Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheek swab samples collected from the estranged wife of alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex A. Heuermann match her DNA material found on the remains of some of the homicide victims, a law-enforcement official told Newsday.

The DNA sample from Asa Ellerup was taken on July 13, the night her husband and Massapequa Park resident was arrested on charges he killed three of the women whose remains were found near Gilgo Beach in 2010. Heuermann, 60, has pleaded not guilty to three counts each of first- and second-degree murder in the deaths of Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman and Amber Lynn Costello. Authorities said he is the prime suspect in the killing of a fourth victim, Maureen Brainard-Barnes, as a special grand jury is reviewing evidence in that case.

The samples were taken to confirm earlier DNA tests Suffolk prosecutors said pointed to Ellerup as a source of hairs found with the remains. Ellerup has not been accused of wrongdoing in the case.

Cheek swab samples collected from the estranged wife of alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex A. Heuermann match her DNA material found on the remains of some of the homicide victims, a law-enforcement official told Newsday.

The DNA sample from Asa Ellerup was taken on July 13, the night her husband and Massapequa Park resident was arrested on charges he killed three of the women whose remains were found near Gilgo Beach in 2010. Heuermann, 60, has pleaded not guilty to three counts each of first- and second-degree murder in the deaths of Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman and Amber Lynn Costello. Authorities said he is the prime suspect in the killing of a fourth victim, Maureen Brainard-Barnes, as a special grand jury is reviewing evidence in that case.

The samples were taken to confirm earlier DNA tests Suffolk prosecutors said pointed to Ellerup as a source of hairs found with the remains. Ellerup has not been accused of wrongdoing in the case…

A new method of analyzing hair from DNA creates better conditions for prosecutors as genetic scientists have been able to recover fragments of nuclear DNA from human hair to help identify suspects as well as give names to unidentified crime victims, experts say. In one scientific study, rootless hairs were able to provide 40% usable nuclear DNA profiles.

“It is a hot topic in our community,” said Colleen Fitzpatrick, a veteran genetic genealogist with Identifinders International of California, about the hair analysis method.

Here we go! I’ve said publicly there’s no way she and/or his brother did not recognize that belt! When the piece of evidence did not yield witnesses I felt like family members were circling the wagons. It’s all business: the divorce in 6 days, excepting funds, giving her the house from jail, showing up in court, making TV deals

<modsnip - contains a reply by a private/non-MSM person>

Last edited by a moderator:

Does anyone know if Asa was said by LE to also have been out of town during the timeline of Feb 14, 1996?

Asa's lawyer said she was pregnant then when asked about Ray's presser claiming that Asa was home when swingers were at her house and didn't want sex with the female swinger.

John Ray's witness the female swinger claims she and NYC narc boyfriend brought who she believes to have been Karen Vergata to Heuermann's house.

Does anyone know if Karen had been arrested and released on the same 2/14/96 timeline?
Swinger claims the female they brought to Rexs just got out of jail and was hungry and disheveled.

'Karen Vergata is believed to have disappeared around Feb. 14, 1996, Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said Friday morning.​

I havent seen any proof of that. I wonder if a freedom of information act can be done to obtain arrest records
I've been focused on an arrest because it's been pointed out here that many of the swinger's claims of having been in Heuremann's house was info that had already been in the news, Christmas tree, shell on shelf etc but I have yet to see swinger's claim that the female they picked up (who she believes was Karen ) to bring to Rex's just got out of jail debunked because Karen wasn't in jail then, if she ever was.
I think for Harrison to have been at Ray's presser and take questions he had to have found some damn good evidence from Ray's witness(es) to do that even considering he knew he was leaving office.
Still waiting on the boyfriend who Ray said was confirmed he was a NYC narc.
Ray's holding another presser I think on Dec. 8.

A DNA sample taken from the estranged wife of the alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer matches her genetic material that was found on the remains of victims, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Investigators obtained a cheek swab from Asa Ellerup the night her husband, Rex Heuermann, was arrested for the murders of three women whose remains were found wrapped in burlap in a marshy area near Gilgo Beach on Long Island.

Prosecutors have said Ellerup’s hairs were found on the burlap and now the sources said the DNA extracted from the hairs matches the cheek swab samples.

Prosecutors have cleared Ellerup of any wrongdoing and have said she was out of town at the time of the murders.

Gilgo Beach suspect's wife's cheek swab matches her DNA on victims

November 30, 2023, 2:44 AM

We're not looking at anything, handwriting analysis is junk science.

No one is analyzing the handwriting. It was posted in response to someone saying they thought ARCHITECTS write in a certain way (which they do - on their official drawings and blueprints, IMO - probably mostly digitally done these days). An

But all architects learn to do block lettering in a grid, in school, IMO.

However, they still retain their own regular handwriting - which was the point of the picture.

No one is trying to analyze Frank Lloyd Wright's handwriting - except to show that he, as a well known architect, had his own personal handwriting (and of course, on his blueprints - he used block letters in a grid).

Some things can be known relatively well from handwriting (such as handedness). Forensic handwriting analysis is used all the time in forgery cases and there are entire books on the topic. And the techniques used for such forensic work are indeed a science, which attempts to monitor its own accuracy - like any science:

(Proceedings of the National Academy of Science; Physical Science Division).

IMO

No one is analyzing the handwriting. It was posted in response to someone saying they thought ARCHITECTS write in a certain way (which they do - on their official drawings and blueprints, IMO - probably mostly digitally done these days). An

But all architects learn to do block lettering in a grid, in school, IMO.

However, they still retain their own regular handwriting - which was the point of the picture.

No one is trying to analyze Frank Lloyd Wright's handwriting - except to show that he, as a well known architect, had his own personal handwriting (and of course, on his blueprints - he used block letters in a grid).

Some things can be known relatively well from handwriting (such as handedness). Forensic handwriting analysis is used all the time in forgery cases and there are entire books on the topic. And the techniques used for such forensic work are indeed a science, which attempts to monitor its own accuracy - like any science:

(Proceedings of the National Academy of Science; Physical Science Division).

IMO

The entire conversation of handwriting began with someone wanting to see an analysis of RH's handwriting!
Forensics of handwriting is an entirely different subject, and does not include the junk science of psychoanalyzing someone via their handwriting.

A DNA sample taken from the estranged wife of the alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer matches her genetic material that was found on the remains of victims, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Investigators obtained a cheek swab from Asa Ellerup the night her husband, Rex Heuermann, was arrested for the murders of three women whose remains were found wrapped in burlap in a marshy area near Gilgo Beach on Long Island.

Prosecutors have said Ellerup’s hairs were found on the burlap and now the sources said the DNA extracted from the hairs matches the cheek swab samples.

Prosecutors have cleared Ellerup of any wrongdoing and have said she was out of town at the time of the murders.

Curious is Asa already had an attorney by nightfall who signed off on her giving a swab or they had a warrant ready for it if she refused?

If no legal council I can see Rex's defense fighting to not let the results enter at trial due to her (understandable) mental distress, most likely off the charts.

The entire conversation of handwriting began with someone wanting to see an analysis of RH's handwriting!
Forensics of handwriting is an entirely different subject, and does not include the junk science of psychoanalyzing someone via their handwriting.

Ah, well, the only comment I've made or reference I've seen is the Frank Lloyd Wright sample and today's discussion about whether architects have two kinds of handwriting - which is why the post was made (not to contribute to an earlier discussion of "psychoanalyzing" someone via their handwriting.

That is what was asked - why were we discussing a picture with handwriting. At least, that's how I understood the discussion. I have no clue what the "entire" conversation might be - I assume that could be threads long. I just have a small slice of the entire conversation and have no real interest in trying to analyze RH's handwriting.

IMO

that's some pretty hard evidence for ole Rex to refute.

that's some pretty hard evidence for ole Rex to refute.
Brown contradicts himself big time if all his quotes are accurate.

'Ellerup’s lawyer, Robert Macedonio, told The Post Thursday that her DNA being found on the scene is “nothing new” and that it was more than likely from a “hair transfer inside the house.”

Rex Heuermann's estranged wife's cheek swab matches ...

1701382170223.png
New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/11/30 › metro › rex-heuer...

3 hours ago — The 60-year-old's lawyer, Michael J. Brown, said the solitary hair sample found on Waterman could have come from any one of thousands of people ...

Last edited:
Cheek swab samples collected from the estranged wife of alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex A. Heuermann match her DNA material found on the remains of some of the homicide victims
[snip]

Her DNA has been confirmed as matching hairs found on the burlap that victims were wrapped in,
a law enforcement source told ABC.
Suspect Rex Heuermann’s estranged wife’s cheek swab matches DNA found on victims: report

Multiple victims placed in that residence, by Rex's wife's DNA with bodies. Rex's hair being found on a body. I think this is good evidence, despite what defense counsel would like us to believe.

Brown contradicts himself big time if all his quotes are accurate.

'Ellerup’s lawyer, Robert Macedonio, told The Post Thursday that her DNA being found on the scene is “nothing new” and that it was more than likely from a “hair transfer inside the house.”

Rex Heuermann's estranged wife's cheek swab matches ...

View attachment 464927
New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/11/30 › metro › rex-heuer...

3 hours ago — The 60-year-old's lawyer, Michael J. Brown, said the solitary hair sample found on Waterman could have come from any one of thousands of people ...
Oops!
I attributed both quotes to Michael Brown.
Brown challanges the results and looks like Macedonio threw Rex under the big bus.

I just have a small slice of the entire conversation and have no real interest in trying to analyze RH's handwriting.

Yes, the posts that suggested it were removed. I didn't quote your post or direct the junk science statement at you.

was this mtdna match or a Nuclear DNAmatch? Mtdna isnt unique, while Nuclear DNA is.

Multiple victims placed in that residence, by Rex's wife's DNA with bodies. Rex's hair being found on a body. I think this is good evidence, despite what defense counsel would like us to believe.

The 4 hairs, found stuck to tape and/or on the burlap, is excellent evidence that the tape and/or burlap had 4 hairs stuck to it, and the DNA of those hairs matches the wife. RH could have taken the tape and burlap from his house and had it in his truck. It would be normal for anyone living in the house to have their hair found on objects removed from the house. Anyone riding in the truck could easily pick up someone else's hair that also rode in the truck.
Since there are so many ways that the wife's 4 hairs could have ended up on the victims, has anyone stated that the victims had to have been in the house?

From the article:
"Suffolk County police said four female hairs later tied to Heuermann’s wife were found on the bodies of three victims discovered at Gilgo Beach in December 2010."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member