Grand Jury Indictment 3/20/14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still wonder whether a high-profile lawyer will sign onto this case. It is a huge local story, with the potential to be covered nationally. I wonder if they have been getting offers?

Then again, it seems like in most high-profile cases, the lawyers do not work pro-bono. Maybe a reduced fee, but it seems like there still needs to be some payment. We know that Anthony paid Baez using the media money, Zimmerman got thousands in donations for his defense, Terri Horman's parents took out a mortgage on their house or something like that to pay for her laywer, and so on...

Since there is a gag order - I would think any high profile attorneys who might have been interested - realize their ability to get paid via media stuff is now gone. That in and of itself might be why a Beaz-type won't be interested....

I do wonder, however, if there will be a chunk of insurance money coming - that COULD be used to swing bigger, better, attorney?

Truth is - I think they both have EXCELLENT attorneys (regardless of how they got them). SM's attorney is a respected attorney here.....as is TM's.

hoppy, ita! my first thought when her father died was bingo! attorney paid for...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I wonder if her father's death will change anything...I'm thinking in terms of family dynamics. If he was the type of patriarch that called the shots...just wondering if her mother may know something or have observed something that she's kept quiet about and now may come forward. I guess unlikely - no one wants to send their child to prison, but if she thinks she can save Tammy and implicate Sidney...

Since there is a gag order - I would think any high profile attorneys who might have been interested - realize their ability to get paid via media stuff is now gone. That in and of itself might be why a Beaz-type won't be interested....

I do wonder, however, if there will be a chunk of insurance money coming - that COULD be used to swing bigger, better, attorney?

Truth is - I think they both have EXCELLENT attorneys (regardless of how they got them). SM's attorney is a respected attorney here.....as is TM's.

But if the trial were to be covered nationally, then millions of people would know the lawyers' name, they would have the opportunity to talk to many media outlets about the case, and even make money and get attention afterwards w/ books or TV specials? So the gag order might not allow them to get paid for media stuff pre-trial, but they could still make money during and after the trial.

However, we don't even know for sure whether the trial will be high-profile, and perhaps since there hasn't been much national coverage up to this point, lawyers just think it will most likely remain a local story? This isn't Anthony or Zimmerman, where we all knew the trials would get a lot of national coverage. It's a complete unknown for this case currently.

I think this case has all the ingredients for national attention and a Lifetime movie. I predict that the Moorers will be dubbed the "Disney Killers."

I asked this on the evidence thread, but maybe the question belongs here. What I want to know whether there will be a proceeding to take the place of the preliminary hearing that was scheduled to happen yesterday.

Will there be a court hearing where they will enter their pleas?

I think this case has all the ingredients for national attention and a Lifetime movie. I predict that the Moorers will be dubbed the "Disney Killers."

I asked this on the evidence thread, but maybe the question belongs here. What I want to know whether there will be a proceeding to take the place of the preliminary hearing that was scheduled to happen yesterday.

Will there be a court hearing where they will enter their pleas?

I don't know if they will be called the "Disney Killers"---I feel like Disney won't allow it, and they are definitely powerful enough to put a stop to that. I don't mean they will erase any connection to Disney, just that I doubt they will want the words "Disney Killers" all over the media.

My prediction is that no national network will cover the trial live, there will be a moderate amount of attention when the verdict comes in but not much national coverage for each day of the trial, and afterwards, in the years that follow, there will be 48 Hours, Snapped, maybe other shows, and one book written about the case, by one of those authors who publish all the true crime books, like Gregg Olsen.

I doubt that Mattel wanted Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka to be labeled the "Ken and Barbie" killers, but that's what they've become known as. If the term "Disney Killers" is thrown around by people, I don't think there is anything Disney Corporate can do about it.

I love Disney and have traveled there many times, first as a child with my parents and sibs, then as an aunt with sibs and nieces/nephews, then as a parent with children myself. I won't associate Disney with murderers, but I will always associate TM and SM as being Disney lovers who became murderers.

That is because of TM's portrayal of herself and her family on the Disboards. Being a longtime Disboards member myself, I still can't get over that she posted photos of herself holding a rifle on that message board. Any time I hear the Moorers names in the future, whatever the outcome of their trial(s), I'll always associate them with Disney.

Correct TM has a private lawyer out of Florence SC where I live.

SM has a public defender.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

February 22, 2014 Myrtle Beach Attorney Greg McCollum was outside the J. Reuben Long Detention Center Saturday afternoon, and said he was requested by the public defender’s office to meet with Tammy Moorer, but not necessarily as a public defender.

“I’m here to talk to Tammy,” McCollum said.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...held-on-bond-in-exposure.html#storylink=cpy14

February 24, 2014 On Monday, Tammy Moorer was represented by Florence-based attorney Patrick McLaughlin

Read more here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c....html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us#storylink=cpy

Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 3:35 pm | Updated: 4:04 pm, Tue Mar 18, 2014. Tammy Moorer’s attorney Greg McCollum

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/article_588cb81e-ae0b-11e3-86e2-0017a43b2370.html

Guess she can't make up her mind...

I doubt that Mattel wanted Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka to be labeled the "Ken and Barbie" killers, but that's what they've become known as. If the term "Disney Killers" is thrown around by people, I don't think there is anything Disney Corporate can do about it.

I love Disney and have traveled there many times, first as a child with my parents and sibs, then as an aunt with sibs and nieces/nephews, then as a parent with children myself. I won't associate Disney with murderers, but I will always associate TM and SM as being Disney lovers who became murderers.

That is because of TM's portrayal of herself and her family on the Disboards. Being a longtime Disboards member myself, I still can't get over that she posted photos of herself holding a rifle on that message board. Any time I hear the Moorers names in the future, whatever the outcome of their trial(s), I'll always associate them with Disney.

Why do you think there is nothing Disney can do about it? They are an extremely powerful corporation that control a lot of the media. Disney owns Lifetime, for instance, so I doubt they will ever make a movie about this case that even mentions Disney. Mattel is a toy manufacturer company, while Disney is the world's largest media conglomerate. IMO, any corporation worth $42 billion in annual revenue can put a stop to them being called the Disney Killers, if they don't like it.

I don't think you can compare them, because Disney is much more "uptight" about their image, while Mattel allows Barbie to "model" in Sports Illustrated, despite all the controversy about body image the doll has generated. Their campaign even called it "Unapologetic".

Why do you think there is nothing Disney can do about it? They are an extremely powerful corporation that control a lot of the media. Disney owns Lifetime, for instance, so I doubt they will ever make a movie about this case that even mentions Disney. Mattel is a toy manufacturer company, while Disney is the world's largest media conglomerate. IMO, any corporation worth $42 billion in annual revenue can put a stop to them being called the Disney Killers, if they don't like it.

I don't think you can compare them, because Disney is much more "uptight" about their image, while Mattel allows Barbie to "model" in Sports Illustrated, despite all the controversy about body image the doll has generated. Their campaign even called it "Unapologetic".

b b m
Yep, agree.

The murder didn't occur on any Disney property, had nothing to do with Disney, and the only affiliation the M's have is they like to travel to Disney for vacations. They don't live there, are not employees of Disney, not related to the Disney family, and Tammy's little side business of booking Disney vacations was not a Disney-owned venture. They could just as easily be called the disboard killers or the PTL killers.

You guys are probably right. I forget what huge media company that Disney is in addition to operating their theme parks.

Lifetime, ABC, ESPN, and I don't know how many other cable stations are owned by Disney. I can't see any of them using the term "Disney Killers" and it probably won't be picked up by the public if the media doesn't start using the term first.

Facebook is also a big part of this case, so it may get associated with that. And Myrtle Beach as a location and community is a big part too.

Hi, I'm a newbie here, but I was wondering how do I get to the parking lot thread? Also, I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a date for what happens next? I think LE has so much more than we know at the moment, and for good reason, but a possible year without closure for the Elvis family is just too sad....

Hi, I'm a newbie here, but I was wondering how do I get to the parking lot thread? Also, I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a date for what happens next? I think LE has so much more than we know at the moment, and for good reason, but a possible year without closure for the Elvis family is just too sad....

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Link to PL.^^^^

I don't think we have a date right now, for whatever may be the next step. I thought there would have to be an arraignment (where they enter a plea?) but have not seen anything about it.

A trial in a year would be considered fast or relatively fast. Here in my area of NC, it's not uncommon for cases to take 2+ years to get to trial, depending. The bigger the case the longer it seems to take to get it to trial because the defense wants plenty of time and the state is always bogged down with cases as well.

A trial in a year would be considered fast or relatively fast. Here in my area of NC, it's not uncommon for cases to take 2+ years to get to trial, depending. The bigger the case the longer it seems to take to get it to trial because the defense wants plenty of time and the state is always bogged down with cases as well.

I think for this case, the defense will use all the delays they can so the trial doesn't happen for 3+ years, so emotions surrounding the case will lessen. On the other hand, the longer it takes until the trial, the higher the possibility Heather will be found. I suppose it might depend on what defense they plan on using, though.

I'm sure the defense will delay but they will only be able to delay so much. The judge will put some limits on it. They might eek out 18 months or maybe 2 years, but I don't envision a 3 year wait in this case going to trial.

I'm sure the defense will delay but they will only be able to delay so much. The judge will put some limits on it. They might eek out 18 months or maybe 2 years, but I don't envision a 3 year wait in this case going to trial.

Most cases I have followed are still unsolved, so I don't have much knowledge of how long it takes. The ones I know that took around 3 years or more were Samantha Runnion, Teghan Skiba, and Caylee Anthony...all DP cases. I am not sure if that was the reason for the long delays. But I am guessing a 3-year wait until the trial is not common?

Most cases I have followed are still unsolved, so I don't have much knowledge of how long it takes. The ones I know that took around 3 years or more were Samantha Runnion, Teghan Skiba, and Caylee Anthony...all DP cases. I am not sure if that was the reason for the long delays. But I am guessing a 3-year wait until the trial is not common?

Do you think the defense lawyers will revisit bail for the two if going to trial takes that long?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07
Back