Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested to know if RH met with the women/victims more than once. Perhaps he was a frequent client, built a sort of trust with some of the women? Speculation and JMO.
I’m willing to bet he met with them more than once. People like him like to play cat and mouse games. It probably would have given him quite the thrill knowing he gained their trust and was able to get the upper hand on them. If he was not familiar to them beforehand, he could have kept a picture of his wife and kids or just his kids on his person to lull the victims into thinking he was safe because he was a “family man”. Ridgeway did something similar (keeping a pic of his kids where the sex workers could see them in plain view) with some of his victims.

Good to know about the photo, missed that. Is there a link for that, not challenging, just want to see the whole thing.

So why are there direct reports then that they haven’t been contacted or interviewed?

My head hurts lol.
Not sure your question has been answered but I can tell you the Press Conference on July 14th when the announcement of RH's arrest, it was during that NC that it was made. It is available on youtube and it runs over an hour. Just do a search for press conference of RH's arrest and it will come up.

I had no idea there was that kind of connection. It definitely makes more sense that JR had his outburst. However, he was so off the mark in the way he said it. He could have just stated he had a credible witness to AE's complicity in RH's crimes and left it at that. No reason to be just downright nasty. He came off badly and may have ruined his chances to appear on any news stories in the future with this case. He made it personal and he should have never done that.
BBM
You may be surprised.

I read an article recently (will have to find it), that discussed RH having worked in the Queens area at one time in his career. Didn't he also attend school there?

JMO, if it matches a timeline and the evidence, it might work.

I recently read about software that the FBI has that helps LE interpret, sort and organize cell tower and cell phone data. Some of that comes as a big data dump that has to be sorted before it can be analyzed.
Queens is huge. In his job he could/would have projects in all 5 boroughs. He could have had keys. Any property developments, 10+ years ago, I’d guess there is not easy evidence remaining.

However, It’s possible that the cab of his truck, back seat bench was all the space he needed.

Brothel not necessary to find SW - at the time could find SW on Craig’s list, Backpage, various websites. He didn’t need to visit anyplace where he would be seen and easily remembered as giant ogre type. He could just make a call, organise to meet. Probably selected those without a male watcher/security.
RH, probably easily seem like the suburban dad, probably tells a good sad story to get sympathy and trust.

His killings may not have been elaborate planned events with secret locations. Could be contact from Craig’s list, Back page, pick up, strangle in truck, wrap up & dump. Occam’s razor … simplest explanation etc

Kerri Rawson, the daughter of serial killer Dennis Radar, says it has been 18 years since her father was arrested as the BTK serial killer and people still will say about her and her mother - "how did you not know?" People have a hard time understanding how these serial killers compartmentalize and lead double lives and hide this part of their lives from their families.

Kerri is able to give a first person perspective of what it's like for the family to be living in the shadow of a serial killer, even 18 years later, and understands what the family is going through.

I hope she can give the family hope and understanding, while they have to deal with the kinds of accusations made publicly by people like John Ray.
I don't recall which case it was but it was at least 40 years ago I read an interview with a serial killer's wife, and the same exact questions were coming up then. Folks have this idea that if a person is living with someone that horrific, capable of crimes that unthinkable, that somehow there will be red flags, or some kind of sign that let's them know something is terribly wrong. I've often wondered if people think this way because they can't imagine the possibility of themselves being on the receiving end of being so dreadfully deceived.

What you say about compartmentalising is how it all makes sense. It's the same exact thing people do when they're having an ongoing affair, or even years of multiple affairs. Once it's revealed, in retrospect as the cheated on spouse examines the lie that was their marraige, and of course they see little nuggets here and there but still, never anything that said "he's definitely cheating" or in this case, "he's 100% out there murdering sex workers".

I think it may be a self-preservation thing but for most folks, they don't automatically assume the worst.

jmo

IMO, we show some gender bias here. Of course no-one should be actually thinking that AE is likely to have an active involvement in the murders, as the LE has stated that she was out of town when these happened and she has not been named a POI.

However, it is also understandable why people are shocked about the (most likely misleading) "she has not been interviewed" statement by her lawyer. After all, her hair was on the victims. Moreover, awawk it was most likely 3 units of her hair and only 1 unit of RH-s hair. Just imagine if these 3 hairs were of an unknown male friend of RH. Would you be happy if there were no interviews with him, just because there were some old plane tickets for these 3 dates, so topic ended? I don't think I would be happy with that.
I don't think it's actual gender bias, but in our modern ever changing world, anything is possible. The task force as far as I remember had RH in their sights since early 2022 using modern technology and began surveillance on him. I think AE would have also been surveiled since she was living with him. I think they did a deep dive into her life too to either include her or exclude her from the murders. As of right now she is not a suspect so we really shouldn't be discussing her anymore. JMHO

Well, if their home is super dirty (or, at least, has been described as "akin to hoarder"), couldn't there be carpet transfer?

I've hair something akin to his Mrs., and I molt all over the place. (I even got one of those long rubber-toothed pet rakes for the throw rugs, because pushing a vacuum is hard on my lousy L5/S1.)

IMO, their carpets are probably a semi-matted mess, and it'd be no surprise to me if the hair transfer was totally accidental. (My poor beleaguered father once found one of my mother's hairs; INSIDE his sock, wound about his toe cutting off his circulation at work, lol; so I'm used to decades of this.)
The hair in your dads sock sounds more like dryer transfer, LMAO! JMO

At first I thought well, maybe he later saw the vehicle later with the wife around town or something, it was the only way I could fit him in with what JR said. I agree he was definitely dismissed for some issue. DS may or not know the reasons why, but my invisible radar could tell he is pissed he was overlooked and heard ‘go away you’re a pest’ from LE those times he made visits to the police station. He wasn’t even recognized when first announced. Uncool!
When DS was recently interviewed after RH's arrest, he admitted that at that time in 2010/11 he was in active addiction to heroin and was probably dismissed because police have credibility issues with people in his condition. Which in hindsight is just so sad, IMHO.

Last edited:
When DS was recently interviewed after RH's arrest, he admitted that at that time in 2010/11 he was in active addiction to heroin and was probably dismissed because police have credibility with people in his condition. Which in hindsight is just so sad, IMHO.

Do you have a link for that info about DS? TIA.

The police made a major error in ignoring the evidence he provided to them. Probably better for them if we just move on and be grateful that someone else went through that evidence and actually used it to catch the killer. It just goes to show that police should consider any evidence they encounter, especially from people who were at the scene of a crime (in this case the victim leaving with the killer).

Attaching the link to listen to this morning’s interviews on “LI Live” with DA Ray Tierney/ Robert Macedonia/John Ray and Joe Giacalone.
I found it be a great listen and would encourage everyone to do so. It’s not a lot of drama ( ok there is some lol ) but mostly listenable and imo very enlightening. JMO.

Interesting Rex H's wife's attorney used the same words to attack JR that some posters use here. He's quite the expert at word salad. Very deceptive, IMO.

Why is he representing Rex's wife as if she's been accused of being involved in the murder, too? This must be the first time the wife of a serial killer or any major killer has hired an attorney to do public relations for her, sue the police for her, etc. So bizarre.

ETA: Does anyone know who is paying these two "defense" attorneys?

MOO

Last edited:
Attaching the link to listen to this morning’s interviews on “LI Live” with DA Ray Tierney/ Robert Macedonia/John Ray and Joe Giacalone.
I found it be a great listen and would encourage everyone to do so. It’s not a lot of drama ( ok there is some lol ) but mostly listenable and imo very enlightening. JMO.

I started listening this morning and then the cats were all singing to me saying meow meow meow feed me and then I forgot about it. Appreciate you for bringing it over.

Attachments

• 1s.png
    1s.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 16
Ummm, you know what John Ray's place is?

Thank goodness for John Ray. There is so much icky in Suffolk County. Yet, he fights for justice persistently and reliably.

He does not have to have a GB4 client to comment. Are you the lawyer for any of the murdered victims? What makes your giving your opinion okay, and his not?

He is not lashing out. He is adding information which I would like to point out has NOT been disputed by LE (who know; they have the house surveilled). The information has not been disputed by the family's attorneys (who did take the time to refute rumors about the vault and soundproofing).

John Ray is a very important part in moving towards justice for many victims, including those he has never represented. It matters not that there does not seem to be a criminal connection between Rex and Shannan based on what we know.

MOO
@ Ruminations Hello - maybe listen to the tapes from this morning interviews - you will hear that the lawyer for Rex’s estranged wife is very much refuting what JR said. I think you will also hear John Ray soften his tone and also indicate that the police do not have info from his witness - (I believe it was represented here that the police were in possession of info from this witness ). There is no more mention of “complicit”. So he has taken it down a notch imo. Now just indicates that she should be a suspect. He does call the family all sociopaths though which was new to me and still maintains they all knew about the SW ‘s and Rex in the house. Good news regarding Shannan it seems he has evidence to present to Ray T and the task force.
There are Lots of little nuggets through out the interviews but in the big picture IMO all is pretty much the same as it was before JR stirred things up after the morning presser was held. Back to status quo. JMO.

@Lyanna had a list of all his contracts for every year, we just didn't know where to start so Queens is a good place to start, maybe? A new member suggested it this morning and it feels like a plan..

I'm assuming he would have had some furniture in there.. a building that is habitable but unoccupied for a number of years?
Can't be too many, Queens is expensive real estate.. maybe a building that is in probate for a very long time? But that would have required his services at some stage..

I can't work the chat gPT thing in any case.. and I dislike it as well.. Google maps might do the job.. we can check older maps that way too..

i don't know about his vehicles in late 90's but they should be on record?
What year? have a property he made applications for in 2006, in Queens

Moo

@ Ruminations Hello - maybe listen to the tapes from this morning interviews - you will hear that the lawyer for Rex’s estranged wife is very much refuting what JR said. I think you will also hear John Ray soften his tone and also indicate that the police do not have info from his witness - (I believe it was represented here that the police were in possession of info from this witness ). There is no more mention of “complicit”. So he has taken it down a notch imo. Now just indicates that she should be a suspect. He does call the family all sociopaths though which was new to me and still maintains they all knew about the SW ‘s and Rex in the house. Good news regarding Shannan it seems he has evidence to present to Ray T and the task force.
There are Lots of little nuggets through out the interviews but in the big picture IMO all is pretty much the same as it was before JR stirred things up after the morning presser was held. Back to status quo. JMO.
I didn't get those indications. JR is on target. MOO

Interesting Rex H's wife's attorney used the same words to attack JR that some posters use here. He's quite the expert at word salad. Very deceptive, IMO.

Why is he representing Rex's wife as if she's been accused of being involved in the murder, too? This must be the first time the wife of a serial killer or any major killer has hired an attorney to do public relations for her, sue the police for her, etc. So bizarre.

ETA: Does anyone know who is paying these two "defense" attorneys?

MOO
IKR? Does she even want this <modsnip - namecalling> around, or was he forced on her?

If the best my attorney could do was say, "It's rediculous to think she was upstairs while he was downstairs murdering people," leaving everyone with the impression that he is agreeing she was upstairs while Rex had people over, since that was the actual statement, I'd fire him in a second, even if he were free.

If he were my attorney, and I'd done nothing criminal, he'd be expected to say whichever is true:

"Knowing about an affair going on in the home is not murder."
Or
"AE has no knowledge of Rex H bringing dates or sex workers into the home."

He Is is vaguely implying the first, but why not come out and say it?

Fire his butt, AE! (IMO.)

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I did, and I'd fire him. He's making me sure that she did know about sex workers in the basement.

MOO

I think it will all be resolved in time, JMO. We just need to be patient and allow the DA and his team to do their jobs. The hiring of a team of attorneys to represent the alleged serial killer's wife is a new kink not seen before in a serial murder prosecution.

JMO, It's going to cause problems, particularly if Rex's wife and family choose to support Rex's claims of innocence. There will then be, in essence, two defense teams issuing regular talking points via news, talk shows and social media in support of Rex H. Prosecution won't be able to counter. Never seen this before and not sure its a good thing.

ETA: Perhaps the judge will issue a gag order on all parties involved. I've seen it before and it works well.

Hi @Warwick7 - I am not sure which indications you are referring to. Happy to have you call them out and maybe I can point to the area of the interview where I heard/ interpreted what I have written. Also happy to just agree to disagree and move on. Whatever works for you. I know we all process information differently on this sub and I don’t need to agree with you to respect your viewpoint and others.
Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member