GUILTY Grenada - Linnea Veinotte, 36, St Georges, 6 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Crap!
So disappointed to hear the latest news.
Hugs to Linnea\s loved ones....particularly her husband and boys. May they keep her memory close to their hearts.

:rose:

Man. It appears they took down the find Linnea fb page. Beautiful young mother goes out jogging with her dog (maybe taken for protection?) in an affluent neighborhood having only lived there a few months, and she is killed. Nobody is safe in this world, it seems. Thoughts are with her family, especially her two young sons that now have to grow up without their mother because of garbage.

They didn't take the page down. It's just been turned into a memorial. https://www.facebook.com/InMemoryofLinneaVeinotte/?fref=ts

Now that it's been confirmed she's passed, I really want to know what happened, exactly..

Linnea was surely a noble, gente and kind person. She is receiving such a tribute from everyone who knew her in the page In Memory of Linnea Veinotte. Her husband just posted...

Can't stop my tears running. Why, oh why?! How dare someone to take the life of a young mother, wife?!:cry:

Now LE needs to find out if it was intentional for nefarious purposes or if it was initially an accident that was covered up due to DUI or other. sigh. I feel so for her children and family.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/linnea-veinotte-grenada-1.3362485
si-matt-linnea-vienotte.jpg
"In an emotional statement on the In Memory Of Linnea Veinotte Facebook page, Matt Veinotte shared his grief with the world.
"It does not seem real; I am waiting and hoping that I'll wake up from this 5 days of agony. I'm hurt...lost… angry… empty… and lonely."

He thanks the thousands of volunteers who helped in the search for his missing wife and thanks his family and his young sons Lucas and Isaac. He also shoulders the blame in a poignant outpouring of grief.

"It was my job to keep our family safe… and I failed! Now I have to look into the eyes of everyone that knows Linnea, especially our two little boys and find a way keep them safe, to give them love, and provide in a way that only she could do."

Lengthy article.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...n-woman-linnea-veinotte-found-dead-in-grenada
"Frank, the man being held over her disappearance, is wearing dark sunglasses in his Facebook profile photo. He holds a study Bible in his left hand, while flashing the peace sign with his right. An individual with the same name, who would be the same age as Frank is today, was featured in a news report published in Grenada Today’s web edition in 2008.

In the report Senior High Court Judge Madam Justice Clare Henry urged Islanders to pray for the nation’s directionless youth, including an Akim Frank, then 18, who was sentenced to prison “for the offence of burglary, and six months for the offences of causing harm, stealing and wounding.”

Grenadian authorities can detain an individual for up to 48 hours without charging them. The punishment for murder in Grenada is life imprisonment, though death by hanging remains on the books as a punitive option.

“Our record has shown that there has been crime against foreigners — but that it’s not prevalent here,” McIntyre said. “We still don’t know how to characterize what happened here, exactly.

“Whether it was a crime, or whether it some kind of an accident, that we cannot say.”

Oh gosh. Wish I hadn't even logged on to see this tonight. The memorial page has me in tears.

Rest in Peace, Linnea. Prayers for the family and all those that loved her.

Oh gosh. Wish I hadn't even logged on to see this tonight. The memorial page has me in tears.

Rest in Peace, Linnea. Prayers for the family and all those that loved her.

Here the same. There are persons that think it is impossible to feel pain for others we never knew, but no, we do feel the loss of some persons.

I speak for myself. I always feel sad for the persons we are following here that are victims of crimes. For them and for their families. But no doubt, some touch us deeply than others.

It may be because we feel we share some life details with some of them or because they remind us of persons we know and love, or simply because we put ourselves in their shoes...

Since I joined WB I now go on along life with some souls I knew here. But amongst them there are the ones that perhaps I remember eveyday and feel so sorry for them to have lost their lives. I feel so much simpathy and empathy for them.

Stephanie Scott from Australia

and now

Linnea Veinotte are at the top of my remembering and I have shed tears for both.

Both so young women, with stable lives, with no dangerous behaviours and teachers as I too am.

Earlier today I was thinking how I would like to be able to travel to be together with her family in the goodbye to her. I felt the same with Stephanie... Comon persons who were at the wrong time in a wrong place and died so unexpectedly.

May their families find some peace along the years.

Stephanie was to be married 6 days after she was murdered...

Linnea had two little boys... oh dear :cry: how can these families cope... so much sadness and frustration, not even the chance of saying goodbye :cry:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/akim-frank-charge-linnea-veinotte-1.3363601

"Wee FM, an island radio station, reported it was in a makeshift grave on a golf course, while MTV Grenada said the body was found on the property of a prominent island resident.

According to the Now Grenada website, non-capital murder is not intentional and does not carry the death penalty in most cases.

Shere-Ann Noel, an award-winning reporter with Community Channel 6 in Grenada, was at a news conference called by the Royal Grenada Police Force on Monday. She said Frank appeared before Magistrate Tamara Gill at 9 a.m. to hear the charge of non-capital murder, and he will be back in court on Dec. 30.

Noel said police revealed at the news conference they have a total of nine witnesses, and "five are civilians."

She said police have not revealed much more about the case, though unconfirmed reports are that the vehicle Akim was driving when he allegedly hit Veinotte and her dog, "belonged to the boss where he works at one of the guest houses in the south of the island."

Nothing much new, but I love the picture in these articles; and the letter from her husband is heartbreaking! :cry:

http://www.caribbean360.com/news/ma...ection-with-death-of-canadian-linnea-veinotte

Lawmen are still awaiting the autopsy results to determine the cause of death of the 36-year-old married mother of two, who was a lecturer at St. George’s University.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sing-jogging-dog-family-vacation-Grenada.html

Her husband - who was her high school sweetheart - thanked all those who helped with the search in an emotional Facebook message on Saturday.
‘Thank you’ isn’t enough… and when I have time to reflect, I hope to be able to say thank you in a way that truly reflects how thankful I am to everyone over the past six days,' wrote Mr. Veinotte.
He then said of his losing his wife; 'It does not seem real; I am waiting and hoping that I’ll wake up from this 5 days of agony. I’m hurt… lost… angry… empty… and lonely.

Ms. Veinotte's cause of death is expected to be revealed on Monday afternoon following an autopsy.

linnea-and-family.jpg

:rose: R.I.P. Linnea :rose:

:cry:

They're probably going to rule this an accident.....followed shortly thereafter by a huge amount of stupidity.

The screeching tires sounds like an accident........ burying the body in a shallow grave doesn't.

I think this guy hit them by accident and then went into a major panic and tried to hide it. More than likely he was afraid his employer would fire him. Only God knows what kind of drugs or alcohol he may have had in him when it happened, it may have mainly been out of his system by the time they finally caught up to him.

http://www.cp24.com/news/man-accuse...in-grenada-to-appear-in-court-today-1.2717946

ST. GEORGE'S, Grenada - A 26-year-old man accused in the death of a New Brunswick woman who disappeared while jogging in Grenada is due in court today.

Akim Frank is charged with non-capital murder in the death of Linnea Veinotte, who was last seen with her dog on the small Caribbean island earlier this month.

Police say the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the chest and lower limbs as a result of being struck by a vehicle.

Akim Frank pleads not guilty to murder of Linnea Veinotte - April

Akim Frank, the Grenadian man charged in the death of New Brunswick native Linnea Veinotte, has pleaded not guilty to non-capital murder.

Non-capital murder is similar to a first-degree murder charge in Canada. It carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.

Grenada man accused in death of Linnea Veinotte may not go to trial until 2017 - August

The Grenada man accused of killing 36-year-old Linnea Veinotte in a fatal hit-and-run last December on the Caribbean island may not go to trial until 2017.

"More than likely it would be in the latter part of 2017, as we do have a number of other defendants on remand before the accused who are awaiting trial," said Howard Pinnock, senior Crown counsel in the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, in a written statement in response to inquiries from CBC News.

Murder trial date set for Akim Frank in death of Linnea Veinotte

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/linnea-veinotte-akim-frank-grenada-murder-trial-1.4032798

The Grenadian man accused of killing New Brunswick-born Linnea Veinotte in 2015 and ditching her body near a golf course will go to trial on Nov. 21.

That date was set after a status hearing in a courtroom in St. George's, Grenada, last Thursday.

Akim Frank, who was 26 at the time of Veinotte's death, has remained in jail since he turned himself in to police six days after Veinotte disappeared Dec. 6, 2015.

Police say it was Frank who led investigators to the partly decomposed body of Veinotte, 36, some six kilometres from where police found collision debris. He allegedly struck Veinotte with a borrowed SUV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cngmac
Back