Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was interesting about "belief" is that LP said that "she believes she had sex with RH".
As much as I want her claims to be true about Karen Vergata I don't get how someone can remember all she claims to and not remember for certain if she did or didn't have sex with him.
My first impression of her saying that was that perhaps she was a SW and this was one night of countless group encounters. She might not remember the sex but remembers violence or a crying and running naked woman.

I'm not in the habit of telling grown ups how to spend their time, and that was not the point I was trying to make at all. LE can, and should, vet any and all information they deem relevant. But until they are able to actually charge RH with the murder of Karen Vergata , a sworn affidavit is pretty meaningless.

IMO
I'm sorry, but could you please explain this to me.

A witness saw a known murder victim in the home of a 6 time accused murderer, accused of murdering in that home. She was naked and afraid.

The witness is willing to state this under penalty of perjury.

Further, the witness's boy friend is known to LE. The witness has been vetted by the Commissioner of Suffolk County Police Department.

How could this be meaningless? It is much more reliable than if, for example, the witness only stated this in the media. And we sleuth on media reports all the time.

This is much better information than we usually have to work with. I am perplexed that this can be dismissed as "meaningless."

MOO

i don't think i am saying anything new here, but how this is all developing to be (somehow) darker and darker, i am finding myself increasingly bone-chilled by RH's zoning specialty. i'll explain

RH allegedly kept the victims for days and made a call to melissa’s sister,“I just killed your sister and I’m going to watch her body rot.” I believe he returned to the victims, especially the G4. imo he wrapped them in burlap to slow decomposition.

now for the zoning part, ocean parkway is extremely desolate at night. we know RH placed the bodies close together in a secluded spot (between wantagh pkwy and robert moses) so he could see headlights from a mile away in either direction. this would give him time with the bodies while watching for cars.

fyi also, someone found that a rare bird started nesting there, making the beach off-limits to people. these are the little things zoning experts know all about and why he was a subject matter expert. also the NYS DEC monitored piping plovers on that beach since 1998, making parts of it inaccessible.

I wonder how difficult and how much time it would take LE officers to verify info contained in the affidavits obtained by JR? 'Seems quite difficult but I don't really know.
They don't owe us the results of their vetting. But Harrison implied he vetted the swinger witness.

It does seem like some of the recent search of Rex's house was based on that witness's information, being that they took paint chips and a window that seemed related.

MOO

I wonder how difficult and how much time it would take LE officers to verify info contained in the affidavits obtained by JR? 'Seems quite difficult but I don't really know.
John Ray said that Harrison spoke with the Taxi witness and 2 detectives spoke with LP the swinger and they knew who the ex NYC narc boyfriend is and I don't remember if it was then that it was said they did make contact with him but Ray later on said that the ex-boyfriend did have a history that lines up with LP's claims, guess he meant swinging and Ray said he came from Springfield Gardens, Queens NY,

Harrison was aware what the outcomes were after speaking with the 2 women and obviously felt comfortable enough to appear with Ray;

Another poster here had also pointed to Harrison knowing that there may be those that refuse to contact LE with info about RH and they should then contact Ray.

i understand anyone having pause about JR. you have to walk a tight line of being respectful, fair, aggressive in your search for the truth, but sensitive to all sort of road blocks etc etc and he doesn't always get it right... but i remember at JR's last presser about the swinger stuff and who was standing right beside him.

View attachment 509881
Amen.

Do you remember Rodney Harrison saying that LE hadn't thoroughly vetted all the information at that point ? I ask in all sincerity, because many people don't seem to recall that at all.
I remember that quite clearly I also know that Harrison was comfortable enough to go ahead with being at the presser when these 2 witnesses were being discussed by Ray.

John Ray also showed up not long after the DA did to RH's house while LE were extracting things from the house last week.

He is not only Shannan Gilbert family's lawyer, but a lawyer for other victims of RH.

That said. John Ray made it clear Gilbert didn't get lost in a swamp and died. Her neck was broken BEFORE she was found in the swamp and had a hole drilled through her head

Never heard about the hole in her head before yuk!

My first impression of her saying that was that perhaps she was a SW and this was one night of countless group encounters. She might not remember the sex but remembers violence or a crying and running naked woman.
She wasn't a sex worker. But she said she was into a swinging life style with a lot of sex. Sex can be mundane. (Sex with Rex? I think I'd repress that memory in record time!)

She recalls being rejected for sex, though. The rejection was memorable. Maybe the reason she thinks she had sex with Rex is because rejection would have stuck with her.

I wonder if she was aware that Karen was a sex worker, and I wonder if Karen was paid or "just friends," that night. I get why any $$$ transaction might not be in the affadavit, though. It doesn't add to the story, and could incriminate the witness or her bf.

MOO

She wasn't a sex worker. But she said she was into a swinging life style with a lot of sex. Sex can be mundane. (Sex with Rex? I think I'd repress that memory in record time!)

She recalls being rejected for sex, though. The rejection was memorable. Maybe the reason she thinks she had sex with Rex is because rejection would have stuck with her.

I wonder if she was aware that Karen was a sex worker, and I wonder if Karen was paid or "just friends," that night. I get why any $$$ transaction might not be in the affadavit, though. It doesn't add to the story, and could incriminate the witness or her bf.

MOO
A biggy for LE investigating Karen would be seeing if the ex-narc boyfriend ever arrested her or used her as an informer etc.

They have his name and LP said that KV just got out of jail and was hungry and dirty(?).
Feb.14th was the last anyone ever heard from her, she called her dad for his birthday then she dropped out of sight.

So it's not out of the picture for a swinging narc to know when a sex worker is getting released from custody, picks her up and takes her to swing with him and his girlfriend LP.

To me that is the connection that could be crucial if there is one,

Not caught up, hopefully not a repost..
'Jun 12, 2024 #rexheuermann #gilgobeach #banfield
In 2022, Realtor Antoine Amira interviewed Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann, the man who is accused of killing six women. During the interview, Heuermann describes his favorite tool as a cabinet maker’s hammer. Behavioral analysts and body language expert Scott Rouse joins NewsNation's "Banfield" to decode Heuermann's body language.'
Heuermann participated in one event at Peconic River Sportsman's Club the day before victim Jessica Taylor disappeared. Heuermann was charged with her murder on June 6. CBS New York's Carolyn Gusoff reports.

Observation: normal people can't even fathom this sort of life. Publicly a family and businessman, privately a serial killer.

We can imagine fear of getting caught but IMO we're wrong again. I don't think RH has fear. In fact, I think if anything there's an aspect of superiority. Gloating.

Just another layer of sickening to add to innumerable layers of sickening.

JMO

ITA his smug look in court makes me think it's all a game to him and while in shock that they added two new charges, his only concern really is trying to figure out how he screwed up and how he can get out of it IMO

no offense taken! :) that had honestly slipped my mind and that's a good point. optically i think they wanted to emphasize their strategy of investigating every angle
In all honesty, I came away from that press conference feeling like Harrison had been ambushed. Maybe that's simply because I have so much respect for Harrison that I just refuse to believe that he would make what, in my opinion, was such a colossal mistake. There is just no way I can wrap my head around the notion that he intended unvetted info to be released in a press conference.

But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member