Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HK could also represent “Human Kills,” in which case, I wonder if RH also kept - and perhaps did NOT delete - documents in which he recorded his success or plans for improvement in other types of hunts - such as AK (Animal Kills) or WK (Wildlife Kills or Waterfowl Kills).
I was thinking “Home Kills”, as I don’t see him only killing people in his own house.

Reminder of Asa's track record...kind of

Filed for divorce, possibly stopped it.
Was going to sell the house
Stayed instead.
Double flipped off the media.
Peacock signing.
She insisted her hubby was “not capable” of carrying out the four murders and that she was giving him “the benefit of the doubt.”
Says she will decide after evidence is presented in court.
She says that if Heuermann did commit the murders he was "living a double life" she knew nothing about it.
She posts a sign to LE and others "do not trespass."

And lest we forget the affidavit.

The first witness, Ray said, went to Heuermann’s house for a sex party in February 1996 with her boyfriend, who was a cop, and Vergata. Heuermann’s wife, Asa Ellerup, was at the house when they arrived, the witness said in an affidavit. The witness said that Vergata went downstairs and that Heuermann and her boyfriend vanished for a while. During that time, she spoke with Ellerup, who said that Heuermann had “brought her from her country and that everything she had, he has given her,” the affidavit states.

Except that's not true. Asa's been in the US since she was very young. She may have even been born here. My memory is fuzzy on that. So that makes this account unreliable, to me.

I have to agree (sans the "bit crazy"). :)

1) IMO AE turned a blind eye to all of RH's sick addictions.
2) Cadaver "coffee book" on the kitchen table surely needs explained.
3) AE's pay off could have been "RH's coercive control" - "you get a holiday wifey and I get SW"
4) That makes AE complicit to some degree?
5) "an open marriage"

As we still don't have clarification whether the Divorce happened or not.

All IMO
Sorry, but there's no factual evidence to suggest that she was complicit.

WH, William Heuermann grandfather, but also a William Heuermann is uncle of RH. The belt initials.

"HK." I've got no idea what it is, probably the hunt-kill, but interesting that William Heuermann had a daughter, Claire Heuermann Ketchum, she was buried in Arlington National Cemetery with deceased husband Valentine Terry Ketchum even though after his death, she had another marriage. Her obituary lists her in Potomac, MD. Her father-in-law (from when she was married to Ketchum) had roots in Kings County, Brooklyn, and her husband's grandfather, another Valentine Terry Ketchum, died in Lynbrook in 1940. Her second marriage is showing in Fairfax, VA.

Kind of interesting. But we really don't know which relatives RH gravitated towards. I've seen potential travel for MD and VA for RH. Here's VA: "Heuermann's mother, Dolores, had relocated to Palmyra, Virginia in 1994. His connection to this area is now shining the spotlight on cold cases that could link back to the alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer."
Here's Maryland in his original bail application doc: "Based upon cellular telephone billing records, on June 4, 2010, the cellular telephone subscribed to by Defendant Heuermann’s wife traveled from New York to Maryland."

Last edited:
In all honesty, I came away from that press conference feeling like Harrison had been ambushed. Maybe that's simply because I have so much respect for Harrison that I just refuse to believe that he would make what, in my opinion, was such a colossal mistake. There is just no way I can wrap my head around the notion that he intended unvetted info to be released in a press conference.

But that's just me.
Interesting take. Harrison left the task force not long afterward, though that could be completely unrelated, idk. I found it very strange that he was there, essentially playing second fiddle when he is not a second-fiddle player in this.

As for the affidavit itself, I will let time tell.

jmo

Interesting take. Harrison left the task force not long afterward, though that could be completely unrelated, idk. I found it very strange that he was there, essentially playing second fiddle when he is not a second-fiddle player in this.

As for the affidavit itself, I will let time tell.

jmo
My impression, at the time, of that presser with J Ray and R Harrison was that Harrison had already decided to “retire” from the task force. It seemed that he was now going to go off the official playbook and introduce an issue that he had tried to pursue but perhaps had been stymied on. At this point he may have felt free to bring the issue of SC investigators previously interfering or deliberately ignoring leads.

My impression, at the time, of that presser with J Ray and R Harrison was that Harrison had already decided to “retire” from the task force. It seemed that he was now going to go off the official playbook and introduce an issue that he had tried to pursue but perhaps had been stymied on. At this point he may have felt free to bring the issue of SC investigators previously interfering or deliberately ignoring leads.
I was thinking he was there to show support for witnesses to come forward - that they will be taken seriously and if they don't want to talk to LE, they can talk to Ray.

But, I still find it odd, tbh.

jmo

Probably meaning Amityville which is the next town over imo
73973711-13029469-Vergata_s_legs_were_found_in_a_plastic_bag_at_Davis_Park_on_Fire-a-2_1706801928461.jpg

Yes he does, but he hadn't seen any of the new evidence yet.
Regardless, Brown is the "Defense" Attorney in this case.

Despite whatever his personal thoughts on guilt/innocence may be, he is simply going to "defend" his client publicly and in court. That's his job. To do anything different could & would be construed as "ineffective counsel". Being the 'victim' of "Ineffective Counsel" has caused numerous convictions for murder and other crimes to be overturned by the courts.

Let him DO his job. Don't take him doing that personally.

Let the prosecution do theirs.

In all honesty, I came away from that press conference feeling like Harrison had been ambushed. Maybe that's simply because I have so much respect for Harrison that I just refuse to believe that he would make what, in my opinion, was such a colossal mistake. There is just no way I can wrap my head around the notion that he intended unvetted info to be released in a press conference.

But that's just me.
Ambushed? Harrison had a long and successful career as an intelligent law enforcement professional by making critical decisions ongoing throughout his career. This was a planned and detailed press conference that I'm certain Harrison thought out thoroughly before agreeing to participate in. I find it insulting to his character and legacy that you'd declare he made a colossal mistake by standing with a lawyer who has being fighting for justice for these women for decades.
MOO.

i am honestly not trying to make light of anything but i'm curious to who writes a press release like this other than a tech savvy teen in 2001? that font color is OFFENSIVE
An older person just discovering the different fonts and colors? Or perhaps attempting to look "hip" or cool? Speaking from personal experience here. ;) I kinda went wild when I first made the discoveries.

Yes, I agree with everything you've said here! It takes planning and time to retire. Forms to be filled out, dates to be determined. Harrison took a stand and I respect him for it. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717