Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's distasteful attire given what her father was charged with, I agree, but since when is it okay to publicly humiliate someone at a press conference because their clothing bothered people?

Maybe she should have to wear a scarlet "D" on her chest to remind everyone she is distasteful.

jmo
How is it "humiliating" her if it's true she was wearing a t-shirt of a skeleton, which he produced the photo of? He was stating a fact. It shows complete dissonance or empathy towards the murdered women in her father's case. That's what I see him pointing out. MOO.

How is it "humiliating" her if it's true she was wearing a t-shirt of a skeleton, which he produced the photo of? He was stating a fact. It shows complete dissonance or empathy towards the murdered women in her father's case. That's what I see him pointing out. MOO.
I don't think it is okay to hold a press conference to publicly denounce someone's clothing and artwork. I do expect that others think it's fine.

jmo

edited to add....without any evidence that a crime was committed by the person who wears distasteful clothes.

Shannan Gilbert's mother screamed till she had no voice left. NO one would listen to her. Ex cop Burke still had the reigns. And a tight hold.

She was beside herself. John Ray listened AND fought for her.

Mari, Shannan Mom, understood that one way of finding at least a shred of meaning in the loss of her daughter was that her disappearance led to the discovery of those four other women.

AND without Shannan there would be no case, and without John Ray there would be no search for the killer.

"She understood that very well, and I believe she found some redemption in that idea: that Shannan’s loss helped others learn the truth.”

Sad, sad sad. The article and the additional embedded article are simply devastatingly sad.....

Why, WHY would you assume that Ray has access to information LE doesn't? This assumption that he's the final word over LE, who have far more resources at their disposal is really concerning.
We don't think that- at least I don't.

The difference is that John Ray is reliably on the side of fact finding.

Local LE has been mixed, with a history of corruption. This is not to detract from the fact that LE did super work, especially under Commissioner Harrison and the task force he pulled together.

No matter what was going on in local LE. John Ray had steadfastly supported solving this case. That doesn't mean he has more information or resources- it only means he is more reliably going to continue to advocate for using that information.

For example, John Ray has brought important witnesses to our attention after the same witnesses were ignored by Crime Stoppers. (Official tip line.) that means, LE had access first, but wouldn't address the information.

John Ray gadflew it into public view. Maybe that angered local LE, but in fairness, they were the ones who ignored the information.

MOO

I don't think it is okay to hold a press conference to publicly denounce someone's clothing and artwork. I do expect that others think it's fine.

jmo

edited to add....without any evidence that a crime was committed by the person who wears distasteful clothes.
Nah... that is lame reasoning for sure.

exposing a possible serial killer wanna be in the making tho?? there is the likelihood.

Inner depraved thought processes are expressed in those 'artworks'
that show a striking similarity to her serial killer fathers brutality and handiwork.
coincidence?? slim to none. IMO

Can't see this be hushed away as a nothing burger.

MOO

We don't think that- at least I don't.

The difference is that John Ray is reliably on the side of fact finding.

Local LE has been mixed, with a history of corruption. This is not to detract from the fact that LE did super work, especially under Commissioner Harrison and the task force he pulled together.

No matter what was going on in local LE. John Ray had steadfastly supported solving this case. That doesn't mean he has more information or resources- it only means he is more reliably going to continue to advocate for using that information.

For example, John Ray has brought important witnesses to our attention after the same witnesses were ignored by Crime Stoppers. (Official tip line.) that means, LE had access first, but wouldn't address the information.

John Ray gadflew it into public view. Maybe that angered local LE, but in fairness, they were the ones who ignored the information.

MOO
bring it!!
EXPOSE IT!!!
JR is shaking it up :cool:

sing it from the rooftops!

too much hush hush bs goes on.

All John Ray's press conference has done is made me side eye my graphic novel collection and wonder if someone will ever be calling me a cannibal one day. The Killing Joke alone should land me in a padded room according to John Ray!
Also, I will be "walking amongst us" with my gothy black clothes later and just letting ya'll know, I don't plan on hurting anyone. I just need some oat milk. Don't judge me.

Anyone else pick up the irony of John Ray and his circus ringmaster attire (I dig it!) trying to hint we should be judging others on their clothing choices?
For that matter, tattoo artists and their human canvasses should all be considered as pretty suss. I personally know a LOT of people with gnarly tattoos and artwork. I don't know a single tattoo artist who doesn't have a skull in his/her portfolio.

The internet wasn't a "thing" when I was a kid. As an angsty teen struggling through feelings I couldn't understand and growing up in a small Vermont town, I did draw and write poetry that was pretty dark at times (think EAPoe on steroids). Once I had access to the internet, I would stumble across things while surfing the web and find myself on some very "questionable" sites out of pure morbid curiosity. I mean, the hype around the Faces of Death VHS tapes alone was huge, and I wanted to see what it was all about.

Suffice it to say, I've neither killed nor dined upon anyone to date. I was just a conflicted kid distracting myself from my own inner turmoil and trying to seek others who could relate.

I can't imagine that RH was an easy man to grow up with (based on feedback from his former colleagues in interviews), but maybe his parenting was deficient or demeaning in some way to VH. Could she have been traumatized in her childhood?

Or, could it just be that she's from a generation that sees the world around her crumbling (war, crime, doomscrolling)? It could be as simple as her having emotions she was struggling to deal with or work through—ultimately expressing them through art/art appreciation. From what I gathered during yesterday's presser, she didn't generate much of what Ray produced from her now-deleted Tumblr account but either liked or shared/posted the works of others that she resonated with. Of those art pieces she did create, as a woman and victim of sexual assault myself, I think many different interpretations could be made based on the life experiences of the person/people viewing.

Some of my own thoughts and opinions.

jmo

The press conference was about so much more than someone's clothing though.
We do want all facts to be uncovered in this case, right?
I see the press conference as exposing the persona of a family member of a SK, as well as the potential implication of that persona.
The implication here is astonishing.
How can the daughter of a SK be so attracted to art that depicts torture, degradation of women and murder in a similar way that her own father is now charged with.
MOO.

The press conference was about so much more than someone's clothing though.
We do want all facts to be uncovered in this case, right?
I see the press conference as exposing the persona of a family member of a SK, as well as the potential implication of that persona.
The implication here is astonishing.
How can the daughter of a SK be so attracted to art that depicts torture, degradation of women and murder in a similar way that her own father is now charged with.
MOO.
Yeah I too am struggling with a pass here.
Its not just pretty skulls and cross bones like 99% off the tattooed population have.

We are talking about extreme violence and torturous deprivation.
Her father likes it too.
and.....Her father is a serial killer.... who did exactly those things depicted.

That is the problem. AND ITS A BIG ONE.

MOO

Suffolk County PD had let the cases of the Gilgo Beach and other women go cold. It was ongoing pressure from JR and other members of the public that finally resulted in bringing in a new leader to form a task force made up of other LE agencies in addition to Suffolk PD. After 13 years of delays, the case was solved in several weeks time when an officer found an old tip in the files that hadn't been investigated

JR and the victims family members continued to raise a lot of "awareness" about these cold cases.

If you have the time, you might want to go back and read some of the old news articles about all the problems with the LE running the investigation into these murders. Some ended up being tried for crimes. IIRC, some are still in jail or prison.

Betty..... thanks, thanks for bringing this article from summer 2023 back up.
I remember how "sick" I felt reading about the corruption and missed clues, last year.

Rereading it now brings the same feelings. yuck.

Yeah I too am struggling with a pass here.
Its not just pretty skulls and cross bones like 99% off the tattooed population have.

We are talking about extreme violence and torturous deprivation.
Her father likes it too.
and.....Her father is a serial killer.... who did exactly those things depicted.

That is the problem. AND ITS A BIG ONE.

MOO

<modsnip>

JRs got a whole couple hundred thousand people he needs to start investigating ... STAT IMO.

Edit to add: and none of the images displayed in the presser accurately reflect any of her father's known crime scenes ... cannibalism? Necrophelia? None of those allegations have yet been levelled again RH. A photo from a TV series? IMO - not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member