Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

It's entirely possible that he viewed some women in certain ways due to their profession . Maybe even blamed them for his own deviant urges and actions. I'm not suggesting that that is the case, but if it is , I can easily see how he might be kind to women he viewed as " good girls ".

(Sorry if the language here is offensive to anyone. I don't know how else to put it really. )
This is the most interesting part. Can he feel empathy at all or does he just role-play? And if it’s the latter, does he even know what he’s doing - know that he switches?

IIRC I think AE and her kids were staying with her sister but shortly after the press found out she decided they should leave because she didn’t want the attention to disturb her elderly father, who lives with the sister full-time.
This is from July 18,2023,5 days after the arrest of RH.

"The sister-in-law of suspected serial killer Rex Heuermann says she has not seen his wife and does not know where she is.

Dr. Johanna Ellerup, a pharmacist who lives just seven miles from the Long Island home Heuermann shared with his wife, Asa Ellerup, and their two children, told DailyMail.com on Tuesday: 'We have not heard from her, we don't have an address for her. We don't know anything.'

She added that her father is elderly 'and this is overwhelming' for him."

IIRC I think AE and her kids were staying with her sister but shortly after the press found out she decided they should leave because she didn’t want the attention to disturb her elderly father, who lives with the sister full-time.
I recall that the press was intrusively photographing Rex's father-in-law through a window.

I don't remember if the press found the family there or just figured it was a likely location.

I remember that the sister expressed relief that an arrest was made, said that she hadn't seen it coming, that she wished for normalcy for her niece and nephew. She didn't particularly wish for normalcy for her sister, IIRC, she just said she was going through a unique difficult time. It stuck out to me that she had different statements about her sister than about her nephew and niece.

MOO

If ER is witness #3- perhaps she will be summoned to testify re: the timeframe between the late 1980s- the early 1990s. I would hope that anyone who lived in that house during the 80s, 90s and 2000s will be questioned and called as a witness, if appropriate.

"The sister-in-law of suspected serial killer Rex Heuermann says she has not seen his wife and does not know where she is.

Dr. Johanna Ellerup, a pharmacist who lives just seven miles from the Long Island home Heuermann shared with his wife, Asa Ellerup, and their two children, told DailyMail.com on Tuesday: 'We have not heard from her, we don't have an address for her. We don't know anything.'

I also read this as well:

I summarized the misspellings:

Spelling issue (corrected spelling in parentheses):

Miss-leaders (misleaders)
Platic (plastic)
Lie (lye)
Scaner (scanner)
Durn can (burn can)
Ratched cargo strap (rachet cargo strap)
Dumster (dumpster)
Distroy (destroy)
Drop clothes (drop cloths)
Distroy (destroy)
Platic bas (plastic bags)
Trace evendice (trace evidence)
Tatoos (tattoos)
Tourture (torture)
Creats problems (creates problems)
Hevey rope (heavy rope)
Tightend (tightened)
Originanized vs disoriginanized (organized vs disorganized)
Subtitution (substitution)
Muiltition = Disoriginanizeded (mutilation = disorganized)
Wow! That's a lot of spelling errors, almost every word.
Reminds me of how a child would spell or someone with an accent or first language not English.
I keyed these words/phrases into my dictation app on my phone and the only spelling mistake that came back was lye (lie) understandably. All the rest were spelled correctly. An app wouldn't have done very well on the market if it got so many words wrong imo, and likely wouldn't have made it to market in the first place imo.

Wow! That's a lot of spelling errors, almost every word.
Reminds me of how a child would spell or someone with an accent or first language not English.
I keyed these words/phrases into my dictation app on my phone and the only spelling mistake that came back was lye (lie) understandably. All the rest were spelled correctly. An app wouldn't have done very well on the market if it got so many words wrong imo, and likely wouldn't have made it to market in the first place imo.
Thinking back to the early days of Microsoft, spellcheck was available on Word docs or Microsoft Word Perfect. He either didn’t care to use it or didn’t know about it.

One might assume losing this wrongful death lawsuit in Nov 1993 (same month and yr as Sandra Costilla's death) filed by CR could have been a upsetting factor for RH and his family, maybe??

All these lawsuits related to CH from 1988 onwards makes me wonder who funded those attorney fees. Did CH come home to live with Mom upon his release in '90. I wonder if RH purchased the home, in part, so it wouldn't be lost to cover potential lawsuits.
MOO.

A comprehensive article about the planning document.

“This document is a killer. It’s better than a written or even videotaped confession because with those, any good lawyer on cross-examination can create issues of doubt,” said William Keahon, a Long Island defense lawyer and former chief of the homicide division in the Suffolk County district attorney’s office."
"Ms. Costilla’s death stands, for now, as the earliest killing that Mr. Heuermann has been charged with. Her 1993 death came shortly after his mother and a former companion of his moved out of the Massapequa Park house where he had lived his entire life."

One thing I wonder about is, how did he prevent the victims' hairs from being found in the house or transferred to other victim's bodies. Even though he had an apparent set-up with drop cloths and so on, he still needed to get them into his home through doors, and they were in his vehicles too. Someone mentioned they drove with him and his vehicle was littered with trash so it didn't seem he cleaned it.

MOO.

Siri wasn't invented until 2011. He wrote the document in 2002 or 2003 - I can't remember which.
Or using his big fingers on his Palm Pilot, or the tiny stylus pen. Could also, write on device w the stylus pen and it would convert/store as text … the Palm Pilot didn’t always convert your handwriting to text correctly but effective for note taking on a small device.
No idea if these bad spellings are related to his palm pilot notes, which he could sync w a laptop or pc.

I summarized the misspellings:

Spelling issue (corrected spelling in parentheses):

Miss-leaders (misleaders)
Platic (plastic)
Lie (lye)
Scaner (scanner)
Durn can (burn can)
Ratched cargo strap (rachet cargo strap)
Dumster (dumpster)
Distroy (destroy)
Distroy (destroy)
Platic bas (plastic bags)
Trace evendice (trace evidence)
Tatoos (tattoos)
Tourture (torture)
Creats problems (creates problems)
Hevey rope (heavy rope)
Tightend (tightened)
Originanized vs disoriginanized (organized vs disorganized)
Subtitution (substitution)
Muiltition = Disoriginanizeded (mutilation = disorganized)

Thanks. Helpful.
I do see some strange ones, but find most of them fast typing, with no auto correct, or any real reason to go back and correct, since personal.

I have big fingers , and self-motored thumbs.
Always sending apologies to my friends for my thumbs!! Ha.

Thanks for reposting , sometimes it is good to refresh with an old article to form new thoughts.

Thinking back to the early days of Microsoft, spellcheck was available on Word docs or Microsoft Word Perfect. He either didn’t care to use it or didn’t know about it.

As stated earlier, Dragon was very popular in the early 90s and we used to giggle at all the errors.

But we still found it fabulous. But I worked for big computer companies throughout my career, so we found anything new to be fabulous.
Now that I've seen the list of words I see some brain farts, but mostly just fast fat fingers and "who cares".

Note: and as I watch all my typing self-correct my fat fingers, I am so humbled with how far we've come.

I wonder if he was living at this address in 1989. does anyone know? Carmen Vargas' body was found in September 1989 with her ankles tied off the meadowbrook parkway less than a mile south of merrick road which is about a 1.5 mile drive from this address. she was very petite so would fit his type. she immediately popped into my mind when I saw this address (93 Bedell street Freeport NY)

I, too have wondered exactly where he was living at that time. With ER before marriage, on his own or at mama,'s??

I have thought on his own for a while, and think Fremont. Moo.
But feel confident he was at mom's a lot too.

Would be good to also know if Mom ever had a beau.... ????

I have not aggressively researched RH’s first wife or his family because I haven't wanted to invade their privacy. But what info I have run across suggests conflicting information about when his first wife moved out. When he was first arrested, no one seemed to be able to even confirm when the divorce was finalized, much less when they separated. Which seems strange because there should at least be a court record of the divorce.

As far as when and why RH moved back to Massapequa Park and why his his mother subsequently moved out, there could be any number of reasons. It could be that he moved back home because his mother had a medical event and needed someone in the home. Maybe moving to Massapequa Park and/or living with his mother was what ended this first marriage. Maybe after his wife moved out, RH and his mother fought over the dissolution if his marriage. Or it could be that he quickly discovered that he couldn't provide the care his mother needed. At any rate, his mother ended up at a senior living facility in Virginia (close to RH’s sister). At which point, RH bought the house.

But it could be any number of things that happened.
All my same thoughts as well.
THAT history is what we need to know.
Hopefully more will come through msm, but likely to stay hidden for the trial.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too have wondered exactly where he was living at that time. With ER before marriage, on his own or at mama,'s??

I have thought on his own for a while, and think Fremont. Moo.
But feel confident he was at mom's a lot too.

Would be good to also know if Mom ever had a beau.... ????

Fremont?

sorry I am terrible with keeping up with the posts on here :x I have issues focusing at times blah

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewhqouiqiuewr
Back