Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray is okay and on Court TV tonight!

Ray said that the window that his witness claims that Karen Vergata was standing at with her hands on it before she ran outside was removed from RH's house by LE.
He also detailed the contents of the horrific photo book that was on the kitchen table during the last search again indicating that more investigation needs to be done on who lives there and mentions Karen and Valerie though he has no inside info.

It's being reported it that there is more then 1 indictment and Vinny shows headline that also says numerous indictments and Southampton.

video

"Obviously this is an ongoing investigation," said Tierney. "There were a number of necessary investigative steps that were taken, we've pointed out just some of them. Thursday, you will see the fruits of that investigation."

Specific details about the charge have not yet been released."

It has always been highly likely that one killer was involved. Not just because they used the same dumping ground, but because of the victim profiles, where the killer hunted for victims, the use of bindings on both groups, the timeline, etc. Just glad we (well, most people) can move on from that aspect now.
You express that so well - I think it’s possible others may be involved somehow but there is one main killer.

Interesting to hear John Ray describe that ”coffee table” book - from his description - explicit photos of maimed victims including babies…..well. That is crazy to leave out on display.
If it’s the book mentioned in Fox News story it’s “Death Scenes: a homicide detective scrapbook…”. It’s available on Amazon. Also interesting to see what Amazon says “people who bought this book also purchased..”

614 reviews so, it’s possible it’s on over 600 coffee tables …

If it’s the book mentioned in Fox News story it’s “Death Scenes: a homicide detective scrapbook…”. It’s available on Amazon. Also interesting to see what Amazon says “people who bought this book also purchased..”

614 reviews so, it’s possible it’s on over 600 coffee tables …
1 review maybe of RH or even AE .... I would be curious about the username and the content, but I wouldn't want to read 614 reviews.

Interesting to hear John Ray describe that ”coffee table” book - from his description - explicit photos of maimed victims including babies…..well. That is crazy to leave out on display.
Like I said, I own this book and can't imagine anyone describing it as a "coffee table" book. It isn't even a book I keep in a bookcase in one of the public areas of my home.

It's so great to see results of these long months of intense investigation. Can't wait for Thursday. Is anyone else wondering about what's going through RH's mind? I think the sheriff said he would catch TV from his cell. So, if the TV has been tuned to the searches -- what was running through his mind? Or was he blindsided with the new court date? It's not like there's really anyone he can talk to. Of course, he's never been able to discuss this area of his life, so maybe it's not a problem for him.

With four murder charges already facing him, does the prospect of more even bother him? It's rewarding for the families who have waited so long, for LE who have worked so long and for the public to have hope this person is out of circulation permanently -- but what goes through a murderer's mind as he watches people discover his darkest secrets?

Example- @ 1:00 -roughly -' they could be looking for tools that correspond with marks on body' (dismemberment)
jun 3, 2024 #GilgoBeach #RexHeuermann #CUOMO
Suspected Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann is expected to be charged this week with an additional murder. Retired FBI profiler Jim Clemente, "Real Crime Profile" podcast host, joins NewsNation host Chris Cuomo to discuss the possibility of Heuermann being linked to more murders.

Last edited:
I can't find anything from John Ray since soon after his Jan 2024 event.
Has anyone read anything?
No, but I'm sure he's still busy. It's possible LE agreed to investigate all of the information and witnesses Ray provided to them. In exchange, he has to remain out of the media as they conduct their investigations and gather evidence.

Ray is a very experienced attorney and knows what's necessary for prosecution to build a good case prior to an arrest and indictment.

So who do we think realized there was another active serial killer operating on LI first? Who used the others dumping ground to cover their own tracks and/or muddy the waters which ended up confusing James Burke's Keystone Suffolk County cops? What luck for both Heuermann and Bitrolff on that one! Unless...
The LI sex workers would be among the first to know there were other active serial killers on LI. Any John who talks to them would find out. Most Johns wouldn't be curious or make small talk, but a few would.

What year was that book published? Did RA fume or delight in macabre photos of his own doing that were wrongly credited to other murderers?

jmo
I doubt it; third review down on Amazon (RBBM):

These very graphic and explicit photos of crimes against bodies come from just one city, Los Angeles and it made me think that hundreds of thousands of similar photos must be in police archives around the world.

And what they say is true, most cities have online archives of their crime scee photos these days judging by a quick google search.

You express that so well - I think it’s possible others may be involved somehow but there is one main killer.
Where I think the others are involved is in the swinging scene and sex-worker party scenes that seem to have been prevalent on Long Island at the time. I think the message boards discussed on here so extensively and the knowledge that a swingers (was it a bar?) close to Rex's office brought people to Long Island are proof there was a great deal of interest from numerous people.

However, how many of those would actually even consider crossing that line into murder?

I wonder if some of the murders perhaps lumped into LISK might be straight-forward murders that the killers are lucky got lumped into LISK. Remember after Wayne Williams was arrested in the Atlanta child murders case it came to light that there were missing children actually murdered by their parents but whose cases had been considered possible WW work?

Perhaps some of the victims on LI aren't really LISK victims.

I have hope that with this very active investigation, these will be sorted out.

was curious as to why the podcast with Josh and Joe didn’t mention “Cherries.” Her case was so similar to Peaches and Karen V. Any ideas.
"Cherries"

Where I think the others are involved is in the swinging scene and sex-worker party scenes that seem to have been prevalent on Long Island at the time. I think the message boards discussed on here so extensively and the knowledge that a swingers (was it a bar?) close to Rex's office brought people to Long Island are proof there was a great deal of interest from numerous people.

However, how many of those would actually even consider crossing that line into murder?

I wonder if some of the murders perhaps lumped into LISK might be straight-forward murders that the killers are lucky got lumped into LISK. Remember after Wayne Williams was arrested in the Atlanta child murders case it came to light that there were missing children actually murdered by their parents but whose cases had been considered possible WW work?

Perhaps some of the victims on LI aren't really LISK victims.

I have hope that with this very active investigation, these will be sorted out.

Of the sex workers who gave tips and info to John Ray, at least 3 of the women told of being at sex party events when they encountered Rex H. JMO, that's enough to seem likely that some of these victims encountered him at those events. One encounter was at the swinger's club "La Trapeze" in Manhattan, not far from Heuermann's office.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member