Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/STREITS-MIX-STUFFING-6-5-OZ-Pack-of-12/31007156

Streit's seems to be vegan, if the brand is available near you? Most Streit's products can be served with meat dishes, or with milk dishes -- and under Kosher/kashrut law must contain neither.

Reindeer Haystacks on the cooling racks at my house today.

Dang it, just this am I took a bottle of champagne and orange juice to a neighbor, (for mimosas) and a brocolli quiche. I completely didn't consider that since they were of the Jewish faith, that they could not eat milk products. :banghead:

well I finally got my tofurky roasts but had to do pickup at a store quite a ways from us cause everywhere closer was sold out (since Thanksgiving in October!)

also found vegan gravy at yet another store where my Mom lives but it was on sale $1.50 per can and could have got it at Walmart on sale for .67 per can but that Walmart has had Covid cases so trying to stay away from there

still can't find vegan stuffing and in fact, there's hardly any boxed stuffing of any kind at all the stores - one manager told me he can't get any in so ... the roasts I got do have stuffing inside them but it's such a small amount and I LOVE stuffing with mashed potatoes & gravy

I keep looking at homemade recipes but it looks like so much work and I'm not up for it this year

ETA: I did find vegan stuffing at, of all places, M & M Meats but they want $20 for it!!!
I used Pepperidge farms seasoned bread cubes (Many flavors available)for our Thanksgiving this year. It is super easy. The recipe calls for 2 cups chicken broth but you could replace it with vegetable broth. (Use a little extra broth and cover while baking to keep it from getting dry).
upload_2020-12-21_6-14-51.png

Dang it, just this am I took a bottle of champagne and orange juice to a neighbor, (for mimosas) and a brocolli quiche. I completely didn't consider that since they were of the Jewish faith, that they could not eat milk products. :banghead:

Not to worry. As long as the broccoli quiche doesn't have meat, it is fine for your neighbors to enjoy a "dairy" meal. If they keep Kosher, they would not consume dairy with any type of meat. I'll assume that your quiche has veggies, eggs, and cheese, and that is perfectly fine. I'm sure your neighbors appreciated your kind gesture :)

Last edited:
I used Pepperidge farms seasoned bread cubes (Many flavors available)for our Thanksgiving this year. It is super easy. The recipe calls for 2 cups chicken broth but you could replace it with vegetable broth. (Use a little extra broth and cover while baking to keep it from getting dry).
View attachment 276389

thanks haven't seen those here either
but I think I finally found some at Walmart
picking it up later

Not to worry. As long as the broccoli quiche doesn't have meat, it is fine for your neighbors to enjoy a "dairy" meal. If they keep Kosher, they would not consume dairy with any type of meat. I'll assume that your quiche has veggies, eggs, and cheese, and that is perfectly fine. I'm sure your neighbors appreciated your kind gesture :)

The family, if observant, will enjoy the quiche at a meal without meat products.

Your champagne & OJ are neither milk nor meat, can be served with either!

A little off topic-- Does anyone have an Instapot? My husband asks me what I want for Xmas--- if this were a normal year we would go shopping looking for presents, probably clothes. since this is not a normal year, I am thinking, what might I like, but wouldn't buy myself- and I thought of an Instapot---- we have a slow cooker but an Instapot can cook so much faster---- Thanks for you advice in advance!!!!!

With coronavirus spreading in L.A. County supermarkets, here are some tips for shopping safely

According to this article, it is believed that supermarkets in LA are vectors for the virus: safety tips for shopping------

I think those tips should apply to ALL stores, everywhere.

They've certainly been in place here in TO since last March.

Our lockdown has been increased, more severely and I am dreading having to line up in the cold and snow.

Might just have the groceries delivered over the winter as our numbers are expected to go sky high.

Has anyone bought groceries (recently) from Walmart? I like to pick my own 'stuff' but am considering both delivery and pick up services.

I've read both good and bad on social media but its social media, ya know?? lol

I've had a couple of deliveries from a 'boutique' grocer but they call you the night before to go over the quality/quantity/substitutions. I'm sure Walmart won't be doing that for people.

I don't darken the doors of WM to shop. But Ive been doing the grocery pick up from them and i love it! Its has been a very positive experience.
When we were on lockdown last spring, i tried Shipt from publix. It was just too much what with publix already higher prices,the delivery fee and tip. We didn't get everything we ordered and it just costs too much.
I highly recommend WM pick up. No fees or tipping. They do communicate through the app with you about any substitutions or things they don’t have.

I don't darken the doors of WM to shop. But Ive been doing the grocery pick up from them and i love it! Its has been a very positive experience.
When we were on lockdown last spring, i tried Shipt from publix. It was just too much what with publix already higher prices,the delivery fee and tip. We didn't get everything we ordered and it just costs too much.
I highly recommend WM pick up. No fees or tipping. They do communicate through the app with you about any substitutions or things they don’t have.

Thanks very much, very helpful.

I dont use Apps, guess I'll have to click the part about no substitutions.

Are you happy with their substitutions?? Would you take the chance??

I dont need 'ingredients' as I dont cook. Just basic groceries and produce.

Is the milk still cold and the eggs cool. I'm very fussy about temperatures remaining stable.

ETA: Up in TO we do have a small fee for pick up at WM. I dont mind that at all.

A little off topic-- Does anyone have an Instapot? My husband asks me what I want for Xmas--- if this were a normal year we would go shopping looking for presents, probably clothes. since this is not a normal year, I am thinking, what might I like, but wouldn't buy myself- and I thought of an Instapot---- we have a slow cooker but an Instapot can cook so much faster---- Thanks for you advice in advance!!!!!
We purchased an Instant Pot earlier this year and after using it a few time, I gave away the slow cooker. We eat dried beans often. It browns meat and sautés veggies quickly. Instant Pot is perfect for cooking dried beans with sausage or ham, baked potatoes, soups, chili, spag. sauce, and roasts. Interest has tons of recipes to peruse. Another kitchen appliance we purchased is an air fryer. Love, love the air fryer.

Thanks very much, very helpful.

I dont use Apps, guess I'll have to click the part about no substitutions.

Are you happy with their substitutions?? Would you take the chance??

I dont need 'ingredients' as I dont cook. Just basic groceries and produce.

Is the milk still cold and the eggs cool. I'm very fussy about temperatures remaining stable.

ETA: Up in TO we do have a small fee for pick up at WM. I dont mind that at all.

They have only made a few substitutions. Ive been pleased with each.
You choose your pick up time. For instance, mine was last Saturday between 3:00-4:00.you tell them when your are on your way. Your order is kept in a cooler until they bring it to your car so your items are always cold. You pull into one of the reserved spaces. Let them know you have arrived and what color your car is. Within five minutes my groceries are loaded and I'm on my way. I have a hatchback so my pick up is contactless.

Has anyone bought groceries (recently) from Walmart? I like to pick my own 'stuff' but am considering both delivery and pick up services.

I've read both good and bad on social media but its social media, ya know?? lol

I've had a couple of deliveries from a 'boutique' grocer but they call you the night before to go over the quality/quantity/substitutions. I'm sure Walmart won't be doing that for people.

yes I order online for pickup all the time
just did yesterday in fact
their produce isn't the best but otherwise no complaints
you have the option to click a box whether you're ok with substitutions
they send you an email with any non-available items or substitutions they made and also ask you when you get there if you are happy with the final list

They have only made a few substitutions. Ive been pleased with each.
You choose your pick up time. For instance, mine was last Saturday between 3:00-4:00.you tell them when your are on your way. Your order is kept in a cooler until they bring it to your car so your items are always cold. You pull into one of the reserved spaces. Let them know you have arrived and what color your car is. Within five minutes my groceries are loaded and I'm on my way. I have a hatchback so my pick up is contactless.

two differences with my WM experience
we don't have to call to say we're on the way - just show up - and call when arrive, tell them what numbered parking spot we're in

Clorox to expand ‘on-the-go’ sizes as customers hunt for wipes | Boston.com
More at link
Clorox Co. is planning an additional way to keep shelves stocked in the new year: rolling out more pocket-sized packs of disinfecting wipes.

The bleach maker — whose plastic tubs of 35 to 75 wet wipes have become a coveted item during the covid-19 pandemic — will be adding more flat packets of disinfecting wipes to its line-up. That could include “new packaging, new product counts and more,” the company said in an email, noting that the smaller packs in development are “intended for out-of-home use to meet consumers where they’ll be post-covid.”

With staple-hoarding Americans still snatching up canisters of disinfecting wipes as fast as Clorox can make them, the production of more low-count packs could help keep product on the shelves.

To contend with demand, Clorox already cut its range of wipes products to 14 from more than 100 earlier this year, jettisoning lower-priority items like compostable wipes. The company has added more than 10 new third-party manufacturers and is building a new wipes line that will help it ramp up in-house capacity in early 2021 and double it by mid-year.

O/T: Post-Christmas exchanges, returns, year-end sales. Despite Covid, Black Friday drew thousands of shoppers for the annual Thanksgiving weekend bargains. The day after Christmas is usually a very busy day with people making gift exchanges and/or returns, as well as many folks taking advantage of year-end sales and clearances. Do you think post-Christmas shopping during the pandemic will be similar to normal years?

O/T: Post-Christmas exchanges, returns, year-end sales. Despite Covid, Black Friday drew thousands of shoppers for the annual Thanksgiving weekend bargains. The day after Christmas is usually a very busy day with people making gift exchanges and/or returns, as well as many folks taking advantage of year-end sales and clearances. Do you think post-Christmas shopping during the pandemic will be similar to normal years?
I really hope not, BDE. And Merry Christmas to you and yours!

We will be going tomorrow, but it wont be due to sales. Tomorrow is DGS’s birthday. Our tradition is that he gets to go choose a toy with us then out to eat where he chooses. He has already reminded us today. He wants to go to target and choose a Lego set. I’ll probably grab some wrapping paper since I’ll be in there anyway. We will pick up take out at his choice of where.

We will be going tomorrow, but it wont be due to sales. Tomorrow is DGS’s birthday. Our tradition is that he gets to go choose a toy with us then out to eat where he chooses. He has already reminded us today. He wants to go to target and choose a Lego set. I’ll probably grab some wrapping paper since I’ll be in there anyway. We will pick up take out at his choice of where.

What a sweet tradition :) I'm sure you'll enjoy the special outing with your GS, and he'll enjoy the time with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BUKANAS