to discount the families victim status? So JRay is looking for public outcry? To put pressure on LE?

Once again anything is possible but I have to believe that as part of their surveillance on Rex LE was doing the same with the family simultaneously.

Guess we will just have to let it play out

Imo
I agree that LE had the family under surveillance, if only incidentally to surveilling Rex.

This is precisely what makes John Ray interesting.

When he told them about his witness, they undoubtedly could fact check it. If he did not give names, LE could probably figure it out.

I don't think what John Ray has said contradicts that the families are victims. It only indicates an avenue of investigation. If LE wants to block that road, that is suspicious. About LE, not the family, IMO.

John Ray has complied with investigative requests such as not going public that an arrest was coming. So if LE said something like, can you not say that in public? Were investigating. He would do it.

It seems to me that LE gave a response that made him think they were not investigating an important lead.

MOO

With all due respect, Megan Waterman, Melissa Barthelemy, and Amber Costello are not John Ray's clients. He is also not representing Maureen Brainard Barnes and her family.
With equal respect, Shannan Gilbert and Jessica Taylor are. And if any investigative shenanigans are occurring with the GB4, that does impact his clients.

My current theory is that the connection among the 1-2-3 murderers (SG, manorville and GB4) is the same obstruction of investigation.

John Ray has an obligation to his clients to make sure they get a fair shake at justice. This perfectly well a part of advocating for his clients.

MOO

Just the accusation that he would take prostitutes into the cluttered unfinished basement of his home while his wife was home "upstairs" is absurd. If he's not killing them he's likely spending very little time with them to complete the transaction, taking them home for "services" makes no sense even if nobody was there.

Just the accusation that he would take prostitutes into the cluttered unfinished basement of his home while his wife was home "upstairs" is absurd. If he's not killing them he's likely spending very little time with them to complete the transaction, taking them home for "services" makes no sense even if nobody was there.
In my own opinion, one would be shocked at the dominant cavalier disposition that abusers heap on the victims in the home.

Depends on what he likes. He might like to role play specific scenarios for all we know.

jmo

A Long Island company found a macabre way to remember the Gilgo Beach murders — by peddling ornate jewelry named for the victims.

The 10 necklaces from Long Island-based company Jimmytoast are part of what the business calls The Heavy Metal Project, and feature thorns and spikes to evoke the dense thicket where the remains were found, colors matching the nail polish the women wore and symbols emulating tattoos cops used to identify their bodies.

“Some of these things are pretty obtusely designed — they’re pretty obnoxious,” said John Ray, an attorney for the families of two of the victims, Shannan Gilbert and Jessica Taylor.

“Shannan Gilbert’s is a bunch of thorns,” said Ray. ”That’s outrageous.”

Scantily clad models showcased the jewelry on the company’s website, which touted the baubles as “hauntingly beautiful.”

It even had a child model a necklace dedicated to the unidentified toddler whose remains were found in 1997.

A necklace dedicated to Valerie Mack, a 24-year-old who went missing in 2000, featured onyx details similar to a ring that was retrieved from her body and includes stones found on Long Island.

Jewelry designer Jamie Quilisadio came up with the idea for the project and partnered with the true-crime podcast “The First Degree” in May to launch a necklace along with the episodes on each victim.

“We just want to keep their spirits alive,” she insisted. “I definitely never meant for it to seem rude or dark or anything like that.”

A necklace part of the gilgo collection with a thorny heart.

The necklaces were priced between $60-$120 and have since sold out.

The proceeds, $5,346, are scheduled to go to the Sex Workers Outreach Project, according to Quilisadio, who sent receipts of the purchases to The Post.

“I wanted to use my artwork in a way that I could help bring awareness, and use the necklaces as a conversation piece while also protecting sex workers,” she added.
Hi, I am the designer that created this project. The project was created in 2022, before any arrests were made. The reporter here is trying to make it seem like some bandwagon profit scheme when that was never the case. Leave that to the NY post for their garbage content. The families of the victims participated in the project, and I am friends with a few of them since getting to know them and work with them over the course of the project. They fully support the movement and were in fact THANKFUL it. Nothing about my designs were “macabre”. That has been my jewelry style for years, as I am inspired by the nature surrounding me here on long island. I never altered my style to seem more “macabre” for this project. They were my existing designs, only adding elements of the victims personalities, hobbies, interests, tattoos, birthstones etc. things that their loved ones remember them for. Each necklace coincided with a podcast episode getting to know each victim. And as stated 100% of the net profits have been donated to SWOP- the sex workers outreach project, ending stigma and violence against sex workers. The other thing I’d like to mention is that John Ray spoke on behalf of his current and former clients which he was asked not to and he did anyway. Those clients (the victims family members) supported the project whereas John Rays statement made it seem otherwise. Even though the project ended some time ago, If you’d like to learn more about it and protecting SWers from law enforcement and violence you can visit theheavymetalproject.com to learn more about us. These posts are really hurtful after we worked to help so many in need. Thank you ♡

He tried to take Nikki home. (I apologize if I remember her name wrong. Please correct me.)

I think John Ray is advocating for his clients. As iamshadow and imstilla posted by link at #902 and #851 the families are disgusted.

MOO
None of the family members that participated were disgusted by the jewelry/podcast project. They supported it and were very grateful for the exposure since when it launched, no one was talking about the case anymore & it brought attention to it while helping others in need.

Hi, I am the designer that created this project. The project was created in 2022, before any arrests were made. The reporter here is trying to make it seem like some bandwagon profit scheme when that was never the case. Leave that to the NY post for their garbage content. The families of the victims participated in the project, and I am friends with a few of them since getting to know them and work with them over the course of the project. They fully support the movement and were in fact THANKFUL it. Nothing about my designs were “macabre”. That has been my jewelry style for years, as I am inspired by the nature surrounding me here on long island. I never altered my style to seem more “macabre” for this project. They were my existing designs, only adding elements of the victims personalities, hobbies, interests, tattoos, birthstones etc. things that their loved ones remember them for. Each necklace coincided with a podcast episode getting to know each victim. And as stated 100% of the net profits have been donated to SWOP- the sex workers outreach project, ending stigma and violence against sex workers. The other thing I’d like to mention is that John Ray spoke on behalf of his current and former clients which he was asked not to and he did anyway. Those clients (the victims family members) supported the project whereas John Rays statement made it seem otherwise. Even though the project ended some time ago, If you’d like to learn more about it and protecting SWers from law enforcement and violence you can visit theheavymetalproject.com to learn more about us. These posts are really hurtful after we worked to help so many in need. Thank you ♡
Hi, I recognized your name right away. My brother’s name was Jimmy so I can spot your name a mile away. I saw your name posted under the photos. I thought ‘oh no’ I feel bad. Really bad. I’m so happy you came to post and share your site. It’s hard to avoid the negative spin the the NY Post did with their choice of wording to the story. I can’t take back what I said now. I sincerely apologize it was hurtful but it was how the story made me feel. I couldn’t get away from that word. Of course, now, when I go back to reread the story, I will feel differently. It feels personal. Thank you so much! ❤️

If I found out my husband was credibly accused of being a serial killer and I was given all of this evidence indicating that it is very likely true, I would want to meet with police to help them put him away--tell them about his schedule, when he was home, places he liked to go, everything I knew that might help the victims get justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader