Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, no "source" named.

He had been on the special Gilgo Beach Homicide Investigation Task Force for at least a year — and was arrested after being linked by DNA, one source said.
This is crazy. Press conference is about to start at 4 pm Eastern MAJOR UPDATE: Gilgo Beach Serial Killings Press Conference, Suspect Arrested at NY Home, #HeyJB Live

What in the world is this, I wonder. Significant or meaningless.

"Heuermann also spoke about learning to construct furniture from his father, whom he described as an aerospace engineer who built satellites. "I build furniture at home and I still build it in the same exact workshop," he said. "I have one tool that's pretty much used in almost every job, and it's actually a cabinet maker's hammer. It is persuasive enough when I need to persuade something."
"Not someone?" the interviewer asked.
"Something," Heuermann said, "and it always yields excellent results."

I just searched that tool.

I haven’t followed this case nearly as close as many of you, but I am familiar and really wasn’t sure it would ever be solved. I just got home to the headlines and was very happy. Then turned on the TV and saw a photo of that beast of a man and lost my happy thinking of those poor girls and what they went through….how easily someone sooo much bigger would have overpowered them. Very sad. I’m glad their families will have Justice.

Gnarly. Absolutely amazing.

This just went at ludicrous speed from a baffling but not super unusual SK case to one of the weirdest ones I’ve ever heard of, and even more so if it ends up that he is ONLY responsible for GB4.
And he is only charged with murdering 3 of them. I wonder why?

It looks like the most evidence-non DNA and phone, at least- is about Maureen. His neighbor. And he was a victim of her "ooops, hubby's" home scheme. His car was seen, and a witness (Her roommate/friend/business partner/use or detox buddy) He was described as an ogre, which is what he'd look like if you suspected he hurt your friend. (He'd look more human if you asked him for sketches of potential building expansions and did not know he was watched in connection to these sadistic murders.)

I wonder if he has actual child sex abuse material? His search history seems to show a proclivity to hurting children for sexual satisfaction.

The omitted victim is from CT. I vaguely remember that her phone might have pinged in Massapequa.

MOO

I wonder how he first got on the police radar. When did they start suspecting him and why couldn't it happen sooner?

I think NY had a problem (wouldn't legally allow) with DNA testing for crime. (That's from my memory related to these cases... I'll try to find a link to support and edit this post if successful).

ETA: Familial DNA testing = I have no idea where it stands now.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a press conference link

Was shocked when I saw the message pop up on my phone today, almost didn't believe it. Reading the court documents suggests that LE have a lot on this guy already and hopefully the victims and families can finally get the justice they deserve.

My biggest fear is that there are other victims out there we don't know about.

"Tearful suspect appears in court, tells lawyer: 'I didn't do this'

Heuermann broke down in tears in front of his lawyers and insisted on his innocence, the defense team said... Defense lawyer Michael Brown said he just met his client, who was in tears."

I agree. I also am wondering if RH could also responsible for the unidentified Asian victim based on one of the searches included in the bail application (it is #12 on the list on page 18).
That victim really pings for me, too. They are one of the closest buried to the Gilgo Four. If they are another victim of this perpetrator, their death most likely predates that of Maureen. They were found only 0.28 of a mile from Megan, 0.35 from Maureen. If they're part of the sequence, they were buried first, Maureen next, then Melissa to the outside of Maureen, then Megan was buried between Maureen and the Asian Doe, very close to Maureen.

No idea if this Doe was wrapped in burlap, but that may have been something he came up with after.

MOO

I noticed that he operates in the summer - as far as we know so far. Between June and early September.

Just interesting. Though it could just all be dependent on when his wife took trips and that was when she always or usually did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab