*graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial discussion #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's making some points but nothing significant.

I think that they are trying to prove that during the time that the camera was upside down and on the floor, that this is when Jodi was defending herself from an attacking Travis.

15,000 text messages????? Defense stating he could have taken photos of each text if he really wanted to????? Man, is she really going for ineffective counsel?

No she's just trying to insinuate that he didn't do a through job.

I think that they are trying to prove that during the time that the camera was upside down and on the floor, that this is when Jodi was defending herself from an attacking Travis.

I don't think is going to fly since Travis is clearly on the floor with blood running down his back and Jodi is behind him. But that's just my opinion.

Hi everyone :wave: --- just popping in. Thanks to all the transcribers, you rock :rocker:

The only possible thing the DT could claim about the pictures would be that it was TA's thing. Other than that, I don't even see the point of this line of questioning.

Ceiling picture appears to be unintentional picture . . . .
just over 1 min later - 5:32:16 #162 - blood or substance coming down right of TA . . . a little over 1 min later 5:31:14 - ceiling pic

TA - #162 TA on the floor - camera on floor and flipped upside down . . . couldn't reach the button to take a photo because button on the ground.

next #163 - picture of hallway - 5:33:32 - camera is upside down - button to take photo is on the ground.

talked about pocket pc - a phone . . . looked @ it - power it on . . . . text messages on that phone - not able to extract anything on the phone - could not plug it into anything to extract . . . could have snapped photos of texts . .. over 15K pictures on that phne - if he had 8 months to do that it would be physically possible.

Looked @ laptop - the one in the den/office right off garage entryway - across from that was bathroom? - don't recall bathroom

office was on the first floor - plugged into a power source when walked in . . .

laptop - believed to belong to TA - compaq presario - product ID - virus alert - need to look @ report . . . approach witness . . .

I don't know what that stands for . . . usually product ID . . .. virus going on there? could be - didn't see any signs of virus . . . .look @ computer and checking for virus - didn't find any.

laptop - lots of CD's taken from his office - based upon exam report mid page - objection hearsay - counsel approach!

Oooooh..... very true. That gives a window of time for that defense theory.

Was the camera found in the wash broken or showing any signs of physical damage? or just 'washed'?

2013-01-14 Afternoon testimony.

Detective Melendez

Computer in the home--Computer was in sleep mode.
--The last time that somebody did anything with it was 2008-06-04, 3:34:49 p.m.
--a password was not needed to get into the computer as the forensic software uses a different route to get to the information.
--Det. Melendez also examined a telephone, it was a pocket PC and was located in the office. Was not able to look at all the messages. Was not able to extract the text messages as there was no technology at the time of examination. It has since become available.

CROSS EXAMINATION

Re: Camera--Camera was in the washer, as all in one piece, memory stick was in the camera. Melendez had to buy a power cord. Camera doesn't appear to be ruined. There is nothing broken on it other than the button to take the photos is missing as it fell off when Melendez was handling the camera. The camera button is rubber.
--If the camera were upside down the button would be hitting the ground.
--When Melendez got the camera it wasn't wet. He couldn't really tell as he used gloved hands. It wasn't noted in his report if the camera was wet or smelled like bleach. He doesn't think he could smell bleach.
--The memory stick did not appear to be crushed and did not look like somebody tried to break it.

Re: photos of Travis in the shower.--Photos from 5:22:24-5:30 p.m. There are many photos taken of Travis in the shower. Poses are in different positions. Travis is able to turn one way or the other and doesn't appear injured. Doesn't appear to be involved in any altercation. In some of the photos you can see the right side of his face and the left side of his face.
#148, Photo of the side of Travis, left side of his face. Shower head would be at the back of his head.
--Some of the photos from earlier in the day were time stamped. In one of those photos you can see Travis and in another you can see Jodi.
<my feed went out!!! had to refresh>
#159--Photo of Travis in the shower, looking at the camera, Melendez testified that it appears Travis is sitting.
#150--Photo of ceiling, Melendez testified that this photo was taken 2-3 feet off the ground. Photo is blurry and appears to be an unintentional picture.
#162--Appears to be blood coming from the right side of Travis. Again, this is the photo that we have debated ad nauseum of the possible dragging picture. Camera was on the floor upside down. Camera button would have been on the ground and difficult to reach.
#163--Camera is upside down. Photo is of the floor.

Re: Pocket PC phone--Melendez powered it on and looked at it & wasn't able to extract anything. Defence says that Melendez could have taken photos of each text message on the phone. There was over 15,000 text messages. Melendez said it would have taken him eight months to take photos of all the text messages.

Re: Laptop, found in the office off the garage entry way. --Melendez was able to do a forensic examination of this laptop. Based on information on the Compaq Presario, Melendez understood it to be Travis' computer.
--Upon powering on the computer it said "Power ID, virus alert". Melendez isn't sure what it means. He did not see any virus on the computer. It was checked for viruses.

Is it just me, or do the pictures we first saw today of Travis in the shower look distinctly different from that one headshot shower pic of Travis taken at 5:29? Whether this is due to the lighting, focus, etc., I'm curious to know.

It almost looks as if she was using the camera as an excuse to make him pose in vulnerable positions, the shot being a secondary priority (if at all) in the set we saw today. Maybe after she decided on the perfect position giving her the most advantage, she takes one last shot of him alive, the nice headshot. Then, tells him to do whatever pose she decided on moments earlier, his eyes probably closed, and bam here comes the knife.

I don't think is going to fly since Travis is clearly on the floor with blood running down his back and Jodi is behind him. But that's just my opinion.

also to jump off your post... if she started to drop the camera in the bathroom, and Travis to attack her for her to defend herself near bedroom doorway, would she still have the camera? I also wonder why if he was already dead in said doorway, (if self defense) why drag him back to shower. I bet jury will have ton's of questions.

Is she saying nude photos were taken by someone else? Thats huge!

Last time laptop was 4:54 on 6/4/08 - almost close to 5pm on that date . . . timing of photos 20 - 25 minutes before shower photos began. . . .

(JA wipes hair from eyes in a creepishly sort of KC style)

don't have any knowledge of when photos were deleted . . . . some photos were taken in afternoon - nude photos appeared to be taken by a person - no reason to believe they were preset or autotimed photos (couldn't say) believe they were taken by a person.

ReDirect -
Photo of TA - series of photos in the shower #160 - 5:30:30 . . .

#161 - 5:31:14 - 45 seconds later - don't know what was happening . . . . look @ camera -

Pros. Atty just dropped camera to floor - did that take 45 seconds? NO
Objection!

Afternoon recess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads