Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand it, Karen was alive, afraid, running naked when the swinging narc and the witness left with the belt. Or left after looking for it.

MOO

Edited to add, I just reread your post.

No, that is highly unlikely. I believe she felt bad being caught up in something and realizing how bad it was when she saw Rex and Vergata news clips.

I don't believe at all she was alibiing a loved one. She placed him at the scene, and implicated him in leaving mid-murder. She opened the door to wonder if he set Karen up, or participated in torturing her. She did him no favors.

MOO
I’ve wondered if she didn’t rehash that night in her mind, 100s of times over the years, not only because it was traumatic or unsettling but perhaps it was a factor significant to an end or beginning of the end of her relationship with the NYC officer. That would explain remembering so many details of that night. Or, for all we know, she kept a journal and the details were documented at the time.

And he is 100% correct in saying this is nothing new. AE's hair could have been transferred from the house, a shared vehicle, a jacket, anywhere really. My husband found one of my hairs in the men's room at his place of business. Obviously, I have never been in there.
To quote "Forest-Wood"

"He pretty much admitted RH's guilt with a statement like that imo."

I’ve wondered if she didn’t rehash that night in her mind, 100s of times over the years, not only because it was traumatic or unsettling but perhaps it was a factor significant to an end or beginning of the end of her relationship with the NYC officer. That would explain remembering so many details of that night. Or, for all we know, she kept a journal and the details were documented at the time.
Swinger statement gives more facts implicating the Detective than RH or AE (most of the facts in statement about house and occupants was public by time she talked).

Swinger statement gives more facts implicating the Detective than RH or AE (most of the facts in statement about house and occupants was public by time she talked).
I’m of the opinion that the actions of that night have tormented her for years. Perhaps, she is willing now, to implicate everyone involved.

Does anyone know anything about the portrait ?
Original, copy off the internet, print?
Anything?

Prosecutors listed it on his July 14, 2023 Bail Application but the search/seize of Heuermann's house had not taken place yet.

'Bail-Application Form'
'Page # 18'
'Search engine'

19. "Girl with face beat up"

"Officials uncovered more than 200 firearms, a large doll in a glass case, a large portrait of a woman with a bruised face and a filing cabinet from Heuermann’s home.

Anyone else in that sad empty place where they remember the excitement after Karen's ID, and were expecting RH to be charged for Maureen and Peaches and her baby and/or Asian Doe to be identified within weeks based on LE comments, and we're coming up to the end of the year, and it's just... nothing. Crickets.

Yeah, I got there today.

I guess when they've been waiting a few decades, 'very soon' is relative to that, but I remembered that hope and excitement from months ago, and felt very sad and depressed. They've waited long enough. Their families have waited long enough.

MOO
Yes this is the case for me too. And then with Mr. Harrison announcing his departure……… (sad face on here)

Does anyone know anything about the portrait ?
Original, copy off the internet, print?
Anything?

Prosecutors listed it on his July 14, 2023 Bail Application but the search/seize of Heuermann's house had not taken place yet.

'Bail-Application Form'
'Page # 18'
'Search engine'

19. "Girl with face beat up"

"Officials uncovered more than 200 firearms, a large doll in a glass case, a large portrait of a woman with a bruised face and a filing cabinet from Heuermann’s home.

"Cops removed a disturbing portrait of a blond woman’s face with dark pupils and bruising below the eyes from the suspects’ house." There is a pic of it in the post article.
We discussed this back in July so there is prob good info back in the threads then. My opinion is it was perhaps done by the daughter - she was into art and IIRC got a degree in art/illustration. She had a website with her art work that was taken down shortly after this came out. I saw the website before it was de activated and it had similar types of art work - probably a "goth" phase - which would not be odd for someone her age. I don't remember that there was further reference to it in msm but there could have been, JMO and interpretation

"Cops removed a disturbing portrait of a blond woman’s face with dark pupils and bruising below the eyes from the suspects’ house." There is a pic of it in the post article.
We discussed this back in July so there is prob good info back in the threads then. My opinion is it was perhaps done by the daughter - she was into art and IIRC got a degree in art/illustration. She had a website with her art work that was taken down shortly after this came out. I saw the website before it was de activated and it had similar types of art work - probably a "goth" phase - which would not be odd for someone her age. I don't remember that there was further reference to it in msm but there could have been, JMO and interpretation
Thank you, I'll look for it on the thread.

If Heuermann does go to trial and the prosecutor gets the portrait in as evidence then the origin of it would be disclosed, I think.

Rejection sticks in your mind. Much more then no-hum swinger sex. She " believes" she had sex with Rex- obviously it was not too memorable. But she recalls clearly she was rejected by Asa. It's believable because rejection huts. And it felt like racism, which compounds the sting.

I think she also was conflicted about leaving Karen which was in conflict with her impression of her bf. She recalled reassuring Karen when she was afraid by saying, don't worry you're safe with this cop, the swinger's bf. It probably bothered her to see Karen in distress, but she was in love with her partner and accepted his analysis that everything was okay; she had already told Karen to trust her bf, and she probably squashed any doubts that came to her mind when she saw an apparent crime in process because of the cognitive dissonance that would occur if her bf was not keeping things safe. This is just my theory. I understand that kind of thing happenin.

I also could see how, after the passage of years, and after that narc bf lost his luster, that she could feel shame that she thought so highly of him at the time that she repressed the impulse to treat Karen's distress as the emergency it was. It is even possible that she was in a position to stop a murder, if Karen was killed that night. But this witness still came forward, facing her shame, when she could have just faded away. Her missing the signs at the time is tragic but understandable. It was super-brave of her to come forward when she could have just moved on.

This witness did a very brave and moral thing IMO.

MOO

Last edited:
And he is 100% correct in saying this is nothing new. AE's hair could have been transferred from the house, a shared vehicle, a jacket, anywhere really. My husband found one of my hairs in the men's room at his place of business. Obviously, I have never been in there.
The point is, Asa's own attorney is suggesting that Rex brought Asa's hair from their house to a crime scene. Yes, the prosecutors have stated the same way back in July. Yes, the prosecutors have the burden of proof.

Rex has pleaded not guilty. He is presumed innocent.

But Asa's attorney is now saying that he agrees with the prosecution's theory that Rex brought the hair to the crime scene from his house.

Asa's attorney putting that theory forward is indeed a very new and different thing than what happened in July.

Asa's attorney may think this is nothing new. But among his many flaws, he doesn't seem to grasp the implications of his own words.This is something new.

The attorney of a close witness, who lives in the suspect's house, too, is claiming Rex brought her hair to a crime scene.

In contrast, Rex's attorney claims the hair is not proven to be Asa's.

New, right?

MOO

Last edited:
The point is, Asa's own attorney is suggesting that Rex brought Asa's hair from their house to a crime scene. Yes, the prosecutors have stated the same way back in July. Yes, the prosecutors have the burden of proof.

Rex has pleaded not guilty. He is presumed innocent.

But Asa's attorney is now saying that he agrees with the prosecution's theory that Rex brought the hair to the crime scene from his house.

Asa's attorney putting that theory forward is indeed a very new and different thing than what happened in July.

Asa's attorney may think this is nothing new. But among his many flaws, he doesn't seem to grasp the implications of his own words.This is something new.

The attorney of a close witness, who lives in the suspect's house, too, is claiming Rex brought her hair to a crime scene.

In contrast, Rex's attorney claims the hair is not proven to be Asa's.

New, right?

MOO
You outdid yourself with this reply.
Great articulate read.
Thanks.

I just came across this presser that John Ray held soon after Heuermann's arrest.
It's so sad,upsetting,frightening yet quite informative and well needed for the public to hear.
It's a long video and I just took a break after 25 mins,
Q & A

I'm in his camp.
Recommended and I don't know if it has been already posted.

Attorney John Ray discussing the Long Island Serial Killer July 17, 2023​

I just came across this presser that John Ray held soon after Heuermann's arrest.
It's so sad,upsetting,frightening yet quite informative and well needed for the public to hear.
It's a long video and I just took a break after 25 mins,
Q & A

I'm in his camp.
Recommended and I don't know if it has been already posted.

Attorney John Ray discussing the Long Island Serial Killer July 17, 2023​

Thanks for posting that J Ray presentation.

There is another John Ray presentation/lecture which is mostly the same as this one but he adds some new info. What was very remarkable was that toward the end of his presentation, he opens the floor to questions. Someone asked about information she heard that J Burke had been seen years ago at the Oak Beach Inn with Jeffrey Epstein and was curious to know if John Ray knew about that. He said there are lots of rumors but that he didn’t know the answer to that. Then John Ray began to speak at length about Brewer’s next door neighbor, Monsignor Alan Placa. He reveals that Shannan knocked on his door that night and lots of very interesting details about Placa. <modsnip: If John Ray did not address it, then there is no approved source and it is rumor.> It is certain that John Ray told the crowd that he has more information about many issues around the residents if Oak Beach but is not willing at this time to reveal the new information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for posting that J Ray presentation.

There is another John Ray presentation/lecture which is mostly the same as this one but he adds some new info. What was very remarkable was that toward the end of his presentation, he opens the floor to questions. Someone asked about information she heard that J Burke had been seen years ago at the Oak Beach Inn with Jeffrey Epstein and was curious to know if John Ray knew about that. He said there are lots of rumors but that he didn’t know the answer to that. Then John Ray began to speak at length about Brewer’s next door neighbor, Monsignor Alan Placa. He reveals that Shannan knocked on his door that night and lots of very interesting details about Placa. <modsnip: If John Ray did not address it, then there is no approved source and it is rumor.> It is certain that John Ray told the crowd that he has more information about many issues around the residents if Oak Beach but is not willing at this time to reveal the new information.
Thank You for posting the John Ray video.
Will get to it later.
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

REMINDER EVERYONE!

John Ray tomorrow 12-8-23
2 PM

I don't know if it will be live-streamed?

Attorney To Discuss 'Newly Uncovered Evidence' In Gilgo ...

1701960028701.png
Patch
https://patch.com › new-york › rockvillecentre › gilg...

Nov 14, 2023 — Attorney To Discuss 'Newly Uncovered Evidence' In Gilgo Case At Event. John Ray will host the event in early December and a has been ...

Thank You for posting the John Ray video.
Will get to it later.
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

REMINDER EVERYONE!

John Ray tomorrow 12-8-23
2 PM

I don't know if it will be live-streamed?

Attorney To Discuss 'Newly Uncovered Evidence' In Gilgo ...

View attachment 466376
Patch
https://patch.com › new-york › rockvillecentre › gilg...

Nov 14, 2023 — Attorney To Discuss 'Newly Uncovered Evidence' In Gilgo Case At Event. John Ray will host the event in early December and a has been ...
Yep, and I forgot to include Rudy’s drive by the ramshackle home of the suspect, RH. This whole case: a tangled web of deceit and interesting connections.

ADMIN REMINDER:

Links to and discussion of fundraisers is not allowed at Websleuths.

We have thousands of cases, and if we do it for one, we would be expected to do it for all, and that is just not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper