Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember those articles.
Now look where we are at.
Aug.1,2023
This one certainly didn't age well either.

"She said her daughter, Victoria Heuermann, has expressed feeling "not human" in the wake of her father's arrest and the subsequent turmoil the family has faced. Ms Ellerup's lawyer, Bob Macedonio, further explained: "She meant what they've done to them and the family is not even human.

"They were just complete animals. They treated them like animals."

Do you think he felt himself being hunted and eventually becoming a T-1?

I think nothing lasts forever and he surely knew that.

He was making concerted efforts to monitor the various cases of these missing and deceased women.

(IMO, LE has been, is and will be for years scrutinizing every search query he made on each of his myriad electronic devices. How many searches will they find that match none of the known names? I have to swallow hard to even think about that.)

Unlike many serial killers before him and contemporaneous to him, RH didn't spiral out of control and set himself up to get caught, like Ted Bundy or Richard Ramirez. Instead, I think he moved back and forth between feeling certain that he was invisible, undetectable, and feeling anxious that he would be caught and deprived of his special avocation for the rest of his life.

Not to mention, you still have to live your daily life, day in, day out. He was one cool customer.

Investigators are analyzing tape recovered from the basement of alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann’s home, a location where they believe he may have killed his victims, Newsday has learned through court records and an exclusive interview with Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney…

“In the basement, using infrared light, you're able to see things with greater contrast,” Tierney told Newsday reporters Friday. “We saw adhesive indications, pieces of tape left. We photographed that and then we preserved it. And now we're going to analyze it.”

…When Costilla, who Tierney said anecdotal evidence suggests was a sex worker, was killed in November 1993, her body dumped in a wooded area of North Sea, Heuermann’s mother and a woman who appears to be Heuermann’s first wife, had recently moved out of the home.

Tierney also said there are now specific cases not previously tied to Gilgo Beach that Heuermann is being looked at for. He declined to discuss specifics or say if any of those cases predate the 1993 killing of Costilla, which along with Taylor moved the timeline of the charged killings ahead 14 years.

Good analysis, and I agree.

I'm not particularly interested in or knowledgable about SKs, but remember reading some years ago K Ramsland's book about Dennis Rader, and the fussy, bureaucratic, horrific precision of his fantasies and prep (not always successful) seems to be part of RH also. Both seem to be living exponents of the raw, plodding banality of evil.

The anticipation phase prior to each crime seems to have been rather long and complex for RH, and these detailed practices of "assessment, evaluation and continuous improvement" are on-brand for the man and his professional self and deeply troubling. Very glad that this investigation looks set to continue.
Does anyone recall that immediately following RH's arrest, the press talked to other convicted killers, including Rader and Bittrolff. Rader declared that RH was a clone of him. Dennis Rader interview about Rex Heuermann - Search Videos

Last edited:
Does anyone recall that immediately following RH's arrest, the press talking to other convicted killers, including Rader and Bittrolff. Rader declared that RH was a clone of him. Dennis Rader interview about Rex Heuermann - Search Videos
That’s interesting because if it was immediately following the arrest, I wonder how he knew about the BDSM and torture that RH was into. We knew the victims were SW’ers but I don’t remember enough detail about their manner of death or RH’s sexual fetishes were made public at that point in time. How would Rader know just how similar they possibly were, enough to call him a clone? Or is that just Raders ego talking?

Edit to add: after going back and reading Raders initial comments, his comparison was being a married family man and being taken down by technology….not rocket science on his part, but he gave himself a big pat on the back for “being right”….<sigh>

Last edited:
Is there video of him getting arrested? I have not followed this case and have only caught bits and pieces on the news. I would guess it wasn't fear he felt but lack of control and the uncertainty

Yes! You have to see it. It's a thing of beautiful choreography. :)

starts at about the :38 mark
This is a longer video which shows the 3 agents arresting RH .
The security camera got blurry but you do see what looks like a conversation could be taking place.
Does anyone know what was said by agents to RH and any reply by him?

Why are there not more people out there who are willing to share more of the "early Rex".??????
I just find this strange that more people have not come forward with ....well.... anything. ??????

I want to know more about upbringing, and all we have is total confusion as to his having sisters or only his brother?
Even if LE has asked people to stay silent (like his first wife and others), people still ALWAYS come out for their 15 minutes of fame.

This guy just had to have "triggers"----- what WERE they, WHEN were they.
When RH's grandfather WH died in 64' he had 7 children, RH's father TH was one of them.

His grandfather had 15 grandchildren when he died in 64' and RH was one of them.

RH has plenty of first cousins and could still have a few aunts and uncles alive too.

I hope he was filled with panic and worry on a daily basis. I think keeping all this stuff might be control or it also could be worry that someone was on to him and disposing of any one item could get him caught. If he lived in fear all these years, I could live with that. The fact he had notes about DNA and how to not get caught suggests he was concerned about the things that he would leave behind that would link him to the crimes. I hope they are able to uncover every single evil deed he did by analyzing every device. The fact he wrote the lists on the coumpeters is really baffling since he was concerend about being caught. I'd think not leaving that trail on the computer would be a good place to start.
Hello, been lurking and have some observations to share. The vibe of his manifesto tells me he wants to instruct others, at the same time needs a list to remember everything he must do. He is documenting his own SK evolution and is interested in this evidenced by the books he reads. He wants to be the best, remembered. He mentions the murders to the woman who gave interviews that he went in a date with. He saved those items to “know” they were there as proof of his accomplishments, same reason his DS was nearby. He just couldn’t bear to part with them, and banked on his belief that he was smarter than LE. He couldn’t help but write that manifesto. Planning, executing, and reliving his plan was all part of his fantasy of himself. He was trying to be the ultimate “artist” like is mentioned in his manifesto. MOO

That’s interesting because if it was immediately following the arrest, I wonder how he knew about the BDSM and torture that RH was into. We knew the victims were SW’ers but I don’t remember enough detail about their manner of death or RH’s sexual fetishes were made public at that point in time. How would Rader know just how similar they possibly were, enough to call him a clone? Or is that just Raders ego talking?

Edit to add: after going back and reading Raders initial comments, his comparison was being a married family man and being taken down by technology….not rocket science on his part, but he gave himself a big pat on the back for “being right”….<sigh>
Rader certainly appears to have an enormous ego, loving to get dressed up, strut around and be an expert on SKers. As I learned about RH's treatment of the victims, I had to wonder if Rader has been following and studying the LISK case and somehow had guessed aspects of the killer no one else would "get". It is possible he was referring only to the same age when arrested, married, family man etc. but I think that he perhaps had guessed things that this intense investigation is just now discovering.

Do you think he was possibly just revamping and saving over his earlier 2004 original document and changing targets names without renaming his document or saving as? i’m not well versed in the technology aspect but I’m sure LE probably already know this answer.

The T-1 Megan name bothered me as it was too early to be Waterman. You may be absolutely right that there are multiple Megan targets as well. Jmo
If I was NY LE, I would be looking for missing Megan’s…

Rader certainly appears to have an enormous ego, loving to get dressed up, strut around and be an expert on SKers. As I learned about RH's treatment of the victims, I had to wonder if Rader has been following and studying the LISK case and somehow had guessed aspects of the killer no one else would "get". It is possible he was referring only to the same age when arrested, married, family man etc. but I think that he perhaps had guessed things that this intense investigation is just now discovering.
Excellent observations! Very interesting and I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader