Graphic Photos/ Day 6 The Garotte, The Cord, and Paint brush/12 Days of JonBenet

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the handle
[video=youtube;89bTHET8GEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89bTHET8GEI[/video]
1:42:57

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• the handle.jpg
    the handle.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 306
  • the handle 2.jpg
    the handle 2.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 311
  • the handle 3.jpg
    the handle 3.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 308
Just so we're clear here: the cord was determined to be from a store in the area (that was frequented by the R's). It's an interesting thought that it might have come from the doll, but it's well established that the cord was from the store.

That's an assumption. The cord was available at that store, one of two in the area. LE found a receipt for that dollar amount, but that may well have been for something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After lookin at the picture of the cord with double loops at one end it is obvious to me that someone was goin to attempt to place JB'S hands in them but when they realized that it wasn't goin to happen due to the rigor they went with the long section in between.

At one time both the cord and the garrote were probably the same piece of twine, makin up one longer length.

Very well could be that after the crime there was several feet of cord left. Rather than risk disposing of it, they used all of it for the hand restraints even though it was too long.

Very well could be that after the crime there was several feet of cord left. Rather than risk disposing of it, they used all of it for the hand restraints even though it was too long.

There was around 15" of cord between JBR's wrists. The person doing the staging could have left this gap simply because there was excess cord.

Any excess cord, or excess duct tape, ransom note pages etc., could have been inside PR's purse or handbag when she left the house in the afternoon. She knew she would not be searched.

There was around 15" of cord between JBR's wrists. The person doing the staging could have left this gap simply because there was excess cord.

Any excess cord, or excess duct tape, ransom note pages etc., could have been inside PR's purse or handbag when she left the house in the afternoon. She knew she would not be searched.

She didn't know she wouldn't be searched, in fact she was probably aware that there would be a good chance she would be searched.

She didn't know she wouldn't be searched, in fact she was probably aware that there would be a good chance she would be searched.

Why would you think a grieving couple would be searched as they leave their own house? They weren't officially suspects at that time.

Why would you think a grieving couple would be searched as they leave their own house? They weren't officially suspects at that time.

If cops hadn't been so spineless they would have insisted the couple go to headquarters for questioning. Burke could have cracked. Nobody knew exactly how the day would play out, but no matter what her story, if she was caught with cord, tape and panties in he purse, her goose was cooked.

That's an assumption. The cord was available at that store, one of two in the area. LE found a receipt for that dollar amount, but that may well have been for something else.

Disagree -- the police could easily compare the cords to one another. If you want to believe that the dollar amount isn't indicative that the cord was bought, that's fine (although I'd disagree with that also); but if you're saying that the cord recovered from JBR doesn't match the one sold at the store, that's false.

If cops hadn't been so spineless they would have insisted the couple go to headquarters for questioning. Burke could have cracked. Nobody knew exactly how the day would play out, but no matter what her story, if she was caught with cord, tape and panties in he purse, her goose was cooked.

Yes but she wasn't searched and there never was any likelihood that she would have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Anything that wasn't found (excess rope, duct tape roll, etc.) could have easily been hidden somewhere in the house (and not found by police) or even removed by sister Pam.

Yes but she wasn't searched and there never was any likelihood that she would have been.

[/QUOTE]

You mean to say that if the pair of them were taken directly to be separately questioned like they should have been, that LE would not have come up with probable cause to search them? Their stories would have been miles apart and Patsy would have cracked like a nut. If officer French had opened that door when he was down there I believe things would have turned out much differently than they did.

Regardless, these items could have just been odds and ends and there may never have been any leftovers.

Anything that wasn't found (excess rope, duct tape roll, etc.) could have easily been hidden somewhere in the house (and not found by police) or even removed by sister Pam.

Exactly, safer to stick it in the pocket of one of the thousands of garments in that house. That would explain Pam's extensive shopping list.

You mean to say that if the pair of them were taken directly to be separately questioned like they should have been, that LE would not have come up with probable cause to search them? Their stories would have been miles apart and Patsy would have cracked like a nut. If officer French had opened that door when he was down there I believe things would have turned out much differently than they did.

Regardless, these items could have just been odds and ends and there may never have been any leftovers.

As I understand the law a person can only be searched if they are under arrest, or maybe if the police feel they have just cause.

On the 26th the Ramseys were seen by all (including the police) as grieving parents.

Even if they had been interviewed separately they would not have been searched, not unless one of them admitted being involved in the murder.....then (presumably) they would have been searched.

Yes, I believe Patsy would have cracked, she was near hysteria anyway by the sound of things. Burke too, would probably have let something slip. This (imo) is why John knew he had to get the family out of there ASAP.

UK
if the distance between wrist restraints is 15 inches,
can the entire apparatus approach 3 feet in length?

I think the cord was branded as Stansport. It had a code number as well, which I've forgotten.

http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682514/The Cords

"Stansport Cord.
  1. Description. The cord used was traced to Stansport; it comes in 50' and 100' lengths (item #N-50). According to Internet poster heymom it is also known as "Coghlan's Cord."
  2. Where Sold. Authorities determined that this cord was sold at Boulder Army Store and McGuckin's. Internet poster BluesStrat has provided a picture of similar cord taken at McGuckin's Hardware store by Frank Coffman (aka Masked Man).
  3. Purchased by Patsy? Steve Thomas's book claimed that a receipt from McGuckin's for the exact amount of this particular type of cord was traced to the Ramsey's. However, Coffman's photograph listed above suggested that the cord actually sold for a different price."

[6mm]

The police tried to obtain copies of the R's credit card receipts and statements but the R's lawyers blocked this. I wonder why? What did they have to hide?

If you or I were grieving parents in that situation wouldn't we want to help the police in any way we could, to find the person who did this terrible thing?

As for getting rid of excess cord and tape etc., it would probably have been put into PR's bag. Or maybe put into one of JR's golf bags (pictured next to the cellar room door).

He specifically asked Pam Paugh to bring one particular set of golf clubs. Why? Surely he was not intending to play golf in the days after his daughter was murdered?

Pam was not permitted (officially) to go down to the basement but I wouldn'tmind betting that the police officer who was with her went down there and got the clubs for her.

Just surmising (as usual).

As I understand the law a person can only be searched if they are under arrest, or maybe if the police feel they have just cause.

On the 26th the Ramseys were seen by all (including the police) as grieving parents.

Even if they had been interviewed separately they would not have been searched, not unless one of them admitted being involved in the murder.....then (presumably) they would have been searched.

Yes, I believe Patsy would have cracked, she was near hysteria anyway by the sound of things. Burke too, would probably have let something slip. This (imo) is why John knew he had to get the family out of there ASAP.

She either murdered or aided in the coverup of the murder mere hours before. Either her deception was going to work or she was going to jail, where she would be searched. Its easy to say now that she didn't have to worry bout it, but on that morning I'm sure it was a concern.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back