Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the incredible thing is that both women have the same expressions on their faces despite the vastly different settings for the pics. lips are the same the noses are the same.

I realize that any match rate on these threads are low, but if these two women are not one in the same, I'd be shocked.

now for the bigger question, whatever happenened to the Alcala gal and/or WF? I did my best to find WF and there were no matches out there that struck me as likely. Mind you (not to brag) using every free search engine available and whatever public records searches I could access at ancestry.com, I found every missing member of my high school class for an upcoming reunion.

this does not mean that WF is dead. if she married in the mid 70's, her maiden name might be long gone from public records and without knowing names of immediate family members there is no cross reference to see who might be related to WF.

for what it is worth, I found the Washington Irving HS yearbook from 1970 with her picture. I scrolled through the whole book as I hoped there would be an index of names in the back with home addresses. there were no home addresses listed.

One other thing struck me as very unusual. I did not think there were any single sex public high schools around. every graduate from WIHS in 1970 was female. (I checked at Wikipedia and it says the school is now co-ed).

I suppose one of the few ways to try to find out anything about WF would be to try to find someone from the WIHS class of '70 to see if anyone remembers her. that might be too much of a stretch.

One other thing struck me as very unusual. I did not think there were any single sex public high schools around. every graduate from WIHS in 1970 was female. (I checked at Wikipedia and it says the school is now co-ed).

There are several single-gender high schools in lower Manhattan. (e.g., Xavier HS and Stuyvesant HS are all-male.)

YASBS.jpg

Carl,
Wow...great find. Love your logic...searching high schools near the college campus- very smart! If you PM me her name I will be glad to help as well. Are you thinking of contacting someone in her class?

Carl,
Wow...great find. Love your logic...searching high schools near the college campus- very smart! If you PM me her name I will be glad to help as well. Are you thinking of contacting someone in her class?

I PM'd you her name.

I've been going through Facebook trying to find Washington Irving HS Class of 70 alumni, but it seems you can only filter by school and not by graduating year.

The filter by graduating year option (in conjunction with the by-school option) used to be available in Facebook. But I cannot find that anymore.

Thanks! I know...I tried to filter by the graduating year as well and it didn't work, I loved that feature. Anyway...not sure how helpful this is but when I searched all results for Washington Irving High School, NY class of 1970 I got the following page
https://www.facebook.com/search.php...gh school, ny class of 1970&type=all&init=srp

It lists classmate.com pages for some of the WIHS alumni from 1970. These people have accounts...maybe you could send them an email :)

Carl,

I don't know if this will help, but here's the right pic, turned grayscale then the left pic at about 70%, rotated slightly and overlayed. I matched the eyes so they are almost exact. Of course, the two pics are at slightly different angles but even then the facial features, especially the mouth, are very close.

picture.php

picture.php

I found one WIHS Class of '70 alum in Facebook, and sent her a message. Her FB profile indicates that she is employed as a research analyst by "U.S. Probation", so I suspect that she might be receptive to my inquiry.

ETA: That overlay technique is quite difficult in this instance, because the photos are not comparable on either a vertical or horizontal plane.

I found one WIHS Class of '70 alum in Facebook, and sent her a message. Her FB profile indicates that she is employed as a research analyst by "U.S. Probation", so I suspect that she might be receptive to my inquiry.

ETA: That overlay technique is quite difficult in this instance, because the photos are not comparable on either a vertical or horizontal plane.

They're not, but the eyes line up distance wise as do the brows.

I did get a response, but unfortunately, she is unable to provide any helpful info.

Hi, read your message and I am so sorry to say that I don't know :censored:. When I graduated from WIHS I didn't stay in touch with anyone cause I moved to another state. Again, sorry.

I did get a response, but unfortunately, she is unable to provide any helpful info.

Hi, read your message and I am so sorry to say that I don't know :censored:. When I graduated from WIHS I didn't stay in touch with anyone cause I moved to another state. Again, sorry.

I gave it another try with one woman from the class of 69, and one from the class of 68.

I don't know if you tried this but search for her name in Facebook or LinkedIn. If you don't have a membership to either I will look for you.

ETA

Saw you tried FB, let me know if you didn't try LinkedIn.

I don't know if you tried this but search for her name in Facebook or LinkedIn. If you don't have a membership to either I will look for you.

ETA

Saw you tried FB, let me know if you didn't try LinkedIn.

No, I haven't tried LinkedIn.

Just a heads up for anyone who is trying to find any records of WF's existence. There are two Washington Irving High Schools (one in West Virginia, and the other in NYC).

I made the mistake of sending a couple of FB messages to alumni of WIHS in WV.

I was able to take several of the more uncommon names from the yearbook, and find them in Facebook (or at least, they look like they could be late-50-something versions of the same persons).

I sent out four more FB messages. Hopefully, one of them can provide some useful info.

Good call. I believe that is her.

Read someplace that Alcala seemed to have target most females who look like they wanted to get way, and modelling would have done that for them, so maybe they posed with the dream that Alcala would get them away from what they may have been going through. She has the same look minus the alleged assault marks in both pictures. I mean that respectfully. Could also be just the way she looks.
Hopefully she is alive. If the school was close to Alcala perhaps the girl posed against the window in the strawhat went there also.

Hopefully she is alive. If the school was close to Alcala perhaps the girl posed against the window in the strawhat went there also.

The '69 and '71 yearbooks are unavailable in Classmates.com. I'm thinking there's a decent chance that we could find more in those books. The '68 book is available, but I didn't see anyone that I recognized.

BTW, Yearbook photos are usually taken at the beginning of the school year, so I'm guessing that WF's yearbook photo was probably taken around Aug/Sep '69.

And since the woman in the Alcala photo looks a couple of years older, I'm guessing that Alcala's photo was taken in early '71. She was wearing a Winter coat, and since Alcala was arrested on August 12, 1971 in New Hampshire, the photo would have had to have been taken prior to that date.

ETA: He was also in NYC in June and July of 1977

I was able to take several of the more uncommon names from the yearbook, and find them in Facebook (or at least, they look like they could be late-50-something versions of the same persons).

I sent out four more FB messages. Hopefully, one of them can provide some useful info.

One of the four replied. She doesn't remember WF.

In case anyone is still trying to research WF's whereabouts, I contacted a woman in Brooklyn NY by the same name who is involved in child daycare. She is not the same WF who attended WIHS.

Also, I've sent a total of 11 facebook messages to WIHS class of 70 alumni, but received only three replies. None of them remembered WF.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0
Back