Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And on this theme - who better that would know the ‘working girls’ in the area than local authorities and beat cops there?

One sure has to hope that authorities finally get to the bottom and root situation and perpetrators on all of these tragic cases. MOO

"Asa has now filed for divorce. Her attorney Robert Macedonio and legal team member Ginenne Pugliese say she always look at her husband as “her hero” until the day he was arrested.

Pugliese explained, “He saved her out of a difficult situation in her first marriage. He was the best thing for her at the time and that was what their marriage was based on.”

But what if, the swinger’s detective BF is the one who killed Vergata with his belt (the one he left behind) and Swinger is getting ahead of RH possible talking. She is finally speaking out to alibi her “handsome” “I loved him” detective.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
The link I posted with the quotes on Asa's first marriage and Rex was dated Sept.8,2023.

I think all the info in the swinger's affidavit (except for Karen being or not released from jail on /around 2-14-1996) was already public info.
???

Last edited by a moderator:
But what if, the swinger’s detective BF is the one who killed Vergata with his belt (the one he left behind) and Swinger is getting ahead of RH possible talking. She is finally speaking out to alibi her “handsome” “I loved him” detective.
I like your creative thinking.
Anything is possible and this is a real good one,his belt whether he/Rex or anyone else killed her or not with it.

Imo The swinger may have cracked the Karen Regata murder or is a blatant liar needing attention.

Last edited:
I went back to read the swinger's affidavit and her bf's belt.
She didn't say whether bf retrieved the belt of not.
She says nothing about the woman she believed to be Karen just got out of jail.

Then this:
"she told me to words of the effect that Rex brought her from her country".
Asa was born in the US, Long Island to be exact.

As I understand it, Karen was alive, afraid, running naked when the swinging narc and the witness left with the belt. Or left after looking for it.

MOO

Edited to add, I just reread your post.

No, that is highly unlikely. I believe she felt bad being caught up in something and realizing how bad it was when she saw Rex and Vergata news clips.

I don't believe at all she was alibiing a loved one. She placed him at the scene, and implicated him in leaving mid-murder. She opened the door to wonder if he set Karen up, or participated in torturing her. She did him no favors.

MOO

Last edited:

Then this:

<modsnip: off topic>

Obviously, it is not true that Rex brought Asa from Iceland. It doesn't mean she Asa didn't say so.

It appears to be a consistent theme emerging that Asa told acquaintances that she owes Rex everything.

Maybe she was trying to answer the explicit or implicit question, "Why are you with that Ogre?" Maybe, if she was talking to someone she wasn't likely to see again, she just made up a narrative as to what he did to make her indebted to him.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Spousal privilege is simply irrelevant in this case. There is no point in mentioning it except to discourage people from turning to Asa as a witness.

I think the person who first asked about this wasn't trying to affect whether or not someone would be a witness. I doubt my response/posting the information/links to NY law alerted any attorneys, especially not the prosecutors, to the existence of the laws. There is no motive involved in discussing this, it would be useless to think I could influence anything.
I certainly don't wish to discuss this further.

Then this:

Just because AE may have said it doesn't mean she was being truthful though. Maybe she's into telling tall tales for all we know.

I have my theory about the comment the gf heard her say, but it got deleted because we're not allowed to talk about it.

MOO.

Last edited:
I think had that been the case, she would have came up with a much better alibi than placing the bf at the scene of a possible crime. Do you think the belt they found on one of the victims was this narc's belt that he possibly left behind?

Plausible, especially if the image had contact info.

creep her out under one name, then call her up and bring her an envelope of cut paper "no matter what happens," the next.

It is emerging that Rex follows up when he feels someone has done him wrong. I could see him getting angry that a SW wouldn't put up with his being an A-hole, and then recontacting pretending to be nice as a new person to get back at her.

However, it also emerged that he had a fairly long term sex buyer-SW relationship where he was friendly and apparently not abusive over a period of time. And, while his employee whom he stalked on vacay was retrospectively creeped out, it sounds like she had a good enough employee-boss relationship with him that lasted.

Still, overall, Rex does not seem to be a consistent "nice guy" persona when not killing. He seems pretty out as an entitled, vengeful and vile man when not murdering. Just like his brother, who AFAIK has "only" killed recklessly.

MOO
I agree with everything you've mentioned here. Especially the part about Rex having to get even when he feels someone did him wrong. I think he'd act out if someone rejected him somehow, and then could see him pretending to be a new client to trick them into meeting him another time, only to murder them. MOO.

Anyone else kinda stunned that Asa's lawyer Macedonio said this?

Curious if he already had shared his opinion with Asa of just how her hairs got on the remains of 2 victims that her husband is now charged with killing?

Talk about throwing Rex under the bus.

"Her DNA has been confirmed as matching hairs found on the burlap that victims were wrapped in, a law enforcement source told ABC.

Ellerup’s lawyer, Robert Macedonio, told The Post Thursday that her DNA being found on the scene is “nothing new” and that it was more than likely from a “hair transfer inside the house.”

Curious if he already had shared his opinion with Asa of just how her hairs got on the remains of 2 victims that her husband is now charged with killing?

"Her DNA has been confirmed as matching hairs found on the burlap that victims were wrapped in, a law enforcement source told ABC.

Ellerup’s lawyer, Robert Macedonio, told The Post Thursday that her DNA being found on the scene is “nothing new” and that it was more than likely from a “hair transfer inside the house.”

Hasn't this been put forth since July 15, 2023?

"Suffolk County police said four female hairs later tied to Heuermann’s wife were found on the bodies of three victims discovered at Gilgo Beach in December 2010."
"Heuermann’s wife was out of state when he allegedly committed the murders, according to Suffolk District Attorney Raymond Tierney. But the DNA of Heuermann’s wife could have been on the suspect’s clothing or in household items he allegedly used, like tape."

Hasn't this been put forth since July 15, 2023?

"Suffolk County police said four female hairs later tied to Heuermann’s wife were found on the bodies of three victims discovered at Gilgo Beach in December 2010."
"Heuermann’s wife was out of state when he allegedly committed the murders, according to Suffolk District Attorney Raymond Tierney. But the DNA of Heuermann’s wife could have been on the suspect’s clothing or in household items he allegedly used, like tape."

Hearing Suffolk police say it and hearing Asa's lawyer say it is apples & oranges.
By Macedonio saying it he's 99.9% agreeing with the police that yes, his client Asa Ellerup's husband is the killer of 2 of the victims.

Hearing Suffolk police say it and hearing Asa's lawyer say it is apples & oranges.
By Macedonio saying it he's 99.9% agreeing with the police that yes, his client Asa Ellerup's husband is the killer of 2 of the victims.
When I read the latest article, I had to wonder if the writer understands the complexity of the mtDNA found via AE's hairs on the bodies vs the autosomal DNA of the cheek swab. Maybe take the story with a grain of salt unless we know exactly how things were worded. Yes, the hair DNA is old news. However, if recent advancements have been able to identify more DNA from the hair -- then that is massive news.

And he is 100% correct in saying this is nothing new. AE's hair could have been transferred from the house, a shared vehicle, a jacket, anywhere really. My husband found one of my hairs in the men's room at his place of business. Obviously, I have never been in there.

Last edited:
Anyone else in that sad empty place where they remember the excitement after Karen's ID, and were expecting RH to be charged for Maureen and Peaches and her baby and/or Asian Doe to be identified within weeks based on LE comments, and we're coming up to the end of the year, and it's just... nothing. Crickets.

Yeah, I got there today.

I guess when they've been waiting a few decades, 'very soon' is relative to that, but I remembered that hope and excitement from months ago, and felt very sad and depressed. They've waited long enough. Their families have waited long enough.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members