Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would JR know if indeed VH erased/deleted other accounts she had on social media?

If she did delete accounts then why did she if she had images posted/liked etc and they were just normal gore that some teens are attracted to?

How would JR know if indeed VH erased/deleted other accounts she had on social media?

If she did delete accounts then why did she if she had images posted/liked etc and they were just normal gore that some teens are attracted to?
I can’t speak for her, of course, but I’m guessing she hoped to preserve some privacy, and probably knew that people would pick apart anything they saw. There were people camping outside her house. I’m guessing she wanted some distance of some kind. JMO of course.

For that matter, tattoo artists and their human canvasses should all be considered as pretty suss. I personally know a LOT of people with gnarly tattoos and artwork. I don't know a single tattoo artist who doesn't have a skull in his/her portfolio.

The internet wasn't a "thing" when I was a kid. As an angsty teen struggling through feelings I couldn't understand and growing up in a small Vermont town, I did draw and write poetry that was pretty dark at times (think EAPoe on steroids). Once I had access to the internet, I would stumble across things while surfing the web and find myself on some very "questionable" sites out of pure morbid curiosity. I mean, the hype around the Faces of Death VHS tapes alone was huge, and I wanted to see what it was all about.

Suffice it to say, I've neither killed nor dined upon anyone to date. I was just a conflicted kid distracting myself from my own inner turmoil and trying to seek others who could relate.

I can't imagine that RH was an easy man to grow up with (based on feedback from his former colleagues in interviews), but maybe his parenting was deficient or demeaning in some way to VH. Could she have been traumatized in her childhood?

Or, could it just be that she's from a generation that sees the world around her crumbling (war, crime, doomscrolling)? It could be as simple as her having emotions she was struggling to deal with or work through—ultimately expressing them through art/art appreciation. From what I gathered during yesterday's presser, she didn't generate much of what Ray produced from her now-deleted Tumblr account but either liked or shared/posted the works of others that she resonated with. Of those art pieces she did create, as a woman and victim of sexual assault myself, I think many different interpretations could be made based on the life experiences of the person/people viewing.

Some of my own thoughts and opinions.

Skulls are commonplace in tattoo art but is a dismembered woman's torso common though?
There's a difference between cool, rock n' roll rebellious spooky art with skulls and torture *advertiser censored*. I think most people have seen pirate flags with skulls are no longer shocked by just a symbol of a skull and crossbones, but dismemberment is still extreme to the average person even artists.
I love horror films, art, and music and do not care if anyone chooses to wear alt. skull tees, but in the light of what her father is accused of, might be NOT the best choice of a tee to be seen in public.
Nothing is inherently wrong with a black tee shirt with a green skeleton but in context, it's a bit odd. The families of the victims see this.
It's possible VK is clueless and honestly thinks her Dad is innocent so wore the t-shirt not caring what anyone thinks. I'm not going to judge her solely on her t-shirt, or even her taste in subversive art.

If RH loved to regale people with gross stories about his hunting exploits (is he really talking about bears?!), then he might well be doing the same with his family ad nauseum.
If you grew up listening to that kind of banter (not the hunting itself, but delight in the aftermath) it might encourage and normalize an interest in such imagery, especially for the artistically inclined. imo, speculation, fwiw.
''Accused Gilgo Beach killer Rex Heuermann reveled in telling underlings how he stalked and butchered animals''

''Shell said co-workers “described how he gushed about his bear-hunting trips in particular: baiting an area and lying in wait.''

“More than once, he gleefully described the process of dressing the game, seeming to delight in grossing his employees out,” Shell wrote.''

I think Rex was describing his hunt for women but hid it as a more acceptable form of hunting. he is a sadist. Most hunters won't describe their hunts in detail when others are uncomfortable.

The real objectification of women is seen in the sexualized, mutilated women produced by both the SK in real life and by his daughter in images. If you want to understand the artist, you have to look at his painting.

People seem to be forgetting. Victoria did not create any of the art that John Ray blew up and placed on poster boards. Not a single one. She follows accounts and those accounts have posted those images on their own pages. Example: I'm guessing some of you follow other crime threads on Websleuths? Imagine I were to hold you to opinions that another poster has posted in one of those threads and say "well, you follow that thread so therefor you must agree with that person". Of course not all of us agree with everything everyone else says and you might not have even seen every comment in all of those other threads you follow. No matter though. You must now be held accountable for all of it and it now reflects on you. That is what John Ray did yesterday. It doesn't look like VH has posted in over 4 years. The images he shared seem to be posted in the time since she publicly appears to have been last active. Do we even know she has seen that stuff? I don't. All we know is that she follows the accounts. A "follow" is not an endorsement.

The one piece of art that she created herself, John Ray kept to a small paper printout in his hand and didn't show it for long. VH left a disclaimer on that piece of artwork saying she painted it with inspiration from Francis Bacon. Francis Bacon is an artist that hangs in the MoMA, the Tate in London, museums in Vienna and all over the world. There are countless books on Francis Bacon. VH went to art school. As did I. I don't know what her classes were but I know that part of being classically trained includes studying classic artists and creating works in their style.

I can't help but feel slightly sad that John Ray, a man who fights tirelessly for a woman, Shannan Gilbert, who was thought so little of because of what she choose to do for a living, wants us all now to judge a woman on clothes she probably grabbed in haste as her vacated her hoarded house as it was being searched by police. There was a reason that the families of both Jessica Taylor and Shannan Gilbert made sure the public was aware they didn't stand with that presser yesterday. That says a lot to me. John Ray basically put them in a position where they very delicately had to almost align with their family members killer's daughter. That is a strange and unfortunate place to put them in.

I am still trying to figure out where John Ray was trying to lead us all with that presser. It just doesn't sit right with me. Not yet at least.

Last edited:
Didn't the WS owner state on yt yesterday that she owned that book? It is something that some true crime buffs might be interested in.
I also own a copy of that book. For me the interest was in the study of crime scenes. Is the book graphic ? Yes. Would I display it in a public place in my home ? Absolutely not. But in the end...a book is a book is a book, imo.

The artwork is very disturbing
. I'm wondering if she had any similar fantasies to her father.
Most people do not act on those fantasies like Rex did. But would she at some point?
What if these are Rex accounts and he used his daughters name to create these accounts?
It's very eerie that the woman's breaststroke are mutilated on the photo and that what alot of the *advertiser censored* the detectives found that Rex liked and the victims had done to them. You can't deny the similarities.

And the table being used in the artwork to dismember the body? His notes mentioned a table and bracing the table

There's alot of similarities

But again, what if this was really Rex and not Victoria??

It might be a psychological reaction, her way of dealing with her father's arrest and learning of his crimes, but it's very sad and hurtful towards his victims. She probably doesn't realize that.
Or it was just the first thing she pulled out of her drawer. She was obviously a goth kid, that was her wardrobe. It's absolutely nuts for anyone to take offense at it and attack her. Beyond belief.

I also own a copy of that book. For me the interest was in the study of crime scenes. Is the book graphic ? Yes. Would I display it in a public place in my home ? Absolutely not. But in the end...a book is a book is a book, imo.
I think its a combination of so many things together
The artwork, website, images, the book. Their similarities to Rex's notes , his internet histories and the actual mutilation to the victims (dismemberment, breats mutilated, a torture table in his planning notes) matching some artwork

Was vh exposed to these types of images by her dad? Did he abuse her?
Did Rex create these accounts under his daughter's name, so as not to draw attention to himself by law enforcement? Part of hiding his crimes?
I don't know that I buy in as her being an accomplice, but its no doubt disturbing why was she looking at it, or what may have happened to her? Or was it her dad and not her?

Sincere answer: The purpose was to draw attention to the absurdity of acting like housemates of Rex Heuermann would have no valuable information to share.

They are witnesses. Especially AE. And, as evidenced by her art, especially VH now.
MOO

Let me say this one more time.

Ray HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE REST OF THE FAMILY HAS SHARED WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT. It isn't up to him to imply that they aren't cooperating. He simply isn't privileged to know that.

Interference like this from an uninformed outsider is reckless, period. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
For that matter, tattoo artists and their human canvasses should all be considered as pretty suss. I personally know a LOT of people with gnarly tattoos and artwork. I don't know a single tattoo artist who doesn't have a skull in his/her portfolio.

The internet wasn't a "thing" when I was a kid. As an angsty teen struggling through feelings I couldn't understand and growing up in a small Vermont town, I did draw and write poetry that was pretty dark at times (think EAPoe on steroids). Once I had access to the internet, I would stumble across things while surfing the web and find myself on some very "questionable" sites out of pure morbid curiosity. I mean, the hype around the Faces of Death VHS tapes alone was huge, and I wanted to see what it was all about.

Suffice it to say, I've neither killed nor dined upon anyone to date. I was just a conflicted kid distracting myself from my own inner turmoil and trying to seek others who could relate.

I can't imagine that RH was an easy man to grow up with (based on feedback from his former colleagues in interviews), but maybe his parenting was deficient or demeaning in some way to VH. Could she have been traumatized in her childhood?

Or, could it just be that she's from a generation that sees the world around her crumbling (war, crime, doomscrolling)? It could be as simple as her having emotions she was struggling to deal with or work through—ultimately expressing them through art/art appreciation. From what I gathered during yesterday's presser, she didn't generate much of what Ray produced from her now-deleted Tumblr account but either liked or shared/posted the works of others that she resonated with. Of those art pieces she did create, as a woman and victim of sexual assault myself, I think many different interpretations could be made based on the life experiences of the person/people viewing.

Some of my own thoughts and opinions.
Probably the same for VH. IF her father wasn't viewing the same x rated gore and then acting it out in your family basement.
But he was.

It is probably a small percentage of teens, young adults that would be looking at and sharing these types of gory and some also gory and sexual images. That just so happen to match Dads internet histories and actual mutilation to victims

Then people might second guess your book collection

A book collection is mild compared to these images. I can imagine what was deleted

But maybe it was her Dada account using her name to avoid detection?

Or worse,was she abused by Rex to any degree and shown these types of images and videos?

I think its a combination of so many things together
The artwork, website, images, the book. Their similarities to Rex's notes , his internet histories and the actual mutilation to the victims (dismemberment, breats mutilated, a torture table in his planning notes) matching some artwork

Was vh exposed to these types of images by her dad? Did he abuse her?
Did Rex create these accounts under his daughter's name, so as not to draw attention to himself by law enforcement? Part of hiding his crimes?
I don't know that I buy in as her being an accomplice, but its no doubt disturbing why was she looking at it, or what may have happened to her? Or was it her dad and not her?
I don't know the answer to any of the questions, but I do know that a random search of my computer would reveal some incredibly shocking things if taken out of context. And since random people on the internet know absolutely nothing about me as a person, I would assume that their thoughts/feelings/opinions would be taken out of context. I can't even begin to imagine how traumatizing all of this information on her father's " activities " must have been for VH. Nor do I know the first thing about her as a person. I choose to view the woman with kindness and empathy because publicly tearing her down does absolutely NOTHING to help any of these victims find the justice they deserve. All it does is help create another victim of RH.

That is just my own personal opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah I too am struggling with a pass here.
Its not just pretty skulls and cross bones like 99% off the tattooed population have.

We are talking about extreme violence and torturous deprivation.
Her father likes it too.
and.....Her father is a serial killer.... who did exactly those things depicted.

That is the problem. AND ITS A BIG ONE.

MOO
I agree

People seem to be forgetting. Victoria did not create any of the art that John Ray blew up and placed on poster boards. Not a single one. She follows accounts and those accounts have posted those images on their own pages. Example: I'm guessing some of you follow other crime threads on Websleuths? Imagine I were to hold you to opinions that another poster has posted in one of those threads and say "well, you follow that thread so therefor you must agree with that person". Of course not all of us agree with everything everyone else says and you might not have even seen every comment in all of those other threads you follow. No matter though. You must now be held accountable for all of it and it now reflects on you. That is what John Ray did yesterday. It doesn't look like VH has posted in over 4 years. The images he shared seem to be posted in the time since she publicly appears to have been last active. Do we even know she has seen that stuff? I don't. All we know is that she follows the accounts. A "follow" is not an endorsement.

The one piece of art that she created herself, John Ray kept to a small paper printout in his hand and didn't show it for long. VH left a disclaimer on that piece of artwork saying she painted it with inspiration from Francis Bacon. Francis Bacon is an artist that hangs in the MoMA, the Tate in London, museums in Vienna and all over the world. There are countless books on Francis Bacon. VH went to art school. As did I. I don't know what her classes were but I know that part of being classically trained includes studying classic artists and creating works in their style.

I can't help but feel slightly sad that John Ray, a man who fights tirelessly for a woman, Shannan Gilbert, who was thought so little of because of what she choose to do for a living, wants us all now to judge a woman on clothes she probably grabbed in haste as her vacated her hoarded house as it was being searched by police. There was a reason that the families of both Jessica Taylor and Shannan Gilbert made sure the public was aware they didn't stand with that presser yesterday. That says a lot to me. John Ray basically put them in a position where they very delicately had to almost align with their family members killer's daughter. That is a strange and unfortunate place to put them in.

I am still trying to figure out where John Ray was trying to lead us all with that presser. It just doesn't sit right with me. Not yet at least.
He was leading us to information.

Nobody is forgetting that VH didn't make that art.

That she didn't make it is irrelevant.

VH is a witness. It seemed obvious being that she lived there. It seems more obvious now that we know she was taking in art resembling LISK crime scenes.

MOO

I don't know the answer to any of the questions, but I do know that a random search of my computer would reveal some incredibly shocking things if taken out of context. And since random people on the internet know absolutely nothing about me as a person, I would assume that their thoughts/feelings/opinions would be taken out of context. I can't even begin to imagine how traumatizing all of this information on her father's " activities " must have been for VH. Nor do I know the first thing about her as a person. I choose to view the woman with kindness and sympathy because publicly tearing her down does absolutely NOTHING to help any of these victims find the justice they deserve. All it does is help create another victim of RH.

That is just my own personal opinion.
I agree that her fathers alleged activities must be traumatic.

MOO

He was leading us to information.

Nobody is forgetting that VH didn't make that art.

That she didn't make it is irrelevant.

VH is a witness. It seemed obvious being that she lived there. It seems more obvious now that we know she was taking in art resembling LISK crime scenes.

MOO
Do you know that VH isn't completely cooperating with LE ? If you found out that she was, would it change your view of her to any degree ?

Cooperate how? What could a young woman that was a child when her father committed his crimes possibly have to help the investigation?
I imagine she could help corroborate dates, vacations, etc. etc. I really have no earthly clue what questions LE might have for VH that could be of possible relevance to this case. But the point I was really trying to make is that none of us (including John Ray) have any idea of the extent of her cooperation with LE. There seems to be an assumption among some that she's hiding something, or worse, actively involved in something. I see zero evidence of that at all.

JMO

Last edited:
I wonder if the whole family were fans of Hannibal, the way my family was really into Sherlock and Breaking Bad. We shared references to the shows and had fun making popcorn and watching together. What if we had all found out my husband, their dad, was actually a meth dealer just like Walter White?

Two of my kids were really into Hannibal. I watched it years after they did and found it to be a work of art, really psychologically complex and strangely beautiful, but also deeply disturbing. I'm still haunted by it. My kids were both on Tumblr and I'm sure those images are fan art--at least the Hannibal one is--Tumblr is mostly re-blogging fan art from favorite shows.

Maybe VH thought her dad liked this stuff as a fan would--and they shared that together and then she finds out he's an actual serial killer. What a horrific twisted shock for her. Maybe RH was able to talk about disturbing things like this with the family and they all thought he was like them, a fan, but from his point of view he's actually living it. Then they find out he's actually the evil psychopath-monster in their favorite show. It's so twisted and horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy