**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ooooo...Flores recalled. I'm ready to see video interrogation from July 16th, when she changed story to 2 intruder BS.

For someone who is scared of TA, killed him in self defense, why is she then calling him - after she killed him - and leaving him a voicemail inviting him to get together?

IMO I believe Jodi was reading a script that she had written when she left the message they just played.

You can hear how she stumbles with her words and sounds like she is reading. Especially when she says "fun, fun". Her words aren't flowing freely like she's just speaking naturally.

Again, JMO

Dustin and Ashley Thompson indicated early on as having some knowledge of what was going on . . . don't remember who told me about this information . . . . sought out court orders to obtain these records . . .

voicemail messages - listened to all of them - not just the one heard in court . .

no redirect- 1 question from the jury - counsel please approach . . . .

Juror question - could you play the voice mail #35 exhibit - I couldn't hear it.

Hey what's going on . . . right about the time you are starting gear up . . . Leslie called you - so you can call her back if you want.

I drove over 100 miles in the wrong direction near New Mexico?

You were not here to prevent me from going int o the 3 digit -

I was looking @ the May calendar not the June one - duh

I don't know when Team 3 . . . we could crater lake and the coast and shakespere or just crater lake and the coast.

6/4/08 @ 11:48 pm

I thought I heard her say, "You were not here to protect me from...."

The voice mail was not in the "deleted voice mails" on TA's phone - just the regular voicemails.

I cannot believe how CALM she is on the phone!!!! she called 5 hours after killing him and just general chit chatted in a calm almost jovial manner.

She didn't sound really calm, as she was talking about 100 miles per minute.

he could at least sit like a damn lawyer and not like hes in a classroom

That's to appear relaxed and unworried. Lots of defense lawyers actually rock back in their chairs and look at the ceiling. Sit all splayed out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot believe how CALM she is on the phone!!!! she called 5 hours after killing him and just general chit chatted in a calm almost jovial manner.

The only odd thing I noticed in her demeanor on the VM message was that she cleared her throat a lot. I wonder if that means anything.

No - it is just her account. I wasn't clear - you don't have to change phone numbers if you move around the country since long distance charges don't apply.
But originally it was probably with her old boyfriend, but after they separated she kept the number.

I thought I heard her say, "You were not here to protect me from...."

She might have - I started to type "protect" and then went back and changed it to "prevent" - . . . .went by so fast!

Be nice... He isn't getting paid enough to defend her. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on the Justice 4 Travis page said there are pretrial minutes where the judge is having him paid $225 per hour. But not sure if that was only for the hearings and not for the actual trial.

State witness: Larry Gladysh from the Mesa PD, homicide unit.

--assisted with the murder investigation.
--Got a warrant for Travis' cell phone so that he could get the pin number changed so that he could access Travis' voicemail, this was done June 25, 2008.
Exhibit #366--
--The officer was interested in a call from 2008-06-04 at 2348 hours.
Exhibit #365--Voicemail let on Travis' phone by Jodi. She is talking about how she got lost and drove over 100 miles in error. Then talking about Travis' upcoming trip, she had the dates wrong. Then went on to talk about the play Othello and how she would love for Travis to come. "Almost midnight, right around the time you are starting to gear up."
Cell phone records show that Jodi was 45 miles north of Kingman and 27 miles from the Nevada border.

CROSS EXAMINATION
DT asks if that was the only voicemail on the phone. Answer: "no". Officer saw other phone records.
--The officer also sought the phone records of Dustin Thompson and Ashley Thompson. DT asks why this was done. Prosecution objects. Lawyers approach the bench.
--Gladysh was asked to get records & got the court orders to get them.

NO REDIRECT
ONE QUESTION FROM THE JURY
1) "Could you play the voicemail, I could not hear it" Voicemail was once again played in court.

DT asks the detective once again if that was the only voicemail on the phone.

Oh goody, more lessons on how to lie badly in interrogation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member