Greece Greece - Ben Needham, 21 mos, Isle of Kos, 24 July 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But even if it is Ben's blood it doesn't prove how he died, or actually even if he has died.

I'm going in a couple of weeks. I'll try and find out the word on the street but I doubt they like talking about it too much.

Its said that he was crushed to death by an accident - the guy that did it passed away and there's a cover up of some sort that was involved

Police, however, is also looking into possibility that something even more sinister went down

Its said that he was crushed to death by an accident - the guy that did it passed away and there's a cover up of some sort that was involved

Police, however, is also looking into possibility that something even more sinister went down

But blood is blood, he could have hurt himself and bled well before he disappeared.

It would be more of a breakthrough if it was someone elses blood, but I don't know what that would prove either.

I fear this, but only based on bits I've read. Where have you heard it?

But blood is blood, he could have hurt himself and bled well before he disappeared.

It would be more of a breakthrough if it was someone elses blood, but I don't know what that would prove either.
I said the same on Twitter; what COULD blood prove?

Wow! I have been following this case for a while. I'm glad it's unfolding, yet I really believed he was out there somewhere. How long will DNA testing take?

I hope I didn't sound like I was admonishing you! Just wanted to give you a quick answer while getting chores done. :D

Nooo. I wasn't offended at all.

I thought the comment I was referring to was implicating family, which I thought you weren't allowed to do on Websleuths, so I didn't even bother reading through. I will have a scan through the pages.

Thank you.

Decomposed blood found on a car discovered 750 meters from where Ben was last seen, in addition to his found sandals, is sadly "all" his family may get, but it sounds like they will finally "know" Ben has long since passed.

Ben Needham's mother is still waiting after 18 months for DNA results from bloodstains on a toy car and sandal found at the scene where her boy vanished almost 27 years ago

The mother of missing toddler Ben Needham is still waiting for DNA test results on two items found where the child vanished, 18 months after they were dug up.

Kerry Needham, 44, revealed last year that blood had been found on both a toy car and a sandal by British police during a fresh search for the missing youngster in 2016.

South Yorkshire police investigators flew to the Greek island of Kos to try find out what happened to Ben when he disappeared almost 27 years ago.

But officers formally ended their search on after failing to find the toddler's remains.

The DNA tests are being done by an independent group who are doing it for free, rather than by police, according to the Sun Online.

A new message on the official Help Find Ben Needham Facebook page read: 'We are still waiting for an update re the items found on the latest dig.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...results-toy-car-sandal-Kos-18-months-ago.html

Ben Needham's mother is still waiting after 18 months for DNA results from bloodstains on a toy car and sandal found at the scene where her boy vanished almost 27 years ago

The mother of missing toddler Ben Needham is still waiting for DNA test results on two items found where the child vanished, 18 months after they were dug up.

Kerry Needham, 44, revealed last year that blood had been found on both a toy car and a sandal by British police during a fresh search for the missing youngster in 2016.

South Yorkshire police investigators flew to the Greek island of Kos to try find out what happened to Ben when he disappeared almost 27 years ago.

But officers formally ended their search on after failing to find the toddler's remains.

The DNA tests are being done by an independent group who are doing it for free, rather than by police, according to the Sun Online.

A new message on the official Help Find Ben Needham Facebook page read: 'We are still waiting for an update re the items found on the latest dig.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...results-toy-car-sandal-Kos-18-months-ago.html

The saddest thing about this is that there is more evidence in this case, than in the case of some other missing people (a certain little girl for example) and yet the Needham's are not receiving as much support or help. If such evidence was found in another case, where more money has been given, I bet the results would have come back within a few days. I feel so sorry for the family, not knowing what happened and never receiving the support and help that other people have.

Ben Needham: Blow for family as DNA found on toy car in Kos doesn't match missing toddler

The 21-month-old toddler went missing on the Greek island of Kos 27 years ago.

In 2016, South Yorkshire Police secured a Home Office grant for a fresh dig around the farmhouse in Kos, after a witness came forward with information about a second site where it's thought his remains could lie.

Officers found a number of items, but it was two specific samples which were tested - a toy car which could have been Ben's found on the second to last day, and a scrap of sandal leather, found in a previous search in 2012.

Although police do not know whose DNA was found, the tests reveal it's not from the toddler.

It's yet more anguish for the Needham family, particularly his mother Kerry, who has been searching for her son for 27 years.

It doesn't give us closure, it doesn't give us anything, it only gives us what the police believe and what we have been told - although we still do believe what South Yorkshire Police are saying there's still that element of doubt in our mind - not that the police could be wrong but did somebody lie - did somebody give false information to make South Yorkshire Police and us believe that Ben had died on that day, as some kind of smoke screen. – Kerry Needham, Ben's mother

Ben Needham: Blow for family as DNA found on toy car in Kos doesn't match missing toddler

The 21-month-old toddler went missing on the Greek island of Kos 27 years ago.

In 2016, South Yorkshire Police secured a Home Office grant for a fresh dig around the farmhouse in Kos, after a witness came forward with information about a second site where it's thought his remains could lie.

Officers found a number of items, but it was two specific samples which were tested - a toy car which could have been Ben's found on the second to last day, and a scrap of sandal leather, found in a previous search in 2012.

Although police do not know whose DNA was found, the tests reveal it's not from the toddler.

It's yet more anguish for the Needham family, particularly his mother Kerry, who has been searching for her son for 27 years.

It doesn't give us closure, it doesn't give us anything, it only gives us what the police believe and what we have been told - although we still do believe what South Yorkshire Police are saying there's still that element of doubt in our mind - not that the police could be wrong but did somebody lie - did somebody give false information to make South Yorkshire Police and us believe that Ben had died on that day, as some kind of smoke screen. – Kerry Needham, Ben's mother

Just came here to post thus update, so thanks Murkeywaters for keeping all up to date.
There are many of us that have not forgotten missing Ben. so sad j.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics
Back