Glimpses into Casey's Frame of Mind During Solitude *REVISITED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been wondering--do socio/psychopaths and disordered thinkers KNOW that something is wrong with them, or do they think only THEY are sane and the rest of the world is nuts? I mean, when confronted with easily disproved lies, is their thinking so "off" that they do not admit to themselves that yes, they lied?

I notice that when she lied to Det. Melich about Universal, she finally admitted it. Yet she gave her "reason" for it. She always qualifies her lies as being for good reason.

I just can't wrap my head around her thinking. All through the trial, I wondered if she thought, "Wow, I can't believe they figured that out!" or "Man, I had no idea that forensics could trip me up like this." On the other hand, she might have been thinking, "But no one understands why Caylee HAD to be killed. Don't they see the problems I had in MY life?" She hates others for exposing her lies, fraud, and behavior, but I bet she'd be the first to scream if someone offended her in some way.

I mean, I don't think she was out of touch with reality in the same way as Andrea Yates, who heard and obeyed voices, or Charles Manson. Either she truly does not understand others' reason and logic, or she understands it but refuses to honor it.

Something about the "LOVE" picture has always bothered me but I cannot put my finger on why. Maybe I am reading too much into it but I think it has a lot of meaning to this case and Casey's frame of mind but I can't figure out exactly what it means or why it bothers me so much.

She feels that killing Caylee as a way to keep her from molestation is a loving thing to do... she feels it is loving of her to help keep her brother Lee from the shame of exposure of incest and she feels it a loving thing to keep George from knowing that Lee is the Father AND SHE feels bitterly betrayed by Cindy for choosing Caylee... for not allowing her to abort her knowing that Lee might be the father and then again choosing Caylee's side but forcing her to leave home and adopting Caylee

^Uh, Lee was not Caylee's father. That was proven long ago. And there has been no proof of molestation.

July 13 and 14- According to Valhall computer forensics shows the following art work was saved on her computer

“The Apparition” painted by Gustave Moreau and "Mitsukuni defying the skeleton spectre invoked by Princess Takiyasha", was painted by Utagawa Kuniyoshi

Read more here http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=383

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have read posts stating that Casey dissociated after the events of June 16th and others labeling her a sociopath with no remorse. We have seen the partying photos and have heard about the avoidance behaviors. These are offerings into her private moments and perhaps glimpses into her state of mind during that time period. Of course, we don't know what she was thinking but they offer another side. I am sure there will be differeing and opposing interpretations of the actions delineated above. Does it show remorse or torment? Does it indicate consiousness of guilt? Does it show she was thinking of Caylee? What do you think?

I snipped respectfully for space only.

The photobucket contents with the icons and avatars with sassy sayings, even the skulls, and other assorted items really didn't strike me as being indicative of her frame of mind or her in general.

I really never commented on those. I just didn't think they were of importance. To me that didn't indicate anything to me because they can be accessed so easily and so many people have them and they aren't uncommon especially with someone that had myspace pages. That's JMHO and I still think that way.

However, those two pictures she saved to her laptop mentioned above are so vastly different than the other things that KC had saved to her photobucket.

How in the world did she (this is going to sound nasty and snotty and it's not meant that way at all) come across these particular paintings?

I mean these are rather obscure in relation to many other paintings we see referenced in the media or taught about in high school classes.

I do think it indicates that the selection of these two particular paintings should be examined by a forensic psychologist. I think she should have been examined herself. But IMHO there is no way I can even contemplate what was going on in her mind when she not only searched for these paintings but saved them to her harddrive.

This is so far above and beyond my armchair knowledge. I'm rather stunned she knew about these paintings and/or found them and actually saved them.

JMHO

Respectfully, I believe that the only "undoing" that ICA was worried about was that which would occur when Caylee began outing all ICA's lies.

Just for research purposes. If there is anyone I could compare ICA's case to? As in mentality, demeanor etc? Look up the Betty Broderick case. It was back in the 80's. Famous socialite married to an attorney. Her nickname is Angry Betty. That is what this case reminded me of. AND if you research her latest plea for parole? You'll see why she was denied.

I agree with the other posters who wrote that ICA is much more like Diane Downs. That's one cold woman. She sat stone-faced throughout her entire trial for murdering her daughter and attempting to murder her other two children. She's who ICA really reminds me of.

Betty Broderick, on the other hand, showed lots of emotion. In fact, perhaps she was TOO emotional, taking her husband's affair and subsequent filing for divorce to heart even to this day. Give her an opening, and she'll talk for hours about how much her husband hurt her, ruined her reputation, and destroyed her in divorce court (at one time, he accused her of molesting their children--sound familiar?--and prior to that, he attempted to hire a hitman to kill her). I've studied both hers and Downs' crimes for many, many years, and Betty's fragility and anger originate with her husband's misdeeds.

ICA and Diane Downs, however, seem more like unfeeling automatons toward their own children, and both were only interested in being free to party and pursue men. They were willing to kill their kids in order to live that lifestyle. Despite using them as pawns in her divorce (as did her husband), Betty did love her children and fought to spend time with them, I'll say that for her.

She looks very defeated today. I can't even imagine what is going through her mind. I think reality is setting in.

picture.php

she is falling asleep! srsly?! NO WAY I could sleep facing the DP!

She looks very defeated today. I can't even imagine what is going through her mind. I think reality is setting in.

This is what I think too....... Casey knows her goose is cooked and there is no way out of this now.

I think she is finally beginning to realize that she is not going anywhere except to Prison.

I've been watching her all day today. And, she's been acting very different. She appears to be thinking about something else, that she is trying make herself cry about. Something else. Something that actually makes her sad. Not about Caylee at all.

She probably thinks that she will be rich after the trial. I imagine she thinks she is going to walk out of there into a mob of reporters. She is probably thinking about all the TV interviews she will be giving.

I don't know. The look she had today made me think that she knows she's not going to be found innocent. She really looked defeated to me. Then again, who knows with Casey!

It must be so hard to sit there and not say anything. I know that if I knew they were wrong about something they were saying I would have a hard time just sitting there. Then again when they say something right, I'd probably be like, Oh sh#& they got that right! LOL!!!

She looked sick to me like with the knowledge of what she's done and that she's going to pay for it. She's thinking if only she could undo every thing but she realizes it's hopeless for her now. She's thinking of herself only as usual.

I think that Casey thinks that she's smarter than everyone in that courtroom. I truly think she feels like she can just convince people to do what she wants and say what she wants them to say. Whenever something doesn't go her way, I have a feeling that she blames that person for the fact that she's on trial and probably feels like whomever challenges her should be punished. I really think that until her mother got busted lying, Casey thought she'd get off. She's never been held accountable for her actions in the past, so why should she be held accountable now (in Casey's mind)? If she gets convicted of first degree murder (and I truly hope she does), I think it will unleash a massive panic within her and intense rage. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a total melt-down in the courtroom (or in the prison shortly after the verdict is read).

Marie-Chantel, I think you are 100% correct. I think that when Cindy Anthony testified that she herself did the computer search - Casey thought "I'm such a good liar that my mother actually believes she did those searches" when in reality her mother was testifying trying to save her Casey Anthony from the death penalty.

I hope she's thinking again,"what a waste, a huge waste". (Not only of Caylee's life but the prospect of her life.)

I watched "Small Sacrifices" (Diane Downs) again yesterday - hadn't watched it since it first came out years ago and I couldn't believe the similarities to Casey and the defense's charges of molestation against the father. Diane claimed the same thing during trial only to recant it later in prison. Like Diane, I think Casey really thinks she's walking. After her conviction (I pray) her next thoughts will be how she can BS the gaurds and the parole board.

I was very surprised she was crying at end of day. I guess reality did set in after her lawyers were done. I wonder if she wishes she had testified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue
Back