Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m betting VH working for dad is part of that Stockholm Syndrome. I’m thinking she was so used to his control she didn’t know what else she was capable of doing but working for him. I feel so bad for their situation (meaning the kids). I feel VH is staring to get it hence her statement I don’t feel human. She’s probably rethinking her whole life. That makes me sad.

I thought Stockholm Syndrome is related more to hostages and captors.

Exactly. I’m not so sure how much freedom that family had. Possibly forced into these solo vacations. He needed his “play-time”. You have to wonder what type of control he had on this family to make available time to perpetuate his crimes. There had to be some control over familial concerns gleaned over time to perpetuate these crimes. I think it was years of breaking then down. Jmo

Disorganized in psychiatric terms (I work in a psychiatric hospital) can mean something different than what it means to be a disorganized person. To have disorganized thought processes for instance is a different meaning, usually for someone with a thought disorder or psychosis. Not that he is psychotic, but this could have a different meaning.

I was wondering about that thank you.

As far as SKs go, I think Christopher Wilder’s killing spree included a clear case of Stockholm Syndrome. It involved the psychological manipulation of a 16 yo girl through his brand of bizarre torture inflicted upon her. She did whatever he said - including luring other girls.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... In my lifetime I have experienced an event that was so traumatizing that, in the early stages, I could not have learned any more about it without my mind completely giving way. Many people didn't understand my response, and yes, I was viciously criticized for it, but I knew I had to protect my sanity in that space in order to move even one step forward. So, from my perspective, it is completely understandable how AE and VH MIGHT not be psychologically ready to know any more of the horrific details.

Just thought I'd offer that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I know of it, the advice was to come clean and confess. That's the route KJ took, and from what I understand, he tells other people charged with these kinds of crimes the same with regularity.

I don't know how I missed this. I'm reeling. I had no idea that KJ was known for writing other serial killers either. I bet RH is proud to be included.

Agree. I definitely see him holding court for inquiring minds and acolytes alike, not to mention sifting through the inevitable stacks of love letters from people (sadly, mostly women) who will claim they alone truly understand him.

IMO, he will sustain himself and his reprehensible fantasies for years to come, just as he has for decades, through self-gratifying, masturbatory contemplation of his victims, each and every one of them. Individual flourishes, this murder this way, this long spent on her, that murder another way, different touches for her, ad nauseum. No one who sits before him will walk away feeling clean.

All the years he trolled, being felt, sensed, but remaining unseen, and all the victims he claimed - far more than six, IMO - net out to a tremendous feeling of power, which is its own kind of fetish. He won't surrender that, just adapt in his new environment to keep that feeling. In this way, he reminds me of Ed Kemper.

JMO, and I am devastated for the women and the horrors he visited upon them.

you write very well and this line will stick with me

'No one who sits before him will walk away feeling clean.'

The condition of the house looks like it was not a nest and tidy before the arrest and 1st search. How did RH clean up the basement so as not to leave blood droplets and flesh? LE must have used luminol and canines in the days-long searches. Was there a hidden room behind the paneling that had just been removed from the basement?

I had been thinking all along that he must've killed somewhere else so these latest revelations are shocking for me. Indeed, how did he clean up so well?

I had been thinking all along that he must've killed somewhere else so these latest revelations are shocking for me. Indeed, how did he clean up so well?
Hopefully he didn’t. And I’m guessing he chose colors where dried blood wouldn’t stand out. Probably had dim lighting but added spotlights at the time of the crime.

Also just because you decide to not utilize your perfectionist side on keeping the house neat and tidy doesn’t mean that you can’t do it if that is a priority.

Maybe that comes with the tendency to compartmentalize, idk.

Last edited:
Megan unlikely her real name- probably her street name if she was a sex worker. One of the numbers listed for T-1 was previously linked to Danielle Faith Goodling of Bronx, NY. She died in April 2021 and her obituary refers to her encounters with evil and much trauma - and asked for donations to be made to an organisation that advocates for sex trafficking victims.

[bbm]

source please?

Last edited:
NBC:

Suspect in Gilgo Beach killings may have started preying on women more than three decades ago

"'Before all this is over, he could become one of the most prolific serial killers ever on Long Island,' an expert told NBC News after Rex Heuermann was charged with two more deaths."
Discusses Sandra Costilla/background: "Costilla, according to Heuermann’s indictment, was a native of Trinidad and Tobago who had been living in New York City...At the time of her disappearance, police said Costilla had been living on Gates Avenue in the Ridgewood section of Queens, a borough of New York City, and sometimes used the last name Cutello. She was arrested in 1992 for jumping a subway turnstile, so her fingerprints were on record, Newsday reported at the time. But reporters who visited Costilla's block in Queens at the time could not find any residents who knew her."
I think the last murder they've connected him was in 2011 and I highly doubt he quit after that.

...one of the most prolific serial killers ever on Long Island

WTH? I thought that was going say in the country. How many serial killers have they had on LI for him to be "one of the most prolific"? :oops:

Last edited:
So not having followed this too closely, it's believed he killed some of the victims in his own house? And, there was a room in the basement where this happened? And, he had a life sized doll (probably latex sex doll) in a glass case and his wife was unaware of all of this? Is that the story?

the doll was not life-sized and was not a latex sex doll
it was a probably porcelain doll - maybe a foot or two in a glass case
like a collector doll (in a dress I think)
there was a picture of it when they were removing it from the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member