Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A document was found on a hard drive in the basement of Heuermann's home that prosecutors said was a "manifesto" or "blueprint" planning all phases of the killings and disposal of the bodies.
Prosecutors said the Microsoft Word document was a "planning document" used by Heuermann to "methodically blueprint" and "plan out" his "kills".
The planning document was divided into sections, including "problems," such as DNA, tire marks, blood stains, fingerprints, plastic bags/cat litter, witnesses, trace source of supplies, foot/shoe prints, photos, police and truck stops, fingerprints in gloves, hair and fiber, prosecutors said.
There was also a section for supplies needed to carry out serial murders "to avoid apprehension and to avoid leaving behind DNA evidence," the DA said."

I don't understand the thing with the cat litter?

cont:

There was a "DS" heading that referred to "dump site," prosecutors said, as well as a "TRG" section, which appears to refer to "target," prosecutors siad.
According to prosecutors, the victims are all small, petite women, consistent with a "SMALL IS GOOD" entry in the document.
The "manifesto" also includes sections on "pre-prep," "prep," and "post event"; that section includes entries such as "distroy (sic) file," "change tires," "burn gloves," "dispose of pic's (sic)" and "have story set.
Also, a cross bar was listed in the "prep section. "The Gilgo Homicide Task Force members are aware that a 'cross bar' is often placed underneath tables to provide further structural support for heavier objects being placed on a table."
Another item on the list is called "hard point," which, the task force said, refers to sexual "suspension bondage."
In the "body prep" section, notes included washing bodies inside all cavities, removing trave evidence such as fingerprints and hair, removing head and hands and "packaging for transport."
There was also a "Things to Remember'

cont

For heavily blood saturated areas, use kitty litter to soak up the bulk of the body fluids. Then use a scoop or scraper to shovel the kitty litter into biohazard bags. When the bulk of the blood is contained, saturate the area with your disinfectant chemical

I wonder if a title search for the Avalanche he used with JT was done and that vehicle found and impounded. It looks like he’s had at least three maybe four of that same model.
Didn’t one of the supposed RH (earlier owned?) Chevrolet Avalanche vehicles go to his brother’s residence in SC? I might be mistaken and won’t find the link in these threads but thought something like that might have occurred? MOO

Reading the affidavit and it's weird that in his calendar that he refers to Asa as "wife" repeatedly rather than by her name or initial. Her name is even shorter than the word "wife" so it's not as if he's doing shorthand. I'm thinking he objectifies all women, not just his victims. jmo
Just a thought....

Sometimes we think of a family man who has a dark side when we should be thinking of a dark man who has a side family.

RH is a serial killer. That's who he is and what he does. Having an occupation financed it, having a family provided cover.

It didn't but his playbook might've said "maintain a family". Have a wife. Find someone to fill that spot. Clearly he didn't care about any of his wives. He cared about himself and his insatiable appetite for killing.

Jmo

I'm thinking there are places in the basement where Asa and the kids never went. I don't think that is hugely unusual, even in a small house. She might have been happy letting him his own space that didn't involve her.

I am worried about the images he seems he took of the victims - did they end up on the web before he destroyed them? How do perps get the images to look at - somebody has to supply them? So gross and incredibly sad.

jmo
Where is their laundry room, I wonder.

This paneled room, perhaps it was sealed apart from the basement and only reintroduced as common space.

I can't imagine being ANYONE today who had at any time for any reason been in that basement. Horrors.

JMO

Cat litter has properties that absorb moisture (body fluids/blood and moisture from the body), slows decomposition, and controls odor.

MOO but if he was holding their bodies post-mortem he maybe used cat litter to slow decomp and extend his “play time” as noted in the new bail doc.

'District Attorney says ‘fair’ to say Heuermann is suspect in seventh murder not included in today’s indictment'​

'Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney said it’s “fair” to say Rex Heuermann is a suspect in a seventh murder.
The Manhattan architect was initially charged with the 2009 and 2010 murders of Megan Waterman, Melissa Barthelemy, Amber Lynn Costello and Maureen Brainard-Barnes — known as the “Gilgo Four.” Now, he faces new charges for the 2003 dismemberment death of 20-year-old Jessica Taylor and the 1993 death of 28-year-old Sandra Costilla.
Tierney says Heuermann may be a suspect in the murder of Valerie Mack.
Gilgo Beach Task Force investigators completed a second search of Heuermann’s home in Massapequa Park and a search of an area of Manorville where the partial remains of both Taylor and Mack were found more than two decades ago.
However, Mack’s murder was not included in Thursday’s indictment.'

Katie Hawkinson6 June 2024 17:11

By witness, do they imply that the witness saw the murder and/or dumping of the body.
"A witness was interviewed in 2003 after Taylor's remains were found, who said at 10:30 p.m. on July 25, she saw a dark-colored Chevrolet pickup track backed-in to the same wooded area where Taylor's body was found, prosecutors said."

Thanks - that is worth the re-read! Some snippets:

"During one rehearsal, Heuermann - without telling anyone - added additional weights to the bottom of the pulley system that raised and lowered the stage curtains, the classmate recalled.

When she pulled on a lever to drop the curtains while holding onto a rope connected to the system, her 95-pound body suddenly went soaring toward the auditorium ceiling.....

[T]he former classmate said she thought the hulking, 6-foot-4 teen was 'marking his domain' by making it hard for other students to handle the curtains under the additional weight."

link in quote post.
Who can fathom the mind of a sadistic serial killer like RH? She thought he added the weights so only he could pull the curtains when it's far more likely, knowing what we know now, it was no accident and he was probably setting up his first (attempted) murder.

Dark triad.

I am always stunned by the admissions of killers when they reveal, "I wanted to know how it would feel...." the torture of pets... to the murder of people.... like it's all an experiment to see how it would feel to them, not a consideration for how it'll feel to the victim.

IMO RH has taken this to new heights. Depths. If captivity was part of his M.O., he was looking to cause maximum pain... evolving, devolving into a sicker and sicker beast.

Horrendous.

JMO

Did he coldc0ck his victims, bring them to his empty home, hold them hostage while torturing them, then murder and dispose of them right before his family's return?

What HELL happened in that home?????

Jmo
I don’t know of the rest of us, here but I’m feeling overwhelmed and less safe knowing that monsters like this walk right beside us. This new information makes it all so real. I always suspected this was the work of one man, at times I thought he might have shared his activities with other sick people but now I’m wondering if didn’t find other perverts, follow their activities, join their online chat rooms maybe even going to places they spoke of. I also think he didn’t stalk only targets but potential patsies.

Vess Mitev trashed Ray big time after Ray came out with claims that Asa was not at a hotel vacationing when she supposedly was there.

Lawyer for Gilgo 'serial killer' Rex Heuermann's children ...

The US Sun
https://www.the-sun.com › News › US News

Feb 6, 2024 — Vess Mitev told The U.S. Sun the fantastical allegations made by attorney John Ray during a symposium on the Long Island Serial Killer last ...

Oh dear this is so tragic !
Those poor women :(
Six (6) now......
RH would have been 29/30yo - fits right in with when Serial Killers start......

Who is witness 3 ? if, indeed this is correct ?

Okay. Hair of RH’s live-in girlfriend found on SC.

Hair of AE and daughter found on other victims.

Explainable, sure. (My family has several long-haired women, I know how it gets places.)

But I hope every possibility is thoroughly investigated before all is said and done.

John Ray lets loose on Rex and new indictments.
Stockholm Syndrome.torture, and wall paneling removed during the recent search.
He alludes to other people who lived in the Heuermann house,he had stated last year that for a time Craig Heuermann and wife lived there but I don't remember the timeline.
Also alludes to Asa needs to be investigated fully.
Lots more.

video

I highly doubt a media organisation would pull out of having exclusive access to the family when the case is just getting bigger. If anything they'll be high fiving each other for getting in early, when they could offer a lower amount and be accepted.

If it bleeds, it leads. The media isn't a charity, death and disaster is literally their stock-in-trade.

MOO

It disturbs me that RH's family can profit from the deaths of these young women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member