Grand Jury Returns Indictment of FIRST DEGREE MURDER - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sievers, Rodgers receive no bond on 1st-degree murder charge | WINK NEWS
http://www.winknews.com/2016/05/06/sievers-rodgers-receive-no-bond-on-1st-degree-murder-charge/

Facing a judge for the first time since being indicted for first-degree murder, Mark Sievers and Jimmy Ray Rodgers received no bond for their upgraded charges on Friday.

Both men, who were originally charged with second-degree murder, were also indicted for conspiracy to commit murder. Rodgers faces an additional charge of burglary.

Both men are sceduled to be arraigned on their new charges on Monday.

pic:
Through a video link from the Lee County jail, Mark Sievers and Jimmy Ray Rodgers faced a judge for the first time on Friday since they were indicted for first-degree murder in the death of Dr. Teresa Sievers.

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 90
Instead of using a public defender, Marky had mommy hire him a private attorney because he's too good/arrogant to use a "free" public defender. His ex-BFF's family (I assume) hired him a private attorney, and Mark has to keep up with the Joneses Wrongs Wright's.
I'll bet this is the first time in Marks pathetic life that CWW actually had something/anything better than him, and MS isn't having one bit of it.

At first he's indigent, then he hires a private attorney...
And now he's indigent again, but the PRIVATE attorneys are going to stay on the case? Let Bonnie Sievers PAY for the lawyer SHE hired for Mark.
The "Sievers" knew they couldn't afford an attorney and probably knew the State of Florida's TAXPAYERS would have to pick up the tab for his legal fees. I'm surprised she didn't hire Mark Geragos.

And today we have his private attorney saying it's Marks decision??

Last week, Sievers filed court documents claiming that he can't afford the services of Faga, the private attorney representing him. On Thursday, Faga said he's still representing Sievers, and that he plans to ask the state judicial system to help fund the defense.
Whether Faga's office stays on the case is Sievers' decision, Faga said.

"I felt we've had a good relationship with him," Faga said. "It's really just a matter of whether he thinks we're able to do this at this point."

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...odgers-indicted-first-degree-murder/83946764/

BBM: Pardon my French if you want, but wtf? Does this mean that any defendant could hire a top-notch law firm, but get the state to pay for it? Isn't that exactly what the state does by providing (paying for) a public defender?

More manipulation. It should never be MS' decision, shouldn't it be the taxpayers' decision since they're the ones who'd be paying?

Thanks, here as well, marker 00:48:

http://www.nbc-2.com/clip/12414603/new-indictments-could-mean-death-row-for-sievers-rodgers

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• Grand Jury Indictment.jpg
    Grand Jury Indictment.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 270
Wink News says that the investigators feel that she (TaySho) broke open the murder-for-hire plot and that is why they are all behind bars.
Those of us who've read all of the transcripts/videos, etc. may think otherwise. Just sayin'

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I wonder why she didn't stop her 'loving, caring, thoughtful man' from taking that road trip to burglarize and steal? No problem with that, eh. I suppose we should be thankful she draws the line somewhere. If only she put her foot down and begged him not to commit any more crimes that would result in prison for their child's daddy.

-----------------------------
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas. - Don Meredith, later Sheldon Cooper.

Has anyone heard that MS refuses and will not show up in court on Monday. JRR will be there. I swore I read it and now cannot find it. Thanks.

I wonder why she didn't stop her 'loving, caring, thoughtful man' from taking that road trip to burglarize and steal? No problem with that, eh. I suppose we should be thankful she draws the line somewhere. If only she put her foot down and begged him not to commit any more crimes that would result in prison for their child's daddy.

-----------------------------
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas. - Don Meredith, later Sheldon Cooper.

minority opinion here, but i think she was a victim too in regards to the fantasy she was given.....i think she was leaning on someone too hard to take care of her, she pushed back all the red flags....hope she receives counselling and a jump start to make a better life for herself and her children.... sad situation....saw these situations a lot

MURDER FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED WITH WEAPON

Did they carry a gun, just in case? Were they "advised" to carry a gun, just in case? Is the hammer considered a weapon?

Hammer

I am thinking the placement(s) of the 1 or 2 hammers - one on the garage floor possibly indicating a forced entry through the side door, the other one next to the victim
on the kitchen floor - was a mistake staging-wise. If the hammer on the garage floor was placed there to indicate a forced entry through the side door, then it either matches up with the damaged frame/door/lock and is therefore directly connected to a forced entry (theory/ staging or realistic), or it does not match and it was either placed on the floor to plant a false clue or it has nothing to do with the crime alltogether and the hammer had been laying there already prior to the crime.

The hammer placed on the kitchen floor however is clearly connected - or was intentionally connected due to the wrapped-around hair of the victim. Notice, there is no blood on the hair. That hammer
was either (also) used in the forceful entry (staging) or not, but it was clearly carried into the kitchen - again pending on witness accounts ( was there a hammer on the kitchen cabinet upon leaving the house).

If family members claim there was no hammer located in the kitchen area prior to the crime, it will be difficult to explain by the defense, why a hammer may have been carried inside the house, if for no other reason, than to bludgeon the victim to death.

Just saying..

-Nin

So, based on the indictment, April 30th given as the beginning date of the conspiracy. Is this the first time this date has been given?

Has anyone heard that MS refuses and will not show up in court on Monday. JRR will be there. I swore I read it and now cannot find it. Thanks.
He doesn't have to appear on Monday and this am, Wink stated will not appear.

MURDER FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED WITH WEAPON

Did they carry a gun, just in case? Were they "advised" to carry a gun, just in case? Is the hammer considered a weapon?

Hammer

I am thinking the placement(s) of the 1 or 2 hammers - one on the garage floor possibly indicating a forced entry through the side door, the other one next to the victim
on the kitchen floor - was a mistake staging-wise. If the hammer on the garage floor was placed there to indicate a forced entry through the side door, then it either matches up with the damaged frame/door/lock and is therefore directly connected to a forced entry (theory/ staging or realistic), or it does not match and it was either placed on the floor to plant a false clue or it has nothing to do with the crime alltogether and the hammer had been laying there already prior to the crime.

The hammer placed on the kitchen floor however is clearly connected - or was intentionally connected due to the wrapped-around hair of the victim. Notice, there is no blood on the hair. That hammer
was either (also) used in the forceful entry (staging) or not, but it was clearly carried into the kitchen - again pending on witness accounts ( was there a hammer on the kitchen cabinet upon leaving the house).

If family members claim there was no hammer located in the kitchen area prior to the crime, it will be difficult to explain by the defense, why a hammer may have been carried inside the house, if for no other reason, than to bludgeon the victim to death.

Just saying..

-Nin
Also the crowbar found in the motorcycle bag.

So, based on the indictment, April 30th given as the beginning date of the conspiracy. Is this the first time this date has been given?
I heard the same thing and it's the first time I've ever heard that date mentioned with regards to the first day of planning.

I heard the same thing and it's the first time I've ever heard that date mentioned with regards to the first day of planning.

First time that date has been officially given. I believe that is the date that MS flew to Missouri to attend the CWW wedding. Makes sense.

First time that date has been officially given. I believe that is the date that MS flew to Missouri to attend the CWW wedding. Makes sense.
I was wondering that also. The wedding was on Saturday 5/2, so I guess he flew up Thursday? Can't remember where the timeline is located on here!

Hey AR..... Hope you're doing alright, we all think of you often so just know that.

April 30, 2015 was on a Thursday. I don't remember the wedding date but figured it was on Saturday as most people do that to stay away from the work week. Whether the wedding was Saturday or Friday, Mark probably got there a day or so before OR the conspiring started via 'bro phone' if MS didn't arrive there til the day of the wedding.
Anyone remember that blissful date? Oh GAG me with a spoon..... what a picture, blissful & CWW �� ��!
Oh, I'll check the Timeline.... Yes Jessicades, thanks! You posted the correct date before I could get back here (internet connection bad). Wedding was on 5/2. Maybe AR knows MS flight date to be correct, flying out that Thursday, 4/30.

CWW once claimed to be a goat farmer. I see on several different websites that in prison "culture" a goat tattoo is the mark of a snitch, sometimes forcibly applied. Watch your back there, goat man.
Maybe someone w forcibly tattoo a pineapple on one of his cheeks as well

BBM: Pardon my French if you want, but wtf? Does this mean that any defendant could hire a top-notch law firm, but get the state to pay for it? Isn't that exactly what the state does by providing (paying for) a public defender?

More manipulation. It should never be MS' decision, shouldn't it be the taxpayers' decision since they're the ones who'd be paying?

I believe that most Counties and even the State do not have in their arsenal DP or even high stakes defense attorneys on staff to do cases of this magnitude. Many states are allowing defendants from the private sector from a list of approved defense attorneys. Not to take the case as Pro Bono but at a rate the State will pay. Thus avoiding the cost of possible or probable complete do over because the defendant complains that the "public defender" was ineffective.

JMO's

I believe that most Counties and even the State do not have in their arsenal DP or even high stakes defense attorneys on staff to do cases of this magnitude. Many states are allowing defendants from the private sector from a list of approved defense attorneys. Not to take the case as Pro Bono but at a rate the State will pay. Thus avoiding the cost of possible or probable complete do over because the defendant complains that the "public defender" was ineffective.

JMO's

jggordo.... what you state here makes sense. May go over to the Verified Lawyer thread. I was wondering how that worked---figured if they do that THEN there's a 'cap' on the amount the state or county would pay as they would certainly NOT pay what a given defense attorney would normally charge. Your last sentence also made sense..... THAT covers a 'lousy defense' complaint. Wonder what kind of defense MS will get from 'reality court experienced' Mr. Mummert? OR (gasp).... has that changed again?

Hey AR..... Hope you're doing alright, we all think of you often so just know that.

April 30, 2015 was on a Thursday. I don't remember the wedding date but figured it was on Saturday as most people do that to stay away from the work week. Whether the wedding was Saturday or Friday, Mark probably got there a day or so before OR the conspiring started via 'bro phone' if MS didn't arrive there til the day of the wedding.
Anyone remember that blissful date? Oh GAG me with a spoon..... what a picture, blissful & CWW �� ��!
Oh, I'll check the Timeline.... Yes Jessicades, thanks! You posted the correct date before I could get back here (internet connection bad). Wedding was on 5/2. Maybe AR knows MS flight date to be correct, flying out that Thursday, 4/30.
From what I remember, from the transcripts, is Mark texting CW before April 30th that he had something to talk to him about when he gets to MO and that it had nothing to do with Angie or something like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back