Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who've been banished from X by the free speech guy ...

Two women held in Suffolk County jail say they had encounters with the Gilgo Beach killings suspect Rex Heuermann, describing the meetings with him as “violent” and “aggressive,” sheriff’s department spokesperson Vicki DiStefano said Thursday.
The information was uncovered as part of ongoing interviews by the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department human trafficking unit, which was created to help those incarcerated have access to services and support they need to recover.

I was pretty sure this was bought up one time before.. Thread 1 page 34 ish. I might have it wrong and it be like ws series- forum 2002 with a title like "is he here?"
They are All watching , All the ones we haven't even detected are watching. So are the police / LE at all levels . Stay alert.
I’ll have to check that out. I was thinking more of some older threads…like the ones that spanned years and hundreds of pages (i.e., ‘Victim: Melissa Barthelemy’; ‘Victim: Amber Costello’, etc.)…

ESPECIALLY the Amber Costello thread. I’d be shocked if he DIDN’T read every single one of those posts. And probably even posted…

has anyone read what happened to Asa's three cats? she said in one video clip 'I had three cats'
we saw one being loaded onto a truck in a trap
"I had three cats. Litter boxes were a strew, thrown on top of everything. My pictures were thrown all over the place," Ellerup told the Post. "My couch was completely shredded."

''Three cats were taken from the home to the Town of Oyster Bay Animal Shelter and would have been euthanized if not picked up within a specific period, but Macedonio’s office had them removed to a local animal shelter so they can be adopted out.''

"I had three cats. Litter boxes were a strew, thrown on top of everything. My pictures were thrown all over the place," Ellerup told the Post. "My couch was completely shredded."

''Three cats were taken from the home to the Town of Oyster Bay Animal Shelter and would have been euthanized if not picked up within a specific period, but Macedonio’s office had them removed to a local animal shelter so they can be adopted out.''

Thanks Dotr. Very sad.

"It is nice to have closure," said Brenda Breen, the stepsister of Karen Vergata.

"To me, it is miraculous, it gives me chills to know how science [can work]," said Tricia Hazen, the half-sister of victim Valerie Mack, who was identified in 2020.

“It makes me feel hopeful that something will be resolved,” Pamela Brewer, Jodi Brewer’s mother, said in an interview from her home in Oregon.

“There are similarities, but I could only just get my hopes up and cross my fingers,” said the victim’s sister Jacqueline Brewer, who was 13 when her sister died.

In Las Vegas, Jodi Brewer’s case has been linked to other similar unsolved killings where the dismembered remains of young women were found off the side of the road. Brewer’s remains were found near I-15 and Cima Road, about 25 miles from the Nevada state line.

In a 2008 Review-Journal story, Las Vegas police said they were investigating possible links between the cases of women who had been sex workers who were killed or who had disappeared. They included Brewer, Lindsay Harris and Jessica Foster, as well as possibly a fourth person, Misty Saens.

Last edited:
has anyone read what happened to Asa's three cats? she said in one video clip 'I had three cats'
we saw one being loaded onto a truck in a trap
It was announced that LE had trapped them and sent them to a kill shelter. (I didn't know we had any in NY; that was news to me.) But they were moved to a shelter where they could be adopted.

I guess Asa cant care for them now.

MOO

"I had three cats. Litter boxes were a strew, thrown on top of everything.
I am a very strong supporter of LE. And a case of multiple deaths like this -- they can do almost no wrong. BUT cat litter boxes strewn???? Even if you have to check the bottom of the boxes, come on LE folks -- scattering it about is too nasty for your own crew to have to work in even if you are wearing hazmat suits. I understand the couch being ripped apart. Trophies could have been hidden in the cushions. As for the cats - where I come from adult cats are not easily adopted. I'd think if Asa wanted them back, they may still be with rescue and available to her.

what right do they have to take her pets to a shelter? I would never have allowed that I don't care what all went on..mOO

At this point, I don't believe anything that Asa or her attorneys are saying about what LE did when they searched Rex's home. Nothing negative, I'm just reserving judgment until more is known.

ETA: The reason I'm reserving judgment is that I'm still not certain of all of Macedonio's motives when it comes to his legal representation of Rex H's wife. I don't recall any other murder case I've followed where an attorney representing the killer's wife set up an aggressive legal and PR campaign to bash the police who arrested the killer, using the wife as a tool.

He's also doing this with the knowledge that LE can't respond without compromising their case against his client's husband.

Last edited:
what right do they have to take her pets to a shelter? I would never have allowed that I don't care what all went on..mOO
Betty P's remark, directly below yours, is a good one, reserving judgement. Laws vary so much from one state to another, one county to another. Well, it doesn't make sense to me that any animal involved in a legal matter could be euthanized quickly but laws would require it to be held for a lengthy time -- perhaps until the case went to trial. Does anyone here know what Suffolk County laws are regarding animals taken during a legal warranted search?

I would guess that there is a lot we don’t know. They didn’t remove the dog from the home. Only the cats. There has to be reasoning behind this. Perhaps the cats were not well or needed health care that AE couldn’t provide immediately.

Betty P's remark, directly below yours, is a good one, reserving judgement. Laws vary so much from one state to another, one county to another. Well, it doesn't make sense to me that any animal involved in a legal matter could be euthanized quickly but laws would require it to be held for a lengthy time -- perhaps until the case went to trial. Does anyone here know what Suffolk County laws are regarding animals taken during a legal warranted search?
The cats weren’t taken. They were not held as evidence. They were removed from the home. Sent to a shelter. For a reason. The dog, was not.

The cats weren’t taken. They were not held as evidence. They were removed from the home. Sent to a shelter. For a reason. The dog, was not.
ideas as to the reasons? Thanks.

Never mind. Saw the post with your reasons. So much depends on the area and how strong animal rescue is in that area. I still suspect the cats are available if Asa is interested in getting them back.

My own speculation as to the reason they were removed would be to get DNA from each one in case it matched anything else anywhere else and for the animals' safety. Cats are more difficult to control and they could not be left alone in the house, nor cared for by the technicians if the cats were crated. The search was extended - a week - so they were captured, put into crates and delivered to someone whose job it was to provide animal care. my best guess. For the cats' protection to prevent one getting outside in a terrified state. Again, I wonder if anyone has checked about getting them back now that the family are back in the home.

Last edited:
I would guess that there is a lot we don’t know. They didn’t remove the dog from the home. Only the cats. There has to be reasoning behind this. Perhaps the cats were not well or needed health care that AE couldn’t provide immediately.

It's possible that AE and her children took the dog with them when LE showed up and didn't feel they needed to take the cats.

In our community, if there is a companion animal situation like this, LE will contact the local Animal Control person who will know where to take the pets, whether cats or dogs. Animal Control works with local veterinarians who will take these pets in when situations like this emerge and work with Animal Control to get them adopted and give them the care they need as appropriate.

Animal Control certainly wouldn't take them to a kill shelter.

ideas as to the reasons? Thanks.

Never mind. Saw the post with your reasons. So much depends on the area and how strong animal rescue is in that area. I still suspect the cats are available if Asa is interested in getting them back.

My own speculation as to the reason they were removed would be to get DNA from each one in case it matched anything else anywhere else and for the animals' safety. Cats are more difficult to control and they could not be left alone in the house, nor cared for by the technicians if the cats were crated. The search was extended - a week - so they were captured, put into crates and delivered to someone whose job it was to provide animal care. my best guess. For the cats' protection to prevent one getting outside in a terrified state. Again, I wonder if anyone has checked about getting them back now that the family are back in the home.
Long Island is very very pet conscious. I would guess we have hundreds of rescues in Nassau and Suffolk. The fact that a rescue wasn’t asked to take them (temporarily) leads me to believe there is something we don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude