Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, didn't she file for divorce? Wasn't that their entire claim in the early days, before the money came rolling in?
yes, but i think that was to protect the assets, I have no idea what is going on there.

FWIW there is a difference between communications and testimonial privilege. Marital privilege ceases once a divorce is finalized however there are some exceptions afaik.
Thank you!

I really don't know how the spousal privilege works with this case. However, when a person lives with another for decades, they surely get to know their habits and idiosyncrasies. I don't believe for one moment she knew nothing about something out of the ordinary. It defies logic IMO.
It's hard to believe for sure, or at least didn't have a suspicion. I am still keeping my mind open to all possibilities, but def see your view too!!

FWIW there is a difference between communications and testimonial privilege. Marital privilege ceases once a divorce is finalized however there are some exceptions afaik.
I see just what you mean on this testimonial privilege. Seeing that with testimonial privilege in a criminal case, a former spouse can no longer invoke it. (!) Checking for exceptions/New York specifically. Not seeing many/any as of yet.

I see just what you mean on this testimonial privilege. Seeing that with testimonial privilege in a criminal case, a former spouse can no longer invoke it. (!) Checking for exceptions/New York specifically. Not seeing many/any as of yet.
Thank you!!!!

Disclaiming FWIW I'm not an expert whatsoever.

I assume that anything which occurs within the timeframe of the marriage would be protected by spousal privilege regardless the current status of their divorce proceedings. I believe this would also include any discussions, revelations or "discoveries" made by either party within the timeframe of the marriage (such as knowledge of "personal interests" etc). Again JMO etc.

Considering the fact that other properties have changed hands recently, I do have to wonder what that could mean for the future of this case. Whether the property outside NY has anything to do with RH crimes and if AE selling it off is any indication as to her level of knowledge, whether this could have an impact or affect the limitations of spousal privilege etc. JMO.

Disclaiming FWIW I'm not an expert whatsoever.

I assume that anything which occurs within the timeframe of the marriage would be protected by spousal privilege regardless the current status of their divorce proceedings. I believe this would also include any discussions, revelations or "discoveries" made by either party within the timeframe of the marriage (such as knowledge of "personal interests" etc). Again JMO etc.

Considering the fact that other properties have changed hands recently, I do have to wonder what that could mean for the future of this case. Whether the property outside NY has anything to do with RH crimes and if AE selling it off is any indication as to her level of knowledge, whether this could have an impact or affect the limitations of spousal privilege etc. JMO.
Invoking spousal privilege when it comes to a husband charged with serial killing over decades is a cowardly move IMO. No respect for keeping mum if a person can contribute any kind of knowledge towards a conviction for gruesome crimes. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back