Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, just pulled up Discovery+ and went to documentaries to find something non-crime related lol, and guess what pops up recently added, “ID Special Report: The Long Island Serial Killer”, hosted by Nancy Grace.

Watched intro, and of course she’s got the usual dramatics going on, basement “torture chamber”...

It seems attorney Bob M is on the show, along with LE including Sheriff.

Going to pass on this tonight, but wanted let you all know in case not mentioned. :)

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking. It seems unlikely there would be many on LI.

ETA: I just checked photos of his Avalanche and it doesn't look the same. It has some kind of handle things on the cab, different door handles, etc.

It also needs to have those slanted triangular things on the back of the cab on each side. Sorry for the bad description, I'm not proficient at describing truck styles.

NYPICHPDPICT000014052734-2.jpg
Who needs a roof rag as an architect, working in Manhattan? Family vacation with suitcases? Ski vacation? Totes/body bags? Wooden beams for his hobby of furniture-manufacturing? Moving something from the family home to the rental storage?

Last edited:
I'm still considering whether she's telling the truth or just boosting about more than what had happened. It is interesting that she now says he told her his name. If that's true, she was most likely going to be murdered by him at his house. JMHO
We know, RH has to be mentally disturbed, because he murdered. But he seems to be already mentally disturbed somehow, when he thought, he as "Mister successful architect" from Manhattan could show his cluttered family home on LI to a nice city girl. You would rather keep it a secret about how you live privately, when there is such a big contrast, IMO. Did he plan, that no SW-witness of his family home would ever survive?

They had been placed roughly 10 yards from Ocean Parkway

The Gilgo 4 were ~30ft from the roadside, and approximately 500ft apart from each other.
They weren't equidistant from each other. This is a myth.

lisk-victims-map.jpg

As you can see, they're all different distances from each other, and actually Amber, since she's some distance from Melissa and the rest of the group, is the same distance from Megan as Asian Doe is. Melissa is actually closer to Megan than she is to Amber, the girl right next to her. No nice, neat equal spacing paced out, anywhere. .16 mile, .05 mile, and .07 mile.

Last edited:
@tararosenblum

In my jailhouse interview with Sheriff Toulon yesterday, he revealed alleged serial killer Rex Heuermann has had two visitors - his lawyer and an unidentified man, who is not a relative. He also meets weekly w/ Catholic clergy.
More details tonight at 5pm on News 12

The unidentified visitor was probably the process server IMO

he might have to if they all don't just 'sit down' very soon..

FYI, just pulled up Discovery+ and went to documentaries to find something non-crime related lol, and guess what pops up recently added, “ID Special Report: The Long Island Serial Killer”, hosted by Nancy Grace.

Watched intro, and of course she’s got the usual dramatics going on, basement “torture chamber”...

Going to pass on this tonight, but wanted let you all know in case not mentioned. :)
Why is Rex Heuermann’s wife’s attorney going on Nancy Grace, but not his own attorneys? Very strange. Have never seen this before. I assume he’s going to start defending Rex, too?

I noticed the container Peaches was in seemed to have an off brand sticker on it. I thought I should look for a similar sticker on the one in the released photos. Either I forgot to do it or couldn’t see a sticker on the one in the pics.
It turns out, Rubbermaid did make a large “Keepers Rough Tote.” Today, they call these larger ones “Keepers Rough Neck.”
Again, the green color is not standard. Maybe it was 20 years ago, but today green appears to be for commercial and or eco storage bins.

The Gilgo 4 were not dumped at the side of the road. They were about 100 feet off the road and each victim was about 50 feet apart.
Yes, but the most credible way for them to have gotten there is by Ross vehicle and foot.

MOO

View attachment 441198

As you can see, they're all different distances from each other, and actually Amber, since she's some distance from Melissa and the rest of the group, is the same distance from Megan as Asian Doe is. Melissa is actually closer to Megan than she is to Amber, the girl right next to her. No nice, neat equal spacing paced out, anywhere. .16 mile, .05 mile, and .07 mile.

Here's another good map that includes the locations of other assumed LISK victims
LostGirlsMap1.png

I watched it an did not like it very much. Very sensationalized, as Nancy does. She also needs to stop using the word H*okers, how degrading. JMO

View attachment 441198

where is Shannan?

Here's another good map that includes the locations of other assumed LISK victims
LostGirlsMap1.png
I will say, there seems to be an error in the interactive map INTERACTIVE CASE MAP — Lost Girls

It seems to suggest that Unidentified Human Bones, Unidentified Torso, and Unidentified Child are linked by DNA. But it also says that Unidentified Torso was found in 2000. I think they're conflating Peaches and Valerie Mack. Peaches' torso was found in 1997, not 2000, in Hempstead Lake State Park, not Manorville. Also, Unidentified Human Bones info box says a head, right foot and hands were recovered. They were, but not for Peaches. These remains align with the description of the parts found of Valerie Mack on April 4, 2011 on Cedar Beach near Unidentified Child/Toddler Doe. Skeletal remains of Peaches were found in the vicinity of Jones Beach Park on April 11, 2011, but her head has never been found.

So, from left to right:
Unidentified Human Bones - Peaches' skeletal remains (not her torso). (Disregard the interactive map description, which is for Mack's remains.)
Unidentified Skull - Karen Vergata
Amber Costello
Melissa Barthelemy
Maureen Brainard-Barnes
Asian Doe
Skull, hands and forearms of Jessica Taylor
Unidentified Remains - Head, right foot and hands of Valerie Mack
Unidentified Child/Toddler Doe - Peaches' Child
Shannan Gilbert
As far as I can determine, the Unidentified Female found in Manorville was not determined to be connected. Police identify body dumped in Manorville, arrest made | ABC7 New York | abc7ny.com L.I. Man Arrested In Connection With Manorville Park Death (The February 17, 2012 skeletal remains also mentioned in the info box were determined to be those of a middle aged male. He remains unidentified. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) )
Female Torso - Torso of Valerie Mack
Torso of Jessica Taylor

MOO

Last edited:
'Aug 15, 2023 #Banfield rbbm
Rex Heuermann was charged with killing at least three women and remains a lead suspect in a fourth death. The women are three of the 11 victims whose remains were found along Gilgo Beach in 2010 and 2011. Thomas Hargrove, founder of the Murder Accountability Project, tells "Banfield" his team believes there's a much larger number of unsolved homicides that may be connected to the case.'

ETA

Last edited:
Or maybe he had a regular place, a motel, that faces an uninhabited area like a lot, or field, or is in a corner without much visibility, where he can carry their bodies out unseen to put put them in his vehicle.

So maybe he did have some kind of regular place, rental, he used specifically for this purpose.
Let's hope he did. Since he is a unique-looking person and since he is all over the news, surely anyone who rented or leased to him has already contacted LE.

Agree. Once backed into a corner with no way out some choose suicide. Fotis Dulos was one who killed himself just before a hearing that was going to revoke his bail and put him back in jail. He knew he was never going to get out even though he had not yet been convicted. ( He tragically murdered his wife Jennifer in CT).
If RH is seeing clergy ( eye roll) it may be he was raised Catholic and he still believes bits and pieces of the religion and wants to do confession/ make things “right” before he kills himself. Most of the people I know that are Catholic are “ cafeteria” Catholics. They choose what to believe off the “menu” that suits their lifestyle. JMO
Why is Rex Heuermann’s wife’s attorney going on Nancy Grace, but not his own attorneys? Very strange. Have never seen this before. I assume he’s going to start defending Rex, too?

LostGirlsMap1.png
might be a stupid question … are mapped ONLY female remains possibly linked to LISK, or all unsolved remains on LI?

Last edited:
Oh, you meant on the Suffolk County Police map. The scope of the picture isn't wide enough. You'll see the Manorville remains and those on Jones Beach aren't on there either. Look at the greyscale map if you want an idea of where she was in relation to the rest.

MOO
Found it, it's way better. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members