Grandma Hollars speaks

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Newsaddict, I suspect Grandma Flo thought if Misty was actually molested, she would have told someone after the rape and STOPPED visiting and hanging around with her molester......makes sense to me.
Does not make sense to me...... That's not how it always works. A lot of times victims of child abuse ( physical mental and sexual) will still be around the perps that are abusing them out of pure fear and or thinking it is "normal" or no one will listen or care or believe them.

I am a SURVIVOR of sexual abuse of almost 12 years and even after I told people ( and nothing was done) I thought it must be normal then. Maybe if ( GIANT IF) it did happen Misty DID tell someone and her pleas was ignored.

I don't think Misty was Molisted by Jo however to put all cases of sexual crimes together and say if they continued to go around or over there they must of liked it it stupid. a very stupid comment. Of cource that's not the exact words ut pretty much what was said.As a abuse SURVIVOR * bc i am NOT a victim no longer* I can tell you 100% that is not always the case.

I did not like being abused but I did not know how to stop it and I was scared and many many cases of sexual abuse that goes on for years is the same thing.

The comment grandma made even if joking or being sarcastic was a dumb comment to make. She could of just said no I don't think he molisted her and that of been better and no one would of been questing what she meant. Let's face it with this family who knows what she really meant.

and IMO I wonder if Grandma is not wanting the reward money and this was not set up for someone in the family to get the reward money ( not the murder) but the calls saying joe did it.

Might want to move to NG. Willen says AH says he has new information on the show tonight!

Can you imagine Flo being Casey's Grandma ?
Yes. She is similar to CA and GA. Maybe these two cases will see charges that will set a precedent for NOT interferring with an investigation.

I couldn't resist chiming in here after just watching granny's interview, even though I'm not a regular on this thread....lol

I know there's a LOT of stuff you guys have talked about for months and know backwards and forwards regarding the various players, stories, timelines, etc, but this is my opinion (as a reg follower of the story through JVM & NG) of granny after tonight's interview - She may very well have no motive other than simply doing the right thing to make the statements she made tonight on JVM. In her recent interviews up to this point I've gotten the impression that she was being honest about what she had been told, but was still holding something back or shading the truth a little on some parts. After tonight's interview, I think what she was holding back or struggling with was admitting to herself and everyone else that she thought MC was as guilty as any of the others, along with being a strung-out teenager who had no business supervising any child.

She may have me completely fooled (wouldn't be the 1st time), but I think she's just doing the right thing. Of course, she's taking some advantage of all of these interview requests when she could just decline and only speak to the police, but I don't fault her at all for doing the interviews. If nothing else she may want to separate herself from the rest of these idiots and leave no questions as to which side she is on before one of them turns on her somehow. Since the beginning she has seemed to have the most sense of any of this clan anyway, so it all seems about right to me.....

I'm with you. And I'd wager that if more kids in this country today knew their parents and grandparents would do this if they acted like animals, we might have a whole lot less barbaric behavior from them. :cool:

I would have asked Grandma if she knew or thought TN was involved.

I appreciate that she's coming on the news shows. She may or may not know about specific details about that night but she has given me so much more insight into her grandchildren.

She also pointed the finger at RC. I have thusfar not considered him being culpable but after hearing Gma Hollar's no-nonsense style of communication I am beginning to think she may have a point about him.

Bless her for the strength and courage not to whitewash and coverup for these grandkids. We have seen so many who will go to any length to protect their own by using the media. (Anthony's anyone?)

Again to stay on topic: You can't miss this episode and I'll be rewatching for sure!

Oh I really appreciate her coming on the news shows too but I'm also amazed at she is willing to talk this way about her very own grandchildren.

So what makes Gma more believable tonight vs other nights? Because she's now saying what people want to hear? Doesn't that seem suspicious to ANYONE??? IMO, all she's doing is adjusting her story for a better chance of getting that 35K.
I hear you Suzi and am (sort of) thinking that way too. I can only speak for myself, but she's a lot more likable when she's throwing Ron under the bus too. Well, I just can't help it, I am so anxious for someone, anyone to talk about the elephant in the room (Ron).

Can someone tell me if Gma Flo mentioned Lisa? TIA

This has got to be the most bizarre interview I have ever seen! I hope Jane has done a thorough back ground check and is sure this lady hasn't escaped from the mental health clinic. I am speechless.

I don't believe she's "mental" at all. I believe the woman is doing what she thinks is right and, let's face it, she hasn't said anything we haven't already talked about.

KUDOS TO YOU GRANDMA!

So what makes Gma more believable tonight vs other nights? Because she's now saying what people want to hear? Doesn't that seem suspicious to ANYONE??? IMO, all she's doing is adjusting her story for a better chance of getting that 35K.

No. I don't believe that to be true, but that is just my opinion. She is country folk and I think it is just dawning on her that three of her grandchildren are involved in the death of a 5 yr. old girl.

I don't know, Suzi. I missed tonight's interview and just now am catching the tail of the thread, so if she adjusted her story, I missed it. From her earlier interviews, I thought she was just telling what she was told and what she thinks... she apparently knows the calls are recorded, so surely she wouldn't lie. But who knows...

I guess I want to believe the best about her because I am just so glad to finally see a family member that doesn't run around excusing their kids. :bow:

There are people who don't sugar coat anything, they tell it like they see it and Flo appears to be one of those people.

She answered every question she was asked without even having to think about it.

I have to say that I thought she was believable. Basically, she's pointing the finger at all four of them and I guess I could see that being true.

I honestly don't think anybody who was molested would enjoy hearing that but that's JMO.

And I agree, however Misty herself stated she would never want to be around him unless other people were there and Grandma Flo pointed out that when she was in Tennesee she was always wanting to spend time with cousin Jo..

IMHO.. Misty has cried wolf too too many times about being molested and I suspect has accused innocent people just to take the heat off herself or to keep from accepting any responsibility for her own actions.....JMO

Ms. Hollars might have answered the alleged molestation issue with a little more tact, but it's obvious she doesn't believe it and never saw any indication when Misty lived with her or when she visited Tenn. recently.

Can you imagine Flo being Casey's Grandma ?

I must admit that it seems Casey's Gma (SP) is as forthright, out-spoken, no nonsense and ...... had stated up-front that she felt Casey hated her Mother Cindy more than she loved Caylee.

they've always been friends
if molestation - she must have like it

no no she didn't
oh man she did, didn't she

she said that?!?

what kind of a person says something like that about anyone, let alone their own grandchild?

I mean really?

I'm stunned

I wish someone had asked Flo if she believes Misty and Tommy are setting Joe up. Just because she thinks they're all involved doesn't mean she believes Joe did a murder. Ms. Hollars has pretty eyes and complexion. She really doesn't look age 67 at all.

:banghead: Rats!! Why did Granny H let loose with this Bombshell Ta Night when both of my VCRs are spoken for??!! I usually tape JVM........but not on Dancing With the Stars and American Idol nights.

Couldn't she have waited until Thursday????

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
username_not_found
Back