Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the discrepancy for me is this: How could all three of these women be staged in the same fashion (with the left shoe missing, wood shavings left at the site, in a similar position, and all murdered within a 3-month span) and yet, RH is now charged with one of those murders and JB the other two. How could all those things be a coincidence?
MOO.
Apparently that's a misperception that all three scenes were identical, due to shoddy reporting and misstatements at the time.

I've heard here and there on videos/podcasts that RH's father died under mysterious circumstances with no further details given.

I've never seen anything reported in print.
Anyone?

He seemed to have died when he was age 50, in 1975 when RH was about 12. He was a veteran of WWII

There are some family details in these articles:

It's just so ironic that after all his planning on what to do/buy and don't do while carrying it out to not get caught by covering his tracks it was the family garbage/recycling in front of his house that tapped that first domino.

RH joined the growing list of serial killers and murderers,cold case ones too, who all got caught by putting out their garbage or tossing a bottle into a waste can or putting out a cigarette butt the list goes on.

He seemed to have died when he was age 50, in 1975 when RH was about 12. He was a veteran of WWII

There are some family details in these articles:

Sounds like Ed Gein. I think his activities go back well before the first known victims. I hope LE checks every place he has ever been. MOO

I've heard here and there on videos/podcasts that RH's father died under mysterious circumstances with no further details given.

I've never seen anything reported in print.
Anyone?

I've only seen that people find it mysterious that no one can seem to find a death notice or cause of death, not that his actual death was mysterious. He died around age 50 and that seems rather young. If he were built like his son, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he had a heart attack.

Apologies for my lazy first post yesterday, for the unhelpful link to a bunch of other links, and for posting photos without blurring faces beforehand. (Thank you wcasewatch for fixing that!)
Interesting posts from PickleChris tmurphy1130 Mountain_Kat and others, sent me down the gun club rabbit hole. It was 3AM when I stumbled across the pics of RH and I was exhausted, but eager to create a WS account to share the pics with everyone here in a rush.
Going forward, I'll try to do better.

On the topic of RH's spelling errors. IMO, the word "distroy" being a few lines away from the word "dispose" is an easy typo/spelling mistake anyone can make since they are similar sounding words at the beginning.
However, the misspelling of the word "organized" AND/or "disorganized" seemed exaggerated IMO. Is he really just a bad speller? Typos? Or was it deliberate? His way of being funny?

1. Here is a song called "Organizized" by Powerman 5000. Heuermann, Powerman. I wonder if he likes this band. I can see it, especially after listening and skimming through some of the lyrics.

2. Then there is a scene from the movie "Taxi Driver" where the actor uses the word "organized" in sort of the same way and in a joking manner. Coincidentally, the movie is about a "disturbed loner Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro) takes a job as a New York City cabbie, haunting the streets nightly, growing increasingly detached from reality as he dreams of cleaning up the filthy city. When Travis meets pretty campaign worker Betsy (Cybill Shepherd), he becomes obsessed with the idea of saving the world, first plotting to assassinate a presidential candidate, then directing his attentions toward rescuing 12-year-old prostitute Iris (Jodie Foster)."

Ok, just thinking this over. What if RH did have some association with Bittrolff and Bittrolff tipped them off to him? Meaning Bittrolff maybe put him "on the map" or advanced the investigation in some way. Snitches get stitches, so I doubt Bittrolff would want such information "out there." And probably LE wouldn't either, since... snitches get stitches. And Bittrolff would be "their" snitch. Plus, it's bad policy for LE's snitch to get stitches because others in JB's position will be reluctant to step forward in the future.

There's a definite reason for RH to search JB in that.

This guy has been on before but there was discussion of why no one else went in to the basement area. It sounded logical but I didn’t get all of it. I’m going to watch this tomorrow but did anyone catch it?

On the topic of RH's spelling errors. IMO, the word "distroy" being a few lines away from the word "dispose" is an easy typo/spelling mistake anyone can make since they are similar sounding words at the beginning.
However, the misspelling of the word "organized" AND/or "disorganized" seemed exaggerated IMO. Is he really just a bad speller? Typos? Or was it deliberate? His way of being funny?
(snipped by me)
Personally, I don't think it's much of anything.
Could have been the "HK2002-04" note was something he jotted down on his little 2003/04 palm pilot, with his hammy hands and less than perfect vision, then moved the file over to his laptop. There it remained - undeleted and buried deep down in some sub folder of a sub folder.

In his letter to Jesperson, he ain't too loquacious, but his spelling isn't too terrible.

oh and these things were notorious for poorly transcribing sloppy handwriting.

Attachments

• palm-m500.jpeg
    palm-m500.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1
My apologies if this has been answered here before ~ I know Peaches torso was found separately from some of her extremities ~ torso found in Rubbermaid container at Hempstead Lake Park, missing head, both arms and both legs below the knee.

What remains of Peaches were found along Ocean Pkwy? I believe her head was never found. Based on the remains that were recovered, has her approximate height and weight ever determined?
Some of Peaches' remains were found along Ocean Parkway, specifically in Jones Beach. They were found April 11, 2011.

The remains were found in a plastic bag. I suspect at least part of those remains was her hands or arms, because found with the remains were bracelets that were similar to the jewellery found on her daughter's remains.

They were found a couple of miles west of Karen's skull.

MOO

Last edited:
Maybe there is also some search history or key strokes in all those devices that will tell something?

I think there's more than is in the bail applications. I'm curious what they found that made them look at Sandra Castilla and re-search the scene there. I have no insider knowledge or evidence, of course, but based on his notes in the recent bail document I think he was probably taking photos of his victims in his home, scanning them into a password-protected computer, and then destroying the hard copies. I think they found photos of victims who have not yet been found and that's why they brought cadaver dogs to his two other known graveyards (Manorville and North Sea), to see if they could find them.

Because they're releasing the bail documents publicly, and because they also have DNA evidence, I think they're purposely not including these photos, but if this goes to trial they will probably be presented as evidence.

Again, this is just a guess. But something they found in the initial search had them calling him a monster and a demon. And while the HK document is graphic and horrible, there's nothing in there that points to either specifically Sandra Costilla, or that I can tell would encourage them to redo searches at Manorville and North Sea. I do think the HK document explains re-searching the home with the clues leading them back to the basement, but I'm not sure what led them to North Sea. Maybe they were just being diligent about testing evidence in all cold cases that might be his crimes, but Sandra was murdered three years before his earliest suspected victim (Karen Vergata) and no part of her was found on Ocean Parkway, so I'm curious whether something led them to her specifically.

It may have also pointed to his emotional state while writing the notes. A law enforcement and psychologists who have worked with serial predators (not just killers) say that when thinking about or talking about their past crimes, they appear to relive them. Planning probably triggers the same thing.

BUT - if I remember well - the boat wasn't owned by him alone; he shared it with a buddy. If that is true, it would have been risky to use it for murdered women, I think.
I don't think it would have been that risky, using the boat.

I think most people, seeing, say, a smear of blood on a small boat used for fishing would assume that it is fish blood.

MOO

BUT - if I remember well - the boat wasn't owned by him alone; he shared it with a buddy. If that is true, it would have been risky to use it for murdered women, I think.
I always used to wonder about the boat in re: Fire Island because you can't really drive there easily. I'm seeing that you can access Fire Island by private boat. (I have no idea of whether this is feasible with a duck boat, but if he knows how to operate a duck boat, he might also have rented other types of boats at some time.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member