**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly do not think that one picture of JA would be appropriate to hang in an "art" gallery. But, then again, that is just my opinion.

It is art that only picasso could be allowed to paint!

I wonder if there is some sort of scheduling issues with the 'other case' that held them up this morning too.
The way she has been sitting there, I haven't seen any indication that she thinks she is losing, and should take a plea.
If this was about the mistrial, wouldn't they be doing that in open court, like they have been?

It is about her case because she is in there with them.

I dont think she will take a Plea deal yet....she is having too much fun sitting in the court room and I think Jail Idol is starting soon, she def does not want to miss any of that.

Just have to get my 2 cents in... her hoo hoo is disturbing to me...looks a little like the grand canyon...at 50 mine is much prettier and pinker and not so "canyon" like....JMO, ofcourse..;0)

The defense is making mistrial motions not because they really believe they will be granted, but to establish a groundwork for an appeal or overturn after conviction. Perhaps they think that is the best way to get the death sentence possibility thrown out of the equation.

Hey all! Joining in on the fun now. :)

The state seal on my screen scares me, and I'm totally serious. Traumatized from yesterday still.

Look into the big brown eye, GobBluth. You're falling, falling, down, down into the big dark hole.

Honestly I think her statement about begging for death Penalty is more predijudical than probative... But I'm not a lawyer;)

I have been reading through all the post while watching the trial. I find that I am always in agreement with what your posting..........I know it is not in agreement with most of what I read. I just can't understand why he let her in his house. Can he be so enticed to have relations with JA to the the point that he would ignore the account hacking and tire slashing. I would have absolutely nothing to do with someone that did that to me..............good time or not....can't make sense of that one:waitasec:

Sex? Manipulated? Believed letting her in would be less of a pain than not? Somewhat flattered that she was that jealous? May have had subconscious fears that he ignored thinking she maybe crazy but wouldn;t do anything that dangerous?

You have to remember that, from what we have heard thus far, Travis was a Mormon guy who had never had sex until jodi and at age 30, was probably quite taken with the act when she introduced it. He hung out with Mormon girls. Most of them were not like jodi. Sex can be addictive for a guy in that situation, and if the gal is showing up and taking all her clothes off and getting into your bed, as friends of Travis state he told them she did, it could be very hard to say no.

I do think this case brings up some important things to discuss with our sons and brothers and friends: Men can be victims of brutal crimes too and should listen to their guts. Also, I have noticed that the crazier a woman is with sex, the crazier she often is, period.

I don't think it was self defense; but I am still not there with premeditation. Still weighing evidence.

Hmm. What do you think about her renting a car 90 miles from her house then and flipping the plates? Or about the odd burglary at her house a week before the murder, of only one of the many guns there, and the fact that the only gun missing just happens to be the same caliber as the one used to kill Travis? Do you believe any of that shows premeditation?

How about the shower photo sequence? Here she is taking photo after photo of Travis in the shower and second later he is totally dead. How does that show any evidence that she suddenly snapped? There doesn't seem enough time for him to have done something to cause her to suddenly go from taking photos to ruthless murder.

If this is declared a mistrial, it will have to be redone, right? What more can the defense gain with more time to work on this case?

the longer amount of time that lapses the harder it is to get a conviction - witnesses memories fade, evidence gets lost or can be said to be contaminated - even key witnesses die

NO EXPLANATION? what!!1 i feel for the ones paying taxes for this case

Sorry. I've been mia. Hope this wasn't already discussed in full...

Some thoughts re Travis sitting in shower looking hopeless- what if she was holding the knife on herself pulling a "poor pitiful me. Ooh I'm going to kill myself over you". Travis just crouches down in despair to talk it out with her and to try to get her to clam down. If he were to reach out to her then she attacked.

Is there anyone in this forum that ever sits on their shower floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tessi417