**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was smart enough to change the settings, she would have known that deleted photos could be retrieved AND a washed camera does not destroy the camera card.
I have to disagree. I have a camera very similar to Travis' and can manage to navigate the settings pretty easily. The software is made for simplicity - like the flash icon being a bolt of lighting, red eye reduction being the symbol of an eye, etc. The settings can be manipulated via a wheel attachment located beneath the shutter and menu settings accessed via buttons on the back of the camera.
(You'd use menu settings option for things like setting the time/date; setting the timer; deleting and formatting. Settings like red eye reduction; landscape shots; flash and auto you can use the wheel for. Zoom is a separate function - on mine it's a slider near the shutter button.)

When I bought my camera I certainly wouldn't have known that deleting pictures from the camera didn't also delete them from the card as well - but I set up my software to delete it from the card and/or camera upon upload to my PC. Then again I do not claim to be a professional photographer either. ;) I am most certainly not very technically oriented. (The camera, by the way, has its own (very small) internal memory.)

ETA: I don't believe Jodi washed the camera trying to delete the pics...I think she believed they were deleted already. I tend to think she washed the camera solely to remove any DNA and fingerprints. JMO

All FWIW

Last night it was said that Jodi during her detective interview that she wanted to see the crime scene photos, morbid curiosity.

Did the detective say anything to her that would lead her to believe that the photos were of Travis?

Did she think these photographs were taken by law enforcement and she wanted to look at those body pics?

Or... The photographs that she thought she deleted of dragged Travis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know is that her answer made me think the crime scene photos.

BBM

That person who said that is on crack or spent too much time staring at some yesterday. :floorlaugh:

The jury was shown photos (some that were deleted intentionally off the camera) that were time stamped. Travis was alive and well in those photos very shorty before his death. Makes the self defence lie even bolder.

The sex photos, while odd, do not show any form of bondage and Jodi certainly looks willing and definitely able to participate.

The jury watched the interview by Det. Flores which was a slam dunk of her guilt.

Not sure who on HLN is watching the trial but it certainly wasn't what we saw.

ITA ....They said that one picture where she is in braids, lying naked. Sandler says she didn't look happy, she looked like he forcing her to take these graphic pictures.

REIDY SANDLER (PH), CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Today was a great day for the defense, and as vivid and graphic as these photos are, it actually helps the defense. It sets up either, in a best-case scenario for the defense, self-defense. Worst-case scenario for the defense, it negates premeditation and deliberation and intentional murder. It sets up the fight. It sets up the second-degree murder. So I think, all in all, a very good day for the defense today.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/14/ijvm.01.html

If TA was stabbed while sitting down, the stabbing motion would have to have been an "underhanded motion". Correct?

The reason she might have continued using the knife ......

After the photo of Travis sitting, there is a photo of the bathroom ceiling. I think jodi stabbed him whilst he was sitting in the shower, and he lunged for her and she dropped the camera.

He got up and whilst he was moving she had no choice but to continue using the knife, as maybe the gun was in the bedroom in her purse.

Why not shoot him there in the shower. She can't hold the knife, gun and camera at the same time. Even if she had the gun in her pocket , why not use that while Travis is moving away and trying to escape?

The pic in the shower where his hands are holding his heart...is there blood underneath his hands? Is that why both hands are there? Had she already stabbed him in the heart?

Considering he was still alive and standing there 2 minutes later, probably not.

Liars will repeat your question or part of it to buy time as they think of a response. We have pictures- 'Pictures? Really?' You have braids. 'Braids?'

Liars avoid using contractions- I was not there.... - rather than wasn't

Liars will say never and ever- a lot. 'I would never hurt Travis.... I could not ever hurt Travis....

Liars will give you a sequence of events when you haven't even asked- first, I went...., second, I stopped by....

Liars add in unnecessary details- I have 2 pair of those pants, 1 pair is too small, 1 pair is just right,,,,but they were on sale and I got a good deal on them.

I could never be a liar that just sounds like way to much work

Really wish I knew what she said to him in those last moments. I bet she said something.

I have thought the same. I'll bet she said quite a bit, that she told him he was going to die. Jmo

If TA was stabbed while sitting down, the stabbing motion would have to have been an "underhanded motion". Correct?

Most likely.

Also, if he were stabbed while sitting down I don't know if he would have been able to walk out of the shower. He probably would have crawled out then perhaps grabbed the edge of the sink and tried to pull himself up as she was attacking him.

I think once he was down he was down.

Last night it was said that Jodi during her detective interview that she wanted to see the crime scene photos, morbid curiosity.

Did the detective say anything to her that would lead her to believe that the photos were of Travis?

Did she think these photographs were taken by law enforcement and she wanted to look at those body pics?

Or... The photographs that she thought she deleted of dragged Travis?

dective told her he had pics of their sex time and shots of the murder that camera had taken during the scuffle

I think I might barf for him!
Really... this is how I see JA!
I think she is haunting me!

old-woman-breast-implants.jpg

NOTE TO SELF: Have implants removed when I turn 80!:floorlaugh:

That is my opinion as well. What I pick up from Travis' posture/ demeanor from the photos is that he's not into her. I get that he thought JA was a nut case. She shows up at his house in the middle of the night unannounced. They were f-buddies. He's a guy and getting laid was an option. You can tell from the photos after the act that he doesn't care that she is still there. I think he must have been in the "if you ignore it, it will go away" frame of mind. He was probably trying to figure out how to get rid of her so he could get things ready for his trip. I don't think he necessarily knew she was taking photos of him in the shower. I do think he was ignoring her. Had he been into taking photos while in the shower, he would have glanced over to her for at least one. I think he finally just had enough and let her know that he wanted her to leave. that is the **SNAP** moment. (remember "I will NOT be ignored!" by Glen Close?)

I can't see why he would sit on the floor of the shower unless he was being forced to. He looks scared. The gun is the only thing I can think of. He doubted that she would use it so went along with it. -or - If she was brandishing the knife, I think he would reach for it instead. Could he have done that and she cut his hand? Then he went down in the shower like she instructed (hence the frightened, scared face). Raise the crazy DEFCON level to 1!!

Sorry for the longwindedness. That's just how I envision it going down.

Where are the photos of him sitting in the shower? I haven't seen those.

Good Morning Everyone!

Im still reading through last night's thread but I wanted to ask this question. The photos of Travis in the shower bother me for some reason. Im not sure he even knew she was taking these photos at first. The shower door is closed in most all of them. She could have had the flash off and the water from the shower would drown out the clicking noise of the camera.

I noticed during the questioning that Juan asked about the closet. Was the bathroom closet in view of the shower? Because of zoom capabilities she didnt have to be right up at him. The close up of Travis is the most haunting but he seems to be sitting more upright in that photo, imo. Yet the next one and last one taken (with door open) he is in an akward position imo. His butt is almost in the center of the shower and he is upper torso sloping to the back of the shower. He is not sitting upright as far as I can tell but my eyesight isnt the best but in the next to last photo it seems his chest and head is straight up and pressed close to the wall of the shower.

I just wanted to know if anyone else thinks she was taking his pics maybe from inside the closet when he was just minding his own business taking a shower trying to get all her junk off of him. In some of the pics it is like he is thinking 'Im glad that is over.'

Remember Flores asked her about the pictures in the shower and Jodi said she didnt think Travis would like having his pics taken in the shower. Was he the kind that felt showers were private and wanted no one in there at the time?

IMO

Way back when the photo of Travis crouching in the shower was first posted I thought he looked sad as if he can't even take a shower and get away from Jodi so I think you are correct. The other photos of Travis in the shower look like they may have been taken without his knowledge. With the shower stall door closed and him just starting to relax.

Maybe she waited until he was relaxed sitting on the floor of the shower and approached him to take that final photo of him in the shower. Maybe he reacted first in surprise (photo snapped) and then in anger. Maybe he opened the shower door to tell her to stop and that is when she stabbed him in the chest, damaging his heart. Travis was left handed so I can see him opening the shower glass door with his left hand and arm extending and swinging the door open, leaving his left side (closest to the open door) fully exposed and ideal for Jodi to plant the first blow of her knife.

Most likely.

Also, if he were stabbed while sitting down I don't know if he would have been able to walk out of the shower. He probably would have crawled out then perhaps grabbed the edge of the sink and tried to pull himself up as she was attacking him.

I think once he was down he was down.

Didn't the ME testify that his chest wound showed a very slight upward or downward angle? I cannot remember which one now but I know it came out on cross exam.

I have to disagree. I have a camera very similar to Travis' and can manage to navigate the settings pretty easily. The software is made for simplicity - like the flash icon being a bolt of lighting, red eye reduction being the symbol of an eye, etc. The settings can be manipulated via a wheel attachment located beneath the shutter and menu settings accessed via buttons on the back of the camera.
(You'd use menu settings option for things like setting the time/date; setting the timer; deleting and formatting. Settings like red eye reduction; landscape shots; flash and auto you can use the wheel for. Zoom is a separate function - on mine it's a slider near the shutter button.)

When I bought my camera I certainly wouldn't have known that deleting pictures from the camera didn't also delete them from the card as well - but I set up my software to delete it from the card and camera upon upload to my PC. Then again I do not claim to be a professional photographer either. ;) I am most certainly not very technically oriented.

ETA: I don't believe Jodi washed the camera trying to delete the pics...I think she believed they were deleted already. I tend to think she washed the camera solely to remove any DNA and fingerprints. JMO

All FWIW

BBM, just to let you know just because you use your PC and transfer pics and choose to have them deleted from card, they are just as recoverable as doing it from the camera, either way pics are easily found and no need for sophisticated forensic software there are tons of data recovery solutions.

If the photos were deleted on the camera found in the washing machine, how can they be retrieved?

SD cards are very sturdy. He also had software to extract the photos. I have done it myself. It's actually very easy.

That is my opinion as well. What I pick up from Travis' posture/ demeanor from the photos is that he's not into her. I get that he thought JA was a nut case. She shows up at his house in the middle of the night unannounced. They were f-buddies. He's a guy and getting laid was an option. You can tell from the photos after the act that he doesn't care that she is still there. I think he must have been in the "if you ignore it, it will go away" frame of mind. He was probably trying to figure out how to get rid of her so he could get things ready for his trip. I don't think he necessarily knew she was taking photos of him in the shower. I do think he was ignoring her. Had he been into taking photos while in the shower, he would have glanced over to her for at least one. I think he finally just had enough and let her know that he wanted her to leave. that is the **SNAP** moment. (remember "I will NOT be ignored!" by Glen Close?)

I can't see why he would sit on the floor of the shower unless he was being forced to. He looks scared. The gun is the only thing I can think of. He doubted that she would use it so went along with it. -or - If she was brandishing the knife, I think he would reach for it instead. Could he have done that and she cut his hand? Then he went down in the shower like she instructed (hence the frightened, scared face). Raise the crazy DEFCON level to 1!!

Sorry for the longwindedness. That's just how I envision it going down.

I agree that it happened somewhat like this

Looking back at the photo where TA is looking directly into the camera..does it look like there is some marking on both sides of his neck? It looks red to me...like something was tied tight around his neck. But I could be wrong.........

BBM
BBM, just to let you know just because you use your PC and transfer pics and choose to have them deleted from card, they are just as recoverable as doing it from the camera, either way pics are easily found and no need for sophisticated forensic software there are tons of data recovery solutions.
:what: :Thinks of all those unflattering poolside pics I thought I killed this summer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState