Greta 8-22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think Casey had a gambling problem,.. why else would she need to steal so much money and have nothing to show for it?

I think all Casey managed to steal from the her Gp's is about 352.00. Something like that. The rest she stole from her parents, 25K, maybe more.

Well the heck did she spend 25K on? Gambling fits, at least to get her into debt but what fits better is loansharks to pay off a debt. You don't pay back + all of the interest the debt just keeps getting bigger and more dangerous. Anyone know anything about the current breed of loansharks out there today.

There's a post on the 'Rick' thread with a link to an AT&T webpage for the blackjack that shows it costs almost exactly what Casey forged grandpa's check for - $354.

But was it her grandma who wanted to press charges against Casey? For some reason I thought it was the nursing home because of some kind of restriction on use of money in that particular checking account.

Hence the reason that Cindy did not want LE to go to the nursing home to verify the date that the video of Caylee was made.

There's a post on the 'Rick' thread with a link to an AT&T webpage for the blackjack that shows it costs almost exactly what Casey forged grandpa's check for - $354.

But was it her grandma who wanted to press charges against Casey? For some reason I thought it was the nursing home because of some kind of restriction on use of money in that particular checking account.

IIRC, Rick said that Casey stole a check from Grandma's purse and one from her Grandpa at the NH but couldn't use his check because of some protocol at the nursing home, but she was able to use Grandmas

Well if she was lying about working full time to her parents and friends, the money had to come from somewhere, hence the stealing.

IIRC, Rick said that Casey stole a check from Grandma's purse and one from her Grandpa at the NH but couldn't use his check because of some protocol at the nursing home, but she was able to use Grandmas
No - he said Casey stole them from the Great grands bedroom

And yea there was a restriction. Only cheques to the nursing home were to be cashed. Casey managed to take a cheque, that Cindy had, and cashed it. He also said Cindy had to drain her 401k to replace other money spent by Casey. I'm not sure if this was the credit card money or not...
Thanks - that was my recollection, as well. Something about Cindy being prone to exaggeration (quelle surprise!) so it might have been closer to $25,000 than $45,000, but still a big enough chunk of change that she had to go into her 401K to cover it.

Wow..remembering Cindys first story...about Casey taking Caylee for a "bonding" vacation! And would that be the reason why they first said the 9th? Knowing that the visit at the nursing home would reveal too much? Wow...

I agree. I was actually joking -- a little -- about gift for TonE. I think lying and stealing have been routine behavior for much of her life. And who knows, maybe gambling, too. And drugs.
The money was going somewhere and since she was either living at home or with the boyfriend, it must have been spent on "fun".

"... snip ... I swear Media goes off of whatever WS Members post here. I have seen and heard so many things discussed her days AFTER! *sigh*

That's been said as long as I've been here and way before I joined...
back when I was still a lurker!

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]From: RickA1P71[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Sent: 8/20/2008 5:16 PM[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]She also heard that I may go on Greta. I talked to Suzan and she will try to get Greta. I won't go on TV but will agree to do it by phone. I don't want people here to hurass my wife or me about this. Some people are funny about it. Funny meaning strange. [/FONT]

http://groups.msn.com/CayleeMarieAn..._Message=204&LastModified=4675686648838458385

Hence the reason that Cindy did not want LE to go to the nursing home to verify the date that the video of Caylee was made.
Why do I feel there should be another obstruction of justice charge here? :)

Well the heck did she spend 25K on? Gambling fits, at least to get her into debt but what fits better is loansharks to pay off a debt. You don't pay back + all of the interest the debt just keeps getting bigger and more dangerous. Anyone know anything about the current breed of loansharks out there today.

Gambling, could be. I think it was more of Casey supporting her lifestyle.....pretending to be a rich girl with a nanny. She probably bought her friendships. She also needed money to do stuff while she was pretending to work.

Ricks words:

Cindy and Casey were fighting the day before Casey left with Caylee. They had visited my mom and dad on father's day at the nursing home. My mom was angry that Cindy didn't do anything about Casey stealing money from their checking accounts. Thank God that the account for my father was hooked to the nursing home and wasn't allowed to be cashed by no one other than the nursing home. My mom got that money reimbursed from the bank. She asked that the bank press charges but somehow Cindy and George got Casey out of it. That is what we think the fighting was about after they got home that evening that the neighbors overheard.

Casey's grandma,(my mom) lives right around the corner from the nursing home. Casey found the checkbooks in my moms bedroom. She stole 1 from each account. My mom can write a check for my dad but it has to be for the nursing home and nothing else. Casey tried to cash and did cash it at a store for 354 dollars. I don;t know what she bought though.

The grandmother could write the checks, but they were to be used for needs of her husband's in the nursing home only. It was set up specifically to buy the extra items not covered under Medicare or Medicaid. It was money set aside that they let them keep with those stipulations. The nursing home wasn't responsible for the account. It was between the state and the grandparents. (IIRC)
So now Casey may be facing embezzlement charges from the state of Florida?

What next?!

No - he said Casey stole them from the Great grands bedroom

It could have been GG bedroom...or Cindys, I had thought? Can't be positive, would have to search...one or the other, at any rate.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]From: RickA1P71[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Sent: 8/20/2008 5:25 PM[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Casey kept the identy a secret after she couldn't pin it on Jesse after the paternaty test came back. I don't know JP Chat though.
[/FONT]

Greta is not the type to take off of a forum information like this. Greta is a FACT person, prove it to me kinda gal. Way too much at stake for her as well as OTR!!!

Oh I am not complaining about Greta. But, those on staff... I admire she atleast went all the way out there to interview. NG drives me crazy. Greta, I respect. However, I feel that there are hardly any real investigative news journalists/reporters out there.

You do not think Greta got a lead to contact Cindy's brother through WS? Fox has even mentioned bloggers and the site before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back