*graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JM w/ALV . . .you said you wished to get TA's side of the story to get a complete evaluation...

you believe TA was a perpetrator
I belive he was perp of DV . . .he perpetuated that on the defendant . . what is new term used instead of victims. . .

he was the perp and she was the survivor
I don't recall if I said that . .

judge may we approach?

Part of the evaluation process - you were paid to do this $250 per hour . . testify is $300 per hour . . .part of the process in reaching your opinion - you evaluated TA?
I looked @ his behavior . . . are you asking if I diagnosed it?
no . . what you evaluated behavior and incorporated it into report
evaluated a human being
yes he is a human being
one conclusion you reached he was a liar
I reached opinion he told lies . . didn't call him a liar . . he told lies to other people . . professed to being a virgin.
people who tell lies . . are a liar
perpetual liar
no one say perpetual . . .a pattern of lying is a liar (as you said with TA)
correct

you indicated TA had a pattern of lying
correct
anyone with a pattern of lying is a liar
I said he lied
a pattern of lying
yes
he is a liar
yes

he escalated these arguments
pattern of escalating
you called them rants based upon the written word
correct
you couldn't see him when he was writing
correct
you said 90% of all communication in clinical is non-verbal
in face to face communication . . .when we are face to face 90% and it is the same in the field

you said 90%
right

text messages not referenced .. you don't get to see the interaction
you get to see it on the page - get to hear it
see words on the page
correct
you don't get to see or hear inflection
I think it would be hard or difficult to think someone in a really good mood could call someone those names
am I asking good mood - limitations about text messages
I suppose there are limits as on the spoken word

talking about text messages . .

one person talk @ a time

you are as effective in conducting evaal in this ae when you have a clinical interview for one person and the other you only have the written word . .. just as good
I am saying in many cases that is all we have . . it depends on the situation . . I could be having an interview with someone totally misrepresenting themselves - consistency across sources makes a difference
are you done
yes

that clinical interview vs. a text message . . both equal in terms of making an eval @ the time they are making statements
I am saying they are different - not which is better . . . a clinical interview for people who come into my groups and their partners and the info is different . . can't say one is better

I said I would like to have an interview with TA and I still would = you want me to say it is better . . I get different info . . I had enough info
it is not better to have the person involved in the relationship involved vs. a text message

I am not saying that it is better or worse - comparatively would have been good to compare 2 stories . . I always want more info if I can get it.

you believed efendant based upon readings
based on which readings

I didn't go into this eval believing JA . . I went in with an open mind looking @ what is there and what I can base my opinion on . .. 44 hrs over different periods of time - nowhere spoke to Ta. . .

your eval in this case is defective because only spoke to JA who has lied . . and not Ta
I would disagree that my eval is defective

nothing else your honor
may we approach?
you may

ladies and gentlemen thank you for your patience . . . on Monday please be here @ 1:30 but have your cellphones ready @ 10 am . . .
are there any questions?
I see there is a question in the box . ..

judge reading it . . . counsel please approach

Was JA story from 10/11/11 consistent with what we hear today?
I didn't see her story . . .from time I started with her - story was consistent with ALV but not sure of her testimony

you related to us the shooting occurred in the closet correct? from JM

that was not her story . . . I made notes from what others said . . . I wrote those down to. . . but no confirmation that it was from JA words . .. I misspoke . . I took information from 2 different sources.

ALV asks - your honor?
Judge says sit right there
jury is excused

JA whispers in JW ear

will need you to be back on Tuesday . . there is another issue and I am sure you know of that . . this other issue ....

ALV I may have follow up test . .

don't tell me about your personal issues . . . we will have a follow up on Monday . . .don't tell me about anything else . . . you are still under subpoena unless I release you.

counsel you may approach

Monday 11 am . . . Miss Wong you are in back courtroom . . will you be here to testify?
I will order you to be here to testify .. I understand you have an Atty he can be here to represent you then

recess until then.

Damn...what did I miss?

Can someone summarize the end after the additional (last) questions from jury? Who is Wong?

not a jury question . . this was from the judge after the jury had left the room . .. jurors are coming back @ 1:30 Monday unless called in earlier. . .

Ms Wong is a pressing issue the Judge is taking up @ 11 on Monday - reports she is HLN producer . . . maybe from the JM picture taking and cane signing footage?

I was told that this would be the appropriate place to post juror questions to AVL from this morning. I'll do a few per post I guess. If there's a better way, please let me know!

77. Please explain why you feel Jodi is not manipulative, either before or after the killing, based on the review of statements and interviews.

78. On the one side, we have demeaning, multiple verbal slurs, a slap, a shove, a choke hold, and a lunge perpetrated on Jodi. On the other, we have a gunshot to the head, a 4 inch deep slit throat, and close to 30 stab wounds delivered by Jodi to Travis. Is not the perpetrator of the greatest domestic violence Jodi?

79. In the hypothetical given by Mr. Martinez about it being possible Travis was the one who told Jodi he wanted her to leave, if that were true, then isn’t it likely Travis never hit her that day?

80. When Jodi went to confront Bianca about being with Matt McCartney, can’t that be seen as she did it because she was jealous?

81. Jodi went through Travis’ emails, text messages and his inbox of his Myspace page. Did you take any of that into consideration when making your assessment?

82. You bought Ms. Arias books, apologized upon meeting her and ordered her a magazine subscription. Di you do anything else to establish a relationship with Jodi?

83. Have you given her anything else?

84. Have you ever had any physical contact with her, hugs, friendly touching etc?

85. How do you know Jodi received Spiderman underwear from Travis on Valentine’s Day? Did you see them, pictures, or anything else?

86. How many men have you testified for in criminal court?

87. If you had been given access to everything except interviews with Jodi, how would your opinion have varied, if at all?

88. Would you have adjusted your belief in the level of abuse?

89. Other than what Jodi has told you, in what other sources did you see evidence of physical violence by Travis?

90. Would your analysis of this relationship change if, hypothetically speaking, you found out that the stories about physical violence and Travis’ masturbating to children were made up?

91. Regarding nonverbal communication, do you think that you can read through a string of emails, instant messages, and text messages between 2 people and know exactly what the non-verbal communication is?

92. How do you know tone, meaning, inside jokes, and/or the meaning if you cannot get both sides of the story?

93. You said other sources said Jodi was not manipulative. Who are these other sources?

94. When interviewing Jodi, you claimed you did not ask leading questions. If someone asks a specific question that elicits a yes or no response, would you consider that a leading question?

95. You say Travis gives no indication of being stalked, displays no fearful behavior and continues his contact with Jodi of his own accord. How do you reconcile Jodi’s claim of domestic violence if she continues her contact with Travis of her own accord? Where was her fearful behavior?

96. Do you consider someone who says “no jury will ever convict me” to be a person with low self-esteem?

97. How can you say that Jodi and Travis’ relationship was domestic abuse when there is no proof other than name calling on paper and Jodi’s word?

98. Do you handle cases where the female is the abuser?

99. Did Travis discuss abuse of Jodi or any other women in his journal entries?

100. In all of the evidence you reviewed was there any indication anywhere of Travis claiming stalking by anyone else other than Jodi?

101. Of the times you have testified in other cases, how many of these were in defense of men?

102. What is the manifesto you referred to during your testimony?

103. Is there a type of stalking, or what could be considered stalking, that a person is comfortable around a certain person or when they are speaking with them, but are afraid of what they will do or what they are capable of when they’re not around.

104. When speaking of blackmail and being threatened, are you aware that Jodi threatened Travis that she would let out that he was a pedophile?

105. Does that mean anything to you?

106. You stated that it would be beneficial for Jodi to write things she was lying about in her journal to buck up her story. How would she write about these things if her story didn’t change until well after the killing, hypothetically speaking?

107. Regarding the text message from Travis to Jodi where he is upset about her BS story from Michelle or Elena, what exactly was the BS story that Jodi told Travis?

108. Where did you get this information?

109. You stated that Travis was the one lying in this message. How do you know this for sure?

110. How can you know that Jodi’s BS story was not a lie? Not the subject but the actual story that was told?

111. You seem to believe that when the argument began between Jodi and Travis prior to the Havasupai trip, when he followed her upstairs, that he only wanted to pursue an argument. How do you know that he did not want to get the issue resolved and calm her and may have been embarrassed at her behavior in front of the Freemans?

112. Can you explain how Ms. Arias can remember physical abuse incidents so vividly but does not write anything, not even a reference to her feelings, in her journal?

113. You testified writings could have supported her statements. However, is it possible the incidents of abuse reported by Jodi were reported after the fact as a secondary gain to benefit her?

114. Do you have any evidence other than Jodi’s word that Travis made her tear out pages and write only positive thoughts?

115. Who from Jodi’s past did you interview that you were able to rule out Jodi’s manipulative behavior being a pattern?

115. You told us at the beginning of your testimony that you like to meet with each individual before analyzing the relationship. We have heard Jodi’s side of the story. Can you tell us Travis’ side of the story?

116. You mentioned that stalking could fall under the abuse and battering columns in your continuum. If that is true, why is stalking excluded from those columns?

117. Is your continuum incomplete? Why not list all the appropriate bullet points for the appropriate columns?

118. You stated that you have chosen not to take cases in the past because you did not believe an individual? Did you take this case in part because you believe Jodi?

119. If you did not believe her, would have chosen to turn it down?

120. If you start out believing in an individual, doesn’t that by default set up prejudice toward their partner?

121. You stated that regarding anger, it is more common for someone to have a burst of anger and then calm down. Is it possible that Travis’ rants seem longer because they are being viewed in text form?

122. Can you explain as a burst of anger? Could a 10 or 20 minute rant be described as a?

123. If a couple has an argument that takes all day to end, can they still be in a healthy relationship?

124. Would that type of argument indicate abuse?

125. Is it possible for 2 people to be abusive to each other?

126. Don’t you believe that Travis making comments about a 12 year old girl while having a phone sex conversation with Jodi is fundamentally different than Travis allegedly masturbating to photos of young boys?

127. Would you characterize your knowledge of June 4, 2008 as light or incomplete?

128. Are you confused on any of the details of that afternoon?

129. Do you think it is deceptive for someone to not share the most private and intimate details of their lives, like their sexual activities, with their friends and family, or would you consider it normal to keep those things private?

130. If normal, why do you think Travis’ attempts to keep those things private is deceptive?

131. Did you ever see evidence that Jodi was openly sharing all of her most private sexual details with her friends and family?

132. Would you consider that deceptive?

133. You say Jodi’s lies started after she killed Travis. How could you possibly know this?

134. Do you believe that Jodi was subjected to sexual degradation at the hands of Travis?

135. You stated that you saw no signs of Travis feeling or experiencing sexual degradation at the hands of Jodi, noting his desire to see Jodi in California, his actions on the sex call, and comments in various texts, instant messages, etc. Couldn’t that same argument be made regarding Jodi’s alleged sexual degradation given her desire to see Travis, her actions on the sex call, and various comments in instant messages, texts, etc.?

136. If you were to only consider the written conversations and journals, excluding your interview with Jodi, did you see abuse? Please explain.

137. What level or degree would you place that abuse?

138. Considering only the written conversations and journals, can you say you saw an escalation?

139. You mentioned Travis was in a seven year relationship with Deanna. Are you aware of anyone interviewing her to determine if she was a victim or survivor?

140. Did you interview her?

141. You keep saying that Jodi does not match your definition of manipulative. Is it possible that your definition of manipulation differs from others? Is it possible that your definition is wrong?

142. Yesterday you were asked about Jodi being an abuser toward her mother and you stated it was normal teenaged behavior. Do you honestly believe that hitting and kicking your parents are normal behavior at any age?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back