Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of our business (of course), but... I can't help wondering how he met first wife, the 1993 live-in, and AE.
Hmmm, I took Tierney to be saying the 1st wife and the woman who were living in the home were the same person. In other words, making it clear that the first wife lived in the home at that time. Make sense ?

Sexual sadists

Is RH like David Parker Ray and his "toy box"

Ray used soundproofing methods on a semi-trailer, which he called his "Toy Box", and equipped it with items used for sexual torture. He would kidnap about four or five women a year, holding each of them captive for around two to three months. During this period he would sexually abuse his victims and often torture them with surgical instruments, sometimes involving his friends, wife or even his dog. Then Ray would drug them with barbiturates in an attempt to erase their memories of what had happened before abandoning them by the side of the road.

Also, I mentioned the Toolbox Killers on another thread recently. Torture was called "sweet talk" by one.
They made audio recordings of some of their killings (one was played during the trial). I think one of the investigating detectives committed suicide (and some say these murders were just too much for him).

DS is the man who shared the apartment with Amber Costello. DS reported the ogre-looking man, driving the dark green Chevy Avalanche, who picked Amber up just before she disappeared.

@justk -- Even if RH had been discovered in 2011, would the technology have been advanced enough to convict him? The important DNA testing, especially, is available only recently as DNA testing and understanding was in its infancy. DNA itself was only discovered in 1953, but testing actually began in the 1970s-80s.

Cell phone technology and tracking as well as computer technology are also much evolved from 2011. If the cases were investigated then, would there have been enough to convict him?

Bittrolff was convicted based on his DNA being on the bodies. Did you note that the hair on Sandra Costilla was sent for comparison to Bittrolff's but came back as not a match? Because it matched RH's.

As for his conviction, this morning Sarge Joe noted that in addition to the DNA Bittrolff was convicted because his brother Timothy testified that he had helped John Bittrolff dispose of one of the bodies.
Pretty much convicts JB in my mind.

Only, that was under the Thomas Spota (2002-2017 as DA) and James Burke era -- I do wonder if there's any chance Spota had leverage to coerce the brother into testifying . . . yep, just googled it. Timothy was discovered a partial match for the DNA because Timothy's DNA was taken after he violated an Order of Protection, per the Wikipedia article on John.

My distrust of Spota and Burke makes me wonder . . .
Much thanks on this, never heard this idea with Bittrolff of his brother assisting him. Unbelievable.

I’m wondering also if RH “staged” Sandra’s body to look like the others that Bittrolff was charged for murdering. To throw it off himself? My mind is all over the place!!!
To the best of my knowledge, it has never been reported exactly how McNamee, Costilla and Tangredi were posed, so I don't know how RH would have known that...unless, of course, he had a buddy in LE with inside info or he was an associate of Bittrolff's.

Last edited:
What if he started earlier? Any 1980s cases
I'd almost swear he started 80s. RH is so profoundly twisted, he may even have started in his late teens, MOO

This guy seems to love to play the "They'd never expect... " card. Meaning he's conscious of just how much people will reasonably believe, and he plays on it by doing exactly what people would find almost impossible to believe. He does it. And he knows we'll all have a hard time believing it.

Would I have expected elaborate charts of actual murder strategy? Um, you'll excuse me, the bar was set pretty low for him in regards cunning and craftiness, and-- he somehow slithered below even my low expectations.

This guy is stupefyingly evil. He actually looks worse than Cottingham jmo, and Cottingham was a horror show.

I just ran across this sexual sadist info which cited a 2023 report in the Journal of Threat Assessment and Management and comparing that info to RH. Here's how it begins...

One of the most striking findings of the 2023 study was the remarkably early onset and prolonged duration of violent fantasies among the serial killers interviewed. On average, participants reported that their violent fantasies began during childhood or adolescence, with some indicating that they could trace their dark imaginings back to as early as five or six years old.

These early fantasies often arose in the context of childhood trauma, such as exposure to domestic violence, sexual abuse, or severe neglect. Many participants described growing up in chaotic, unstable environments where violence was normalized or even celebrated. For some, these early experiences of powerlessness and victimization seemed to plant the seeds of their later obsessions with control and domination. For example, one participant described growing up in a household where his father regularly beat his mother and how this exposure to violence shaped his later fantasies of power and control over women.

more info and the comparison at link.

Of note:
The Journal of Threat Assessment and Management® is an international periodical for professionals and scholars whose work focuses on operational aspects of the assessment and management of risk for interpersonal violence.

I'd almost swear he started 80s. RH is so profoundly twisted, he may even have started in his late teens, MOO

This guy seems to love to play the "They'd never expect... " card. Meaning he's conscious of just how much people will reasonably believe, and he plays on it by doing exactly what people would find almost impossible to believe. He does it. And he knows we'll all have a hard time believing it.

Would I have expected elaborate charts of actual murder strategy? Um, you'll excuse me, the bar was set pretty low for him in regards cunning and craftiness, and-- he somehow slithered below even my low expectations.

This guy is stupefyingly evil.
I find it really quite amazing that LE found this file that had been deleted by him so many years ago, but was still retrievable because it hadn't been overridden by other files yet. It sat in that computer for what? 22-23 years? That is amazing! I wonder where all his other kill plans were kept. I'm certain he wouldn't have stopped making written plans. MOO.

Weather he did, indeed, not get the chance to thoroughly look through the documents or go over the details with RH, he knows enough to know that LE and the DA have a solid case against his client.

I just hope RH starts talking, I don’t know if Brown can get him to, but I hope he does.
He's perhaps happy to finally be getting "the respect" he feels he deserves, basking in the notoriety. Someone here on WS mentioned thinking he appeared "proud" in court today. (I think "proud" was the word used.) Finally the world is getting to look at his "work", he may be thinking. I've always thought he'd insist on going to trial. Now, I'm wondering if his ego might need credit for his superiority in the SK field.

He's perhaps happy to finally be getting "the respect" he feels he deserves, basking in the notoriety. Someone here on WS mentioned thinking he appeared "proud" in court today. (I think "proud" was the word used.) Finally the world is getting to look at his "work", he may be thinking. I've always thought he'd insist on going to trial. Now, I'm wondering if his ego might need credit for his superiority in the SK field.

Earlier I mentioned that I thought he looked "satisfied". (I don't know if you were mentioning my post or another one.) I think he is satisfied. And probably ok with things being discovered at this point. Because I think that in his mind, he'll still have the upper hand in that LE, the public, the victim's families will never know all the details. But, they do & will know enough to cause a lot of shock, horror, & pain. And while he will never be out to inflict this kind of torture & killing again, he will be satisfied in knowing how many, many, many lives he has ruined.

If they keep investigating, I think his body count is going to end up being very high. I wonder how often his family vacationed when he wasn't with them? Annually? For almost 30 years? Does that mean 30 victims? Or did he have victims prior to the existence of his current family? Does he have victims in other states when he himself was traveling?

The written info released today is just beyond words. No words. And I feel like it's just scratching the surface.

MOO.

Sexual sadists

Is RH like David Parker Ray and his "toy box"

Ray used soundproofing methods on a semi-trailer, which he called his "Toy Box", and equipped it with items used for sexual torture. He would kidnap about four or five women a year, holding each of them captive for around two to three months. During this period he would sexually abuse his victims and often torture them with surgical instruments, sometimes involving his friends, wife or even his dog. Then Ray would drug them with barbiturates in an attempt to erase their memories of what had happened before abandoning them by the side of the road.

Also, I mentioned the Toolbox Killers on another thread recently. Torture was called "sweet talk" by one.
They made audio recordings of some of their killings (one was played during the trial). I think one of the investigating detectives committed suicide (and some say these murders were just too much for him).

Yes, and similar to survivalist buddies Lake and Ng.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase