Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two sex workers described accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex A. Heuermann as “violent” and “aggressive” during encounters they had with him, Suffolk Sheriff Errol Toulon Jr. said in an interview with Newsday on Thursday.

The sex workers were interviewed by members of the sheriff’s anti-human trafficking unit operating out of the two Suffolk County jails in Riverhead and Yaphank in late July, not long after the 59-year-old architect was arrested on July 13.

“A person of that size being a little aggressive was probably frightening,” Toulon said...

t may take a year or longer before Heuermann’s case goes to trial, due to the massive amounts of evidence gathered by Gilgo Beach Task Force investigators that need to be shared with his defense team. After his arrest, investigators spent days searching his house, two units at a storage facility in Amityville, a Chevy Avalanche he used to own, his Manhattan office and two out-of-town properties.

Toulon said he urges his staffers not to let their guard down while the notorious murder suspect is housed at the Riverhead facility, where there were 421 inmates as of Thursday.

“I don’t want them to ever be complacent with anything, with any of his requests,” Toulon said. “If they feel it is unusual, bring it to a supervisor’s attention. If he is not acting right, make sure he gets the proper medical treatment.”

Added Toulon: “This is a very unique person, as far as what I can see so far.”

Two sex workers described accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex A. Heuermann as “violent” and “aggressive” during encounters they had with him, Suffolk Sheriff Errol Toulon Jr. said in an interview with Newsday on Thursday.

The sex workers were interviewed by members of the sheriff’s anti-human trafficking unit operating out of the two Suffolk County jails in Riverhead and Yaphank in late July, not long after the 59-year-old architect was arrested on July 13.

“A person of that size being a little aggressive was probably frightening,” Toulon said...

t may take a year or longer before Heuermann’s case goes to trial, due to the massive amounts of evidence gathered by Gilgo Beach Task Force investigators that need to be shared with his defense team. After his arrest, investigators spent days searching his house, two units at a storage facility in Amityville, a Chevy Avalanche he used to own, his Manhattan office and two out-of-town properties.

Toulon said he urges his staffers not to let their guard down while the notorious murder suspect is housed at the Riverhead facility, where there were 421 inmates as of Thursday.

“I don’t want them to ever be complacent with anything, with any of his requests,” Toulon said. “If they feel it is unusual, bring it to a supervisor’s attention. If he is not acting right, make sure he gets the proper medical treatment.”

"Unique." That is a very kind word for this accused killer. Sheriff Toulon is a very good man.

MOO

Last edited:
Well first off he is HUGE and while he may be quiet in jail he could be extremely dangerous if provoked, also he is a sadist so he will enjoy hurting you.I would not trust him. He may have potential for inexplicable rage and violent explosions..I am sure he is extremely strong...just look at his hands..he could rip your head off. mOO

Katherine Ramsland Ph.D.

''KEY POINTS​

• The suspect in the Gilgo Beach murders was an ordinary man with a dark side.
  • He seems to have behaviors in common with a subset of secretive serial killers.
  • People can use such cases to suss out predatory signs.''
July 21, 2023
''Among the best guides to predatory maneuvers are Robert Hare’s Without Conscience, David Givens’ Crime Signals, and Gavin de Becker’s The Gift of Fear. Givens says these predators and con artists might be overly friendly and rehearsed, deflecting their target from what they’re about to do. Their eyes might lack the emotion they’re expressing. There may be subtle self-stimulation with hands and fingers (especially touching the mouth) or touching of the potential victim during a request. In addition, their rhythmic repetition of gestures adds a hypnotic quality.

More to the point, relatives of killers who’ve been caught have also reported suggestive behaviors: inconsistencies in their narratives, outright lies, tension or agitation with no context, unexplained absences, unexplained cuts or bruises, and items turning up that belong to no one in the family. Some killers have also kept private areas, like locked drawers or rooms, briefcases, vaults, or safety deposit boxes, allowing no one near them. Such behaviors don’t necessarily signal a covert serial killer, but they appear often enough in the backgrounds of identified killers that they should inspire greater vigilance. It’s the patterns of deception that should concern us.''

They're worried he'll kill himself before the trial

So, they did search “two out of town properties.” That’s good to hear. It was likely Las Vegas and SC.

I still think Culpepper, VA police should revisit RH, who visited Palmyra, VA after his mother’s move there in 1994. Alicia Showalter Reynolds murder happened in 1996 and he resembles the suspect sketch/description. Also, the way Alicia was discarded, just off a highway, in a logging area, is similar to the Manorville cases.

JMO, John Ray isn't causing Rex H's wife problems. Rex H is causing them by being a serial killer who murdered at least 4 women, being arrested and is now going to trial.

Its not the fault of LE that they had to thoroughly search the home of Rex and his wife Asa. Its their job to check for all possible evidence, especially since some of the victims were killed in that home. It's a crime scene. That's the fault of Rex Heuermann.

The law requires police conduct a full investigation into the murders of these women. Since some of the victims were murdered or held in Rex and Asa's home, they have to investigate everything and everyone who lived at the crime scene. It's an ongoing investigation, we have to be patient to see what develops. LE said early on that they believe Rex's wife was out of town when he murdered women at their home. Evidence continues to come in, as well as new witness testimony that can give a clearer picture.

John Ray, LE, Suffolk County prosecutors, the news media and everyone else is not responsible for Rex's wife's misery, he is. That she is still communicating with him, hasn't expressed sympathy towards his victims and isn't cooperating with LE is unusual for the spouse of a serial killer. Her problems stem from Rex Heuerman, her husband, and no one else.

JMO

"John Ray, LE, Suffolk County prosecutors, the news media and everyone else is not responsible for Rex's wife's misery, he is. That she is still communicating with him, hasn't expressed sympathy towards his victims and isn't cooperating with LE is unusual for the spouse of a serial killer. Her problems stem from Rex Heuerman, her husband, and no one else."

THIS ^ zero sympathy was shown towards victim's families.

I think it's to be expected that caring, thinking people who can see both sides of this terrible situation will be conflicted. Families on both sides are living, hurting human beings, and we would all like to help them all to feel better - to help them through this incredible time in their lives. As outsiders, we don't have to "take sides" just help where and when we feel led. It doesn't have to be equal, just what is appropriate at the time.
Being a survivor of a murdered son, victim families need the TRUTH more than anything. If you don't get it, it's like being victimized all over again

Back to sleuthing.
I have a question re chat GPT.

Assuming RH had a building where he brought his victims, could chat gPT locate all vacant buildings he had access to if fed the right information about all his active contracts since late 90's?

maybe try asking Chat to see what it comes up with!

The former chief of police in Suffolk County, James Burke, was recently arrested on minor charges.

In the past, he has done time for serious charges, beating a restrained prisoner severely, and orchestrating an elaborate cover up.

This is relevant to Rex Heuermann because the actions by James Burke possibly intended strictly to cover up his crimes directly interfered with solving LISK. The most significant action to that end he took was excluding the FBI from the investigation, because they were also investigating the human rights violation and cover up by James Burke.

It is also significant to Rex Heuermann because James Burke caused the investigation to be delayed and botched. Some evidence could be lost. More significantly, since Burke keeps on comitting crimes, it gives Heuermann's attorneys an opening to discredit the investigation and poking around for reasonable doubt.

It seemed to the mods that there was too much *unconnected* discussion of the arrest...distracting from Heuermann as a defendant. Posts were moved/removed. See Mad's message on post 772.

If you want to see the moved posts, not explicitly connected to Heuermann, follow the link on post 766.

MOO
It is my opinion that anyone inclined to see conspiracy theories or anyone with a fun and far-ranging imagination might construct some gem-dandy possibilities out of this.

Well first off he is HUGE and while he may be quiet in jail he could be extremely dangerous if provoked, also he is a sadist so he will enjoy hurting you.I would not trust him. He may have potential for inexplicable rage and violent explosions..I am sure he is extremely strong...just look at his hands..he could rip your head off. mOO
Yep and IF you're wearing a gun, late at night with reduced staff and he appears to be in physical distress -- CALL FOR HELP. Don't go to help when you're alone. Plan it ahead of time. He might be trying to lure you.

I was told, by the Chief Psychiatrist, when I worked in secure treatment and custody, to never trust the polite or compliant ones or to let down my guard.
Do you think that even if a person awaiting trial intends to be polite and compliant that the stress of his situation might cause a "meltdown" that gets violent, or an escape attempt -- even without anywhere to run. What if RH is waiting on something to happen or someone to come through?

"John Ray, LE, Suffolk County prosecutors, the news media and everyone else is not responsible for Rex's wife's misery, he is. That she is still communicating with him, hasn't expressed sympathy towards his victims and isn't cooperating with LE is unusual for the spouse of a serial killer. Her problems stem from Rex Heuerman, her husband, and no one else."

This is all MOO of course. She seems to be utterly beyond distraught, from what we saw via the media in the early days of his arrest. Then we learned of her cancer treatments. And of course she has an adult son who is in her care with some disability. Her home was destroyed via police searches, as was the yard dug up. If Rex was her sole income source, what a MASSIVE, MASSIVE stressor. Where will she turn to now for income? She is psychologically trying to process what the man she married most likely did, returned to a house that's a disaster, not sure where her next meal will come from with him behind bars. I think we've read she's communicating with him not because she supports him, but to obtain input from him to possibly determine where bank accounts are held so she can continue on. I haven't read she wasn't cooperating with LE - they ruled her and her kids out immediately, I thought. Maybe she's just so distraught she cannot even function if they need her help and I imagine they do. She can provide crucial input on his comings and goings over the years, but maybe right now she and her kids need some GOOD psychological care.

But I grant her 1,0000% slack in not expressing public comment about the victim's families. Right now, she has to take care of herself and her world was uprooted beyond what any of us can imagine. If she wasn't part of his crimes, I'm sure she has sympathy for the victims, but they were his victims, not hers, and she needs help to get her life back together, if she even can.

[bbm]

this keeps getting repeated and it's not what was said IMO
I believe the police said they've had no contact with her (after the initial interview where they showed her the pictures), not that she's not co-operating
and I believe her lawyer said 'they haven't been asked' JMO

Last edited:
This is all MOO of course..

But I grant her 1,0000% slack in not expressing public comment about the victim's families. Right now, she has to take care of herself and her world was uprooted beyond what any of us can imagine. If she wasn't part of his crimes, I'm sure she has sympathy for the victims, but they were his victims, not hers, and she needs help to get her life back together, if she even can.
Something has just occurred to me. Naturally, we're all aware her situation isn't covered in any of the etiquette books - How to behave if your husband (S.O.) is ever arrested as a serial killer. But could her actions perhaps be somewhat cultural?

Despite growing up in the US, her parents are natives of Iceland. Is she too? I don't recall. I wonder, is it possible that she believes offering a word of sympathy or "I'm sorry for the suffering of the victims and families" might be seen as her believing her husband is guilty and therefore she might be betraying RH? The divorce is possibly strictly financial reasons. But perhaps she is afraid of saying something that would hurt his case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971