Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is possible that she was exposed to some sort of evidence, I haven't seen any proof. She could have easily been influenced by her peers.
Proof? This is an investigation. We follow leads. And it is very possible she was exposed to evidence. It is painfully obvious Tierney doesn't want it all. He is walking a fine line between the Jimmy The King gang and the breakthroughs made under Harrison and partially thanks to John Ray.

Proof is later.

MOO

Yeah, I think a big problem is people not understanding how Tumblr works. Most people who have an account, 99.99% of what they 'post' is just other people's content reblogged. Very few have an account where they only post their own content, it's just not how the site operates.

It's an entire site that revolves around that impulse you get to share a meme with someone. Times infinity.

MOO

She has disturbing tastes in art, s&m, bondage and rape. Which strangely reflects her father's interests.

Proof? This is an investigation. We follow leads. And it is very possible she was exposed to evidence. It is painfully obvious Tierney doesn't want it all. He is walking a fine line between the Jimmy The King gang and the breakthroughs made under Harrison and partially thanks to John Ray.

Proof is late

MOO
Who are “we”? LE certainly (hopefully) follows leads. We (non-LE, not actually working this case) follow news, etc. but have no right to anything else, including statements of any kind from victims, even if they made “sleazy deals.”

She's fine.

Look, I am so glad John Ray brought this into the discussion. But I also get why it is disturbing. Sheree is empathetic to VH and there is nothing wrong with empathy.

However, there is something wrong with ignoring relevant facts. VH's interests are relevant. Warwick has a point that it is worth exploring if she has fantasies of doing violence. But if she does not, and her art is simply processing what she has grown up with, but not what she is in danger of doing, it is still relevant to us. Because clearly the family was not unaware of Rex's alleged activities.

That is not a crime. But it tells us there are important potential witnesses. It is being repeated on this thread that Tierney makes an exaggerated point that the family was out of town. Well, by his own recent bail document, the victims were kept alive longer than we hoped. The AC hotel time share charge doesn't time the hotel stay. Purchases in AC do, and they indicate a shorter stay. (And weird purchases traveling as the only parent with young children.) It is also plausible that Rex wanted his family to have a good alibi that they would not bungle, more than he was sneaking around him.

Even if the family were out of town and entirely unaware of the crimes, they'd have to have SOME information. For example, the cover stories given which could lead LE to more clues. What if Rex told them he hit a curb with his truck and needed yo replace the tires. Yet for some reason, he cheated out and bought them used at a junk yard. Wouldn't that (entirely hypothetical) situation be useful to LE?

So why does Tierney insist on over-emphasizing that the family was out of town? Why mention it more than in passing...why not say that the murders charged seem to correspond to the family traveling, so we are interested in any witness who has information about what the suspect did or claimed he did during family vacations?

Tierney is showing hostility to getting all the information.

But back to VH and Sheree. Whatever happened, while it obviously did not leave VH ignorant, it also probably did not leave her unscathed. I am sure the press conference compounded the pain, and Sheree, like all of us, don't want to see VH hurt. But we do want facts.

MOO
What I want to know is if LE/Harrison was aware of VH's social media contents before/after RH was arrested would they have definitely wanted a sit down with her.

Proof is later.

MOO
Prosecution operates with facts, not speculation. IF there is evidence against RH's family (and enough of it), it will be used to prosecute them. So far, the DA has been denying their involvement.

Prosecution acts on facts, not speculation. IF there is evidence against RH's family (and enough of it), it will be used to prosecute them. So far, the DA is denying their involvement.
I wonder, though, if they were used by Rex and don't even fully realize it. Can they be jolted into realizing they might have been used, or might have witnessed situations, or unwittingly covered for him?

I'm not as concerned about their actual involvement (at this point) as I am that they might have info that leads to other victims being discovered.

jmo

She has disturbing tastes in art, s&m, bondage and rape. Which strangely reflects her father's interests.
But is not a crime, nor proof she had any participation in one of his.

It doesn't matter if any of us like her taste in art or share or disapprove of her kinks or sexual preferences. They're not proof of any complicity in anything criminal.

And the only known victim her hair was on and the LAST victim RH has been charged with was killed when she was twelve and out of state.

All other victims he has been charged with killing she was younger or not even born.

She is a victim. She was a child.

MOO

We don't know that. We don't know anything. We didn't even know about Rex in the beginning. Things just keep coming to light over and over and over.
VH's art, drawings, whatever it is called his is absolutely unhinged and disturbing.
Look, I don’t like the artwork and I find it disturbing, but it is not illegal. I don’t like horror in general as I think there is plenty in real life without exploring it in fantasy. But that doesn’t mean that those who do explore it in fantasy are unhinged.

If one chooses to research a bit about why some people like reading or viewing horror, there are plenty of psychological articles and studies that indicate it is a way of processing and gaining control over fear and building resilience in the presence of danger. And that many of those who do explore horror in the world of fantasy actually tend to be more empathetic than the general population.

A person viewing episodes of The Walking Dead would see images with dismembered bodies much like those VH allegedly viewed or copied onto her Tumblr page, but that series had a huge following. The producers of that show sometimes chose to include gore that was particularly disturbing not just as imagery but also in sound - squirting or gushing blood, crushing or tearing flesh, and screaming victims. But no one is holding press conferences insinuating that the producers of that show assisted with, accompanied, or observed without reporting actual murder and dismemberment.

Why? Because they are not RH’s children.

There’s a reason that on this site we are not permitted to post material from private sleuthing of victims and family members. It is to prevent victimizing innocent individuals - whom we are aware of only because they are proximate to the crime - by making inferences that are undeserved and by assuming evidence that may not stand up to reasonable scrutiny. Instead, we wait until LE has found the evidence of the connections and has subjected that evidence to evaluation, analysis, and testing to ensure that it is provable and not just conjecture and speculation.

It seems to me that Ray substantially jumped the gun today. He gathered the crowd after announcing new evidence, then he tossed VH into the pond. “If she floats, she’s a witch. If she drowns, she wasn’t.”

They were not her paintings or blog posts but he sure made it seem that way. Most of the images were from accounts she followed on Tumblr, no evidence she ever even saw those particular images. She did make the sculpture of the skull and the abstract painting JR claimed displayed a "furry bu++ plug". You can find her actual art by searching the username spelled out in the presser, it's juvenile and nothing like the examples he showed.

Omg it's not even her art???!!!
It was just her likes or interests?
But most people won't know that
The damage is done
Idk how he sleeps at night

Who are “we”? LE certainly (hopefully) follows leads. We (non-LE, not actually working this case) follow news, etc. but have no right to anything else, including statements of any kind from victims, even if they made “sleazy deals.”
Well, it's the prosecutor who seems a little conflicted.

It is impossible that family members lived in Rex's house and no nothing, even if they did not know the relevance.

For example, Rex reminded himself to get tires changed. If the family returned from vacation, learned Rex spent some of the time getting used tires for cash at a junkyard, and LE looked at Rex's palm pilot and noted he did NOT put that on his agenda, that would be very significant, wouldn't it? The family did not know what they know, but they knew something.

It is impossible that Asa and family are not witnesses. They remain witnesses whether or not they know of crimes or secrets.

This is an investigation. Follow leads. Interview witnesses. Including the family.

MOO

I am baffled when people think older people, who lived through the 1960s-80s, are shocked by explicit material. And Ray is a lawyer who has worked for years on cases involving SW and serial killers. He's not tender.

jmo
It's not the explicit material they are shocked by, and I don't for a second believe Ray is "tender". But unless he was being deliberately exploitative then he is out-of-touch not to recognize there is a market and interest in "art" of this nature. Or disingenuous.

Last edited:
But is not a crime, nor proof she had any participation in one of his.

It doesn't matter if any of us like her taste in art or share or disapprove of her kinks or sexual preferences. They're not proof of any complicity in anything criminal.

And the only known victim her hair was on and the LAST victim RH has been charged with was killed when she was twelve and out of state.

All other victims he has been charged with killing she was younger or not even born.

She is a victim. She was a child.

MOO

I know she was a child, and she is a victim. I still view her and her entire family as victims to RH's sickness.
I've stated that many times.
But it is extremely ODD to share similar interests in torture, S&M bondage, dismemberment, and rape as her father. That saying I can see why any psychologist would assume she was exposed to her father's interests at some point in her life.
That anyone investigating this crime would want her to come forward if she remembers anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingina30