Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
REMINDER EVERYONE!

John Ray tomorrow 12-8-23
2 PM

I don't know if it will be live-streamed?
<modsnip> .. John Ray will not be speaking tomorrow at Molloy. It has been rescheduled and relocated:

LISK SYMPOSIUM: JANUARY 30, 2023 3:30 PM - 7:30 PM
John Ray, the attorney for victims in the Long Island Serial Killer case will be holding a symposium to discuss newly uncovered evidence, and all evidence in the entire GILGO/Oak Beach case. The symposium will be held January 30, 2024 at the Marillac auditorium at St. John's University. Admission is free. Doors open at 3:30 PM and the symposium will last until 7:30 PM.

<ADMIN NOTE: A link to the fundraiser page is not allowed, so the above info is being allowed without a link just as an FYI re the change in date/venue>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rejection sticks in your mind. Much more then no-hum swinger sex. She " believes" she had sex with Rex- obviously it was not too memorable. But she recalls clearly she was rejected by Asa. It's believable because rejection huts. And it felt like racism, which compounds the sting.

I think she also was conflicted about leaving Karen which was in conflict with her impression of her bf. She recalled reassuring Karen when she was afraid by saying, don't worry you're safe with this cop, the swinger's bf. It probably bothered her to see Karen in distress, but she was in love with her partner and accepted his analysis that everything was okay; she had already told Karen to trust her bf, and she probably squashed any doubts that came to her mind when she saw an apparent crime in process because of the cognitive dissonance that would occur if her bf was not keeping things safe. This is just my theory. I understand that kind of thing happenin.

I also could see how, after the passage of years, and after that narc bf lost his luster, that she could feel shame that she thought so highly of him at the time that she repressed the impulse to treat Karen's distress as the emergency it was. It is even possible that she was in a position to stop a murder, if Karen was killed that night. But this witness still came forward, facing her shame, when she could have just faded away. Her missing the signs at the time is tragic but understandable. It was super-brave of her to come forward when she could have just moved on.

This witness did a very brave and moral thing IMO.

MOO

Sorry, I am waaayyyy behind on this case.

Who is Asa?

Sorry, I am waaayyyy behind on this case.

Who is Asa?

''Gilgo Beach murders suspect Rex Heuermann's estranged wife Asa Ellerup appears in court for first time''​

1701979587183.png

<modsnip> .. John Ray will not be speaking tomorrow at Molloy. It has been rescheduled and relocated:

LISK SYMPOSIUM: JANUARY 30, 2023 3:30 PM - 7:30 PM
John Ray, the attorney for victims in the Long Island Serial Killer case will be holding a symposium to discuss newly uncovered evidence, and all evidence in the entire GILGO/Oak Beach case. The symposium will be held January 30, 2024 at the Marillac auditorium at St. John's University. Admission is free. Doors open at 3:30 PM and the symposium will last until 7:30 PM.

<ADMIN NOTE: A link to the fundraiser page is not allowed, so the above info is being allowed without a link just as an FYI re the change in date/venue>
Thank you and lots more time for Ray to do whatever caused him to change the date and venue.
Hopefully he hasn't hit any concerning obstacles.
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, and I forgot to include Rudy’s drive by the ramshackle home of the suspect, RH. This whole case: a tangled web of deceit and interesting connections.
It's difficult to have ever imagined the cast of characters.

ADMIN NOTE:

We have a bit of a conundrum here because John Ray is an approved source and allowed but fundraising links are not normally allowed. It seems however that he is using the fundraising site to promote his upcoming video.

If his video is not announced in MSM before the January date it is rescheduled for, we will allow a link to the fundraiser at that time, and strictly for access to Ray's video if there is no MSM that contains the link.

ADMIN NOTE:

We have a bit of a conundrum here because John Ray is an approved source and allowed but fundraising links are not normally allowed. It seems however that he is using the fundraising site to promote his upcoming video.

If his video is not announced in MSM before the January date it is rescheduled for, we will allow a link to the fundraiser at that time, and strictly for access to Ray's video if there is no MSM that contains the link.
Thanks for that exception.
When I posted the reminder for the Dec.8th symposium schedule I wasn't thinking about the fundraiser in the link.

What will be the reason for this symposium? Is it like a news conference, without the media/cameras? I don't really understand the purpose.
Knowing Ray if there isn't live-streaming it should be up on Youtube and probably sent to some media outlets.
He did quite a few interviews after and since his presser with Rodney Harrison.

Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said his office is investigating allegations made by Legis. Robert Trotta that outgoing Police Commissioner Rodney K. Harrison falsified timesheets to receive a larger payout for used time when he leaves the department later this month.

Trotta (R-Fort Salonga), a frequent and vocal critic of the Suffolk County Police Department and the Suffolk Police Benevolent Association, alleged in a news release Thursday that Harrison changed leave days to sick days on previously filed timesheets to get a larger payout. In the news release, Trotta urged Tierney to open an investigation.

“We take allegations of this type seriously,” Tierney said in a statement to Newsday hours after Trotta made his letter public. “We will confer with the chief of department.”

Harrison said he changed some vacation days to sick days for additional time off, which he said is a common practice in the Suffolk County Police Department. He changed them back after consulting with the county attorney, he said.

"I put them back, and there is nothing wrong here," Harrison said Thursday.

“This does not sound like the man I know,” Suffolk Police Benevolent Association president Lou Civello said of Harrison. “I hope this is not Trotta just slinging mud at him.”

Trotta was removed from the legislature's public safety committee in March after he threatened to play an audio recording of a private conversation with Harrison.

Tierney, meanwhile, clashed with Harrison in October, when the district attorney issued a scathing statement criticizing the commissioner after he appeared at a news conference with attorney John Ray to discuss witnesses who provided Ray with statements linking suspected Gilgo Beach killer Rex A. Heuermann to slain victim Karen Vergata and Shannan Gilbert, the woman whose disappearance in 2010 led to the discovery of 10 sets of remains along Ocean Parkway near Gilgo Beach.

Last edited:
Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said his office is investigating allegations made by Legis. Robert Trotta that outgoing Police Commissioner Rodney K. Harrison falsified timesheets to receive a larger payout for used time when he leaves the department later this month.

Trotta (R-Fort Salonga), a frequent and vocal critic of the Suffolk County Police Department and the Suffolk Police Benevolent Association, alleged in a news release Thursday that Harrison changed leave days to sick days on previously filed timesheets to get a larger payout. In the news release, Trotta urged Tierney to open an investigation.

“We take allegations of this type seriously,” Tierney said in a statement to Newsday hours after Trotta made his letter public. “We will confer with the chief of department.”

Harrison said he changed some vacation days to sick days for additional time off, which he said is a common practice in the Suffolk County Police Department. He changed them back after consulting with the county attorney, he said.

“This does not sound like the man I know,” Suffolk Police Benevolent Association president Lou Civello said of Harrison. “I hope this is not Trotta just slinging mud at him.”

Trotta was removed from the legislature's public safety committee in March after he threatened to play an audio recording of a private conversation with Harrison.

Tierney, meanwhile, clashed with Harrison in October, when the district attorney issued a scathing statement criticizing the commissioner after he appeared at a news conference with attorney John Ray to discuss witnesses who provided Ray with statements linking suspected Gilgo Beach killer Rex A. Heuermann to slain victim Karen Vergata and Shannan Gilbert, the woman whose disappearance in 2010 led to the discovery of 10 sets of remains along Ocean Parkway near Gilgo Beach.

Good heavens, it is serious if he did so.

It's a little understandable on Rodney's part, but far more serious a public problem if it was common.

It is also serious when crime stoppers ignoring tips, and the DA goes on to gaslight credible tipsters by saying you should have come to us.

And look at what gets discussed in public. Not the problem of systemic time abuse as alleged. Certainly not the problem with the lead investigating agency (which attempted to be the ONLY investigating agency and probably would never have had made an arrest if they so remained) ignoring clues, witnesses and tips. Not even the fact that this ethical commissioner repaired relationships with essential LE partners such as the FBI and essential civilian partners with sources like John Ray.

Harrison corrected the leave records. That's over. There is no reason to name and shame him. Now, deal with the real problem.

That it is supposedly common is a bigger story.

That this department has been hostile to finding justice for the murdered victims' families is the biggest story. This, talking about a corrected behavior, is a distraction from that.

Justice for the victims. Their murders were especially brutal. Their survivors have been treated terribly. Thats the headline.

MOO

So now they want to use Harrison as a scapegoat imo.

That it is supposedly common is a bigger story.
Where I live, every place I've worked has had a lenient attitude toward the usage of paid time off -- vacation days, sick days, holidays. Each employee had a certain number. In some cases they accumulated. Some places, they went into an employee's account Jan. 1. Then, it was pretty much up to the employee how to use this benefit. Now, I do suppose if anyone had abused the "sick" days off it might have become an issue.

Since I never worked human resources or insurance, etc. I can't really discuss this in depth. And since I had to scramble just to work in all my vacation days and almost never used a sick day, it never came up. However, from meetings and explanations of paid time off, it appeared to be considered a benefit employees were allowed/expected to manage as they saw fit.

In a news release Thursday, Legis. Robert Trotta alleged Harrison changed his leave days to sick days on previously submitted timesheets so that he could have a larger payout and asked DA Ray Tierney to investigate, Newsday reported.

Tierney told the outlet he would "confer with the chief of department."

In a statement to Patch, Tierney's office said it "frequently receives inquiries regarding timesheets at the end of the year pertaining to various county departments."

Am I the only one shocked to hear that at the level of Police Commissioner, Harrison was even fooling with timesheets? Was he required to clock in? Does this sound completely off to you? Naturally, I know nothing of how a police force works.

Am I the only one shocked to hear that at the level of Police Commissioner, Harrison was even fooling with timesheets? Was he required to clock in? Does this sound completely off to you? Naturally, I know nothing of how a police force works.

It Wouldn be unheard of to change the kind of leave someone took retroactively. And it could change compensation. For example, if one kind of leave is use 'em or lose 'em, and another kind is get paid for them if you didn't use them, there could be an advantage to changing the kind of leave you get paid extra for saving into the kind you use or lose.

lets say you get paid for unused vacation leave but not sick leave. If you planned a vacation, but came down with the flu during it, then you are leaving your job, you might want to change those vacation days you used into sick days and get paid for your unused vacation days. It could be 100% above board, and depends on the policy/contract where you work. Or it could be such a common heist that "everybody does," to claim that this illness during vacay happened, to get extra pay. If it's common enough, it really isnt against practice even if it's against written policy.

I don't think Harrison would saythe accusation was baseless unless it were a baseless accusation, though. I don't see him lying about that. He would just say it was a corrected error. He doesn't see hyperbolic at all in style, so baseless likely means exactly that.

MOO

“I started doing genetic genealogy as what's called a ‘search angel,’ " Giordano told Newsday in an exclusive interview last week. “Search angels help adult adoptees find their biological parents by analyzing commercial DNA testing results.”

Using her newfound expertise in genealogy, Giordano has solved several cases of unidentified crime victims in the metropolitan area — including two of the Gilgo Beach victims: Valerie Mack and Karen Vergata. She also has helped identify potential criminal suspects, a job she continues to do for police agencies around New York State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation