Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a thought: considering that Rex Heuermann conducted many searches in relation to status of investigation (per the bail document), I wonder whether or not he trolled this site? Maybe even had an account and posted to LISK related forums?
I was pretty sure this was bought up one time before.. Thread 1 page 34 ish. I might have it wrong and it be like ws series- forum 2002 with a title like "is he here?"
They are All watching , All the ones we haven't even detected are watching. So are the police / LE at all levels . Stay alert.

This is all MOO of course. She seems to be utterly beyond distraught, from what we saw via the media in the early days of his arrest. Then we learned of her cancer treatments. And of course she has an adult son who is in her care with some disability. Her home was destroyed via police searches, as was the yard dug up. If Rex was her sole income source, what a MASSIVE, MASSIVE stressor. Where will she turn to now for income? She is psychologically trying to process what the man she married most likely did, returned to a house that's a disaster, not sure where her next meal will come from with him behind bars. I think we've read she's communicating with him not because she supports him, but to obtain input from him to possibly determine where bank accounts are held so she can continue on. I haven't read she wasn't cooperating with LE - they ruled her and her kids out immediately, I thought. Maybe she's just so distraught she cannot even function if they need her help and I imagine they do. She can provide crucial input on his comings and goings over the years, but maybe right now she and her kids need some GOOD psychological care.

But I grant her 1,0000% slack in not expressing public comment about the victim's families. Right now, she has to take care of herself and her world was uprooted beyond what any of us can imagine. If she wasn't part of his crimes, I'm sure she has sympathy for the victims, but they were his victims, not hers, and she needs help to get her life back together, if she even can.
well, I'd grant her some slack for her apparent lack of empathy for the murdered victims. Not quite 1000%. But if she can't do it right now, she can't do it.

She is in a unimaginably stressful situation, but getting through it might be delayed IMO if she sees herself more as a victim than a survivor, sees her problems as more important than everyone else's. (This is not the same thing as knowing she has to put the oxygen mask on herself first-taking care if herself first is not the same as feeling more important.) Her current attorneys seem to be doing her a disservice IMO. They are not emphasizing her strength. It appears she raised a creative, beautiful daughter and a loving son with challenges and an awesome puppy. She is the kind of person who loves pets. She grew an amazing garden. She has the spunk to flip off the press.

I don't trust her attorneys one bit. Macedondio (too lazy to find the correct spelling, and he doesn't deserve it) is a partier who dodged the consequences of holding a lot of coke thanks to Spota. Why would she accept the services of an attorney who owes his ability to practice law, not be disbarred, to part of the cabal that interfered with finding LISK?

The attorney is throwing shade at LE, making it seem like they haven't interviewed the family with an implication of neglect, while also saying they are advising their client to NOT talk about the case with Rex. Look at what Rex is accused of doing! Why shouldn't spunky, middle finger Asa, not be allowed to express all of her mixed emotions to her husband? Her attorneys are asking her to redirect all of the angry parts of how I imagine she feels out on LE. That is not healthy at all.

MOO

I don't think she owes anybody public statements, Rex committed the crimes not her, why has she not been afforded the privacy other serial killer families were given. BTK family were not harassed and his wife and son still retain anonymity, his daughter chose to go public, GSK family are still anonymous and haven't been filmed or hounded.

She should be left alone to begin to try to forge a new life with her children in the wreckage of what her husband has left.

Something has just occurred to me. Naturally, we're all aware her situation isn't covered in any of the etiquette books - How to behave if your husband (S.O.) is ever arrested as a serial killer. But could her actions perhaps be somewhat cultural?

Despite growing up in the US, her parents are natives of Iceland. Is she too? I don't recall. I wonder, is it possible that she believes offering a word of sympathy or "I'm sorry for the suffering of the victims and families" might be seen as her believing her husband is guilty and therefore she might be betraying RH? The divorce is possibly strictly financial reasons. But perhaps she is afraid of saying something that would hurt his case.
Asa Ellerup is a Danish name, not Icelandic. She may have Danish citizenship as well.

I don't think she owes anybody public statements, Rex committed the crimes not her, why has she not been afforded the privacy other serial killer families were given. BTK family were not harassed and his wife and son still retain anonymity, his daughter chose to go public, GSK family are still anonymous and haven't been filmed or hounded.

She should be left alone to begin to try to forge a new life with her children in the wreckage of what her husband has left.
Well, agreed! She does not owe public statements.

yet, she gave them. The most controversial ones: through her lawyer.

That was her choice. As far as I know. Maybe her lawyer approached her in her vulnerable state, and is taking advantage of her.

MOO

I think they have protocol to do exactly that ... call for help.
I'm sure they do. And after watching an interview with the sheriff who oversees the area RH is housed in, I am impressed with him - his background, education and dedication to duty. Unfortunately, we are all subject to being human and sometimes in an important moment will not follow what we know to be best. The Molly Tibbets case and the Miranda rights problem is just an example. People on here worried about the Miranda, and I thought they were silly thinking something that basic had undoubtedly been done. Nope. While Suffolk County's force is naturally much more experienced, it is still made up of human beings . . .Things do not always go as planned.

Well said. She is a victim and has a right to her silence if she so chooses. No passing judgement on Asa Ellerup from me. How she handles the situation she finds herself in is totally up to her. She doesn't need to bow to public opinion.

Yep and IF you're wearing a gun, late at night with reduced staff and he appears to be in physical distress -- CALL FOR HELP. Don't go to help when you're alone. Plan it ahead of time. He might be trying to lure you.
Guns are not carried by corrections in Suffolk County. Baton, pepper spray, and only some have tasers. There is no reduced staff at any time. All posts must be covered at all times. This is why there is so much overtime. If calling for help, SERT (Sheriff's Emergency Rescue Team) comes in--not one individual. Think of them like S.W.A.T. Recently SERT did change their name to a more "friendly" (in my opinion) term, but it escapes me right now, because my husband will always refer to it as SERT when he needs to be in that uniform.

ETA a few more facts pertaining to your post.

Last edited:
Guns are not carried by corrections in Suffolk County. Baton, pepper spray, and only some have tasers. There is no reduced staff at any time. All posts must be covered at all times. This is why there is so much overtime. If calling for help, SERT (Sheriff's Emergency Rescue Team) comes in--not one individual. Think of them like S.W.A.T. Recently SERT did change their name to a more "friendly" (in my opinion) term, but it escapes me right now, because my husband will always refer to it as SERT when he needs to be in that uniform.

ETA a few more facts pertaining to your post.
Terrific to know. You can always tell a country girl . . . me, I'm the country girl. RH seems to be such a model prisoner I can't help but wonder what's really going on. Is he plotting? His brain must be whirring a million miles an hour. The meek arrest, everything since. Well, I wonder. Thanks for filling us in. As I've mentioned I was very impressed with Sheriff Toulon during an interview I watched today and recognized the education, experience and network he has available. We may hear nothing from RH until the trial and I'm too easily influenced by TV, movies and too many books. It's always exciting in my imagination. :)

How are we supposed to know, which paper LE is searching for??

Last edited:
How are we supposed to know, which paper LE is searching for??
We don't. They do though. So the warrant covers any of those Bounty patterns. If one is produced out of the warrant, and it matches the one I assume they have, then voila. MOO

Thanks for this @dotr - very interesting piece - great Sheriff!

Was very clear the utmost caution is being taken to keep RH "safe", in complete contrast to PVSP in CA where Paul Flores was thrown into the lions' den. Different circumstances I know but...

Hate for despicable acts against women and children plus the notoriety of taking down a big fish SK is foremost in the minds of officers in this gaol when handling RH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971