Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the Gilgo Beach murders?
Detectives discovered the bodies wrapped in hunting camouflage burlap within a quarter mile of each other on a stretch of Gilgo Beach.

At that time, they made a discovery that would prove crucial to the case – five hairs found on three victims.

"There's so much more mitochondrial DNA per cell than there is nuclear DNA, and because of the structure, the mitochondrial DNA, it's circular," forensic expert Cynthia Cale said. "So, it's self-contained so it's protected better from environmental factors"

Mitochondrial DNA is inherited from your mother, and importantly, it also doesn't degrade as quickly over time. It's become valuable studying ancestry and evolution, and for cracking the Gilgo Beach case wide open.

Agree. She seems more out of it in some videos, and not so much in others. In the TMZ interview she was very Anna Nicole Smith out of it as another member referred to it as (that might even be you, I don't remember)

I'm the culprit that said she sounded like Anna Nicole Smith. I watched the interview with Nancy Grace last Sunday and my heart sunk because I thought she sounded like Anna Nicole Smith when she was using drugs. It made me sad to think if true, this arrest and seeing RH's picture in the news could have triggered her in some way. Her eyes were half open/half shut too which I know is usually a heroin high... JMO

What else is there for LE to say after Tierney gave up the whole danged farm in his first PC ?

( Kind of joking, but honestly, that was mind boggling to me. )
It was 13 years of information, it really was a lot. If they had just said we've made an arrest that would have been a lot for me to hear after so long waiting...

I agree with that assessment - especially large game, such as bear which he supposedly went to Alaska for. With large game, it has to be field dressed (stories he loved to tell apparently) then hauled out of the wilderness to the vehicle. However, you can do something once and talk about for the rest of your life. I've wondered how much actual hunting he really did and how much was talk as a cover for other activities. We would waterski a couple months for a few summers but have gotten great mileage from the stories over many years . . .
RH never needed to go to Alaska to Bear hunt. It happens in Upstate NY and NJ.

You know, I thought the press conference gave too much information. I just hope that doesn't come back to haunt the prosecutors (or the victims' families).

Well, RH was already indicted and all of what RT said has to be turned over to the defense anyway. He was careful not to spill any details on the ongoing investigation into MBB and that's impt I think. It was the praise of himself, the almost campaign-like tone that really started to irritate me.

jmo

It's been mentioned that RH was a big hunter. Having a ton of guns doesn't make you one nor does target shooting.

In Louisiana, many guys don't plan major events such as weddings, etc on the opening day of hunting seasons. There are tons of seasons such as duck, dove, deer, alligator, turkey, boar, and squirrel. You have to climb up blinds, carry your animals, trudge through mud with boots. It takes stamina. RH looks too lazy for it.
Ducks are about the extent of it I'm guessing. Lol

Good evening Websleuths!

The topic of this thread is Rex Heuermann and the crimes he has been accused of. The investigation into the LISK or Gilgo Beach murders has gone on for years and understandably a lot has transpired during that time. Many aspects of the investigation likely have threads here on Websleuths and specifically in the Long Island Serial Killer forum. If there is breaking news concerning someone or something that is not directly related to or connected to RH, please discuss it on that thread. If there isn't a thread, consider starting one. Mentioning these topics is fine, but dozens of posts discussing the specifics of something currently unrelated make it difficult for those following this specific case.

If you have any questions please use the report feature on any post to ask it.

Thanks!

Mad

Aug 23 2023
''Rex Heuermann submitted a court-ordered DNA sample last week as prosecutors hope to strengthen their case against the accused Gilgo Beach serial killer, according to a report.

Heuermann’s cheek was swabbed on Wednesday at the Suffolk County Jail in Riverhead, where he has been held since his July 13 arrest on charges of murdering three women whose bodies were found along the Long Island beach in December 2010, sources told Newsday.

The 59-year-old architect’s attorneys had protested the DNA request from the Suffolk County Prosecutor’s Office, but Supreme Court Judge Timothy Mazzei ruled the state had sufficient probable cause to justify the sample earlier this month.''

Aug 23 2023
''Rex Heuermann submitted a court-ordered DNA sample last week as prosecutors hope to strengthen their case against the accused Gilgo Beach serial killer, according to a report.

Heuermann’s cheek was swabbed on Wednesday at the Suffolk County Jail in Riverhead, where he has been held since his July 13 arrest on charges of murdering three women whose bodies were found along the Long Island beach in December 2010, sources told Newsday.

The 59-year-old architect’s attorneys had protested the DNA request from the Suffolk County Prosecutor’s Office, but Supreme Court Judge Timothy Mazzei ruled the state had sufficient probable cause to justify the sample earlier this month.''
I'm relieved they were able to get it.

So what name did he use and is it the same name he tells everybody?
Aug 23 '23 rbbm
''Heidi Kovas, who said she’s a friend of Bean, told PIX 11 News that she has been pushing for answers since Bean’s disappearance. She said her “jaw dropped” when she saw the resemblance between Kovas and the Gilgo Beach victims.''

“All of them matched Julia,” she said. “Everything. The blond hair, the green eyes, the fact she was so petite.”
Kovas added that Bean’s daughter “recognized him right away.”

Kovas added that Bean’s daughter said Heuermann drove Bean to a nail salon in Sumter in 2017. According to Kovas, Heuermann used a different name.

“That was not his name,” Kovas said. “That is not what he called himself.”

''Heuermann allegedly bragged about the homes and boats he owned, Kovas said. Court records indicate that Heuermann owned land in Chester County, South Carolina, around 100 miles away from Sumter.''

Ws thread

So what name did he use and is it the same name he tells everybody?
Aug 23 '23 rbbm
''Heidi Kovas, who said she’s a friend of Bean, told PIX 11 News that she has been pushing for answers since Bean’s disappearance. She said her “jaw dropped” when she saw the resemblance between Kovas and the Gilgo Beach victims.''

“All of them matched Julia,” she said. “Everything. The blond hair, the green eyes, the fact she was so petite.”
Kovas added that Bean’s daughter “recognized him right away.”

Kovas added that Bean’s daughter said Heuermann drove Bean to a nail salon in Sumter in 2017. According to Kovas, Heuermann used a different name.

“That was not his name,” Kovas said. “That is not what he called himself.”

''Heuermann allegedly bragged about the homes and boats he owned, Kovas said. Court records indicate that Heuermann owned land in Chester County, South Carolina, around 100 miles away from Sumter.''

Ws thread
I was dubious about this connection, but we know he's a braggart, so I'm more inclined to entertain this now. I bet he does talk about all the possessions he has, probably inflating the wealth factor by a silly amount.

MOO

Where have all the posts/posters gone?!

The former chief of police in Suffolk County, James Burke, was recently arrested on minor charges.

In the past, he has done time for serious charges, beating a restrained prisoner severely, and orchestrating an elaborate cover up.

This is relevant to Rex Heuermann because the actions by James Burke possibly intended strictly to cover up his crimes directly interfered with solving LISK. The most significant action to that end he took was excluding the FBI from the investigation, because they were also investigating the human rights violation and cover up by James Burke.

It is also significant to Rex Heuermann because James Burke caused the investigation to be delayed and botched. Some evidence could be lost. More significantly, since Burke keeps on comitting crimes, it gives Heuermann's attorneys an opening to discredit the investigation and poking around for reasonable doubt.

It seemed to the mods that there was too much *unconnected* discussion of the arrest...distracting from Heuermann as a defendant. Posts were moved/removed. See Mad's message on post 772.

If you want to see the moved posts, not explicitly connected to Heuermann, follow the link on post 766.

MOO

Last edited:
The former chief of police in Suffolk County, James Burke, was recently arrested on minor charges.

In the past, he has done time for serious charges, beating a restrained prisoner severely, and orchestrating an elaborate cover up.

This is relevant to Rex Heuermann because the actions by James Burke possible intended strictly to cover up his crimes directly interfered with solving LISK. The most significant action to that end he took was excluding the FBI from the investigation, because they were also investigating the human rights violation and cover up by James Burke.

It is also significant to Rex Heuermann because James Burke caused the investigation to be delayed and botched. Some evidence could be lost. More significantly, since Burke keeps on comitting crimes, it gives Heuermann's attorneys an opening to discredit the investigation and poking around for reasonable doubt.

It seemed to take mods that there was too much *unconnected* discussion of the arrest...distracting from Heuermann as a defendant. See Mad's message on post 772.

If you want to see the unconnected James Burke info, follow the link on post 766.

MOO
July '23
''Back in 2012, Burke was accused of allegedly blocking FBI's investigation into the Gilgo Beach murders case shortly after becoming the chief of the department.''

''At the time the source said that Burke "never wanted us involved in [the Gilgo Beach] case because he knew we were investigating him." A former Suffolk County family judge alleged Burke was able to block the FBI through "something to do with 'initial jurisdiction' and other bureaucratic gibberish."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97