Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
some sad news to pass along
fortunately, I secured 2 packages of wipes this week, strangely not in a cannister but a soft pop up package

Clorox wipes: Shortages likely to last until mid-2021
I don’t doubt it. If they would limit 1-2 per customer perhaps everyone could have some. But the resalers and scalpers are in line 3-4 times per week at opening and they run down to the aisle and scoop up as many as possible. Typical cost on CL, NextDoor, FB in my area from these people is $20-25 for a can of Lysol and $20 for a canister of wipes. But the local stores like Walmart won’t limit purchases.

I don’t doubt it. If they would limit 1-2 per customer perhaps everyone could have some. But the resalers and scalpers are in line 3-4 times per week at opening and they run down to the aisle and scoop up as many as possible. Typical cost on CL, NextDoor, FB in my area from these people is $20-25 for a can of Lysol and $20 for a canister of wipes. But the local stores like Walmart won’t limit purchases.
I bought a 3 pack of unscented baby wipes for $5 and add what I want - bleach or alcohol.

Soup’s on! Took whatever veggies I had on hand, chopped them up, poured them into 2 cartons of veggie broth. Then when the veggies were about soft, I added 1 cup of rice. Let it cook until the rice is soft.

Your soup looks delicious :) DH and I had a lovely roast chicken for his retirement dinner last night. The 4# bird was very meaty, and there is plenty left for chicken noodle soup. I've already prepped the chicken, onion, and celery, but DH will stop at Nino's today for carrots and a few other items that we need.

DH buys a canister or two of some type of wipes whenever he goes to Meijer. We're using them very conservatively, though, and not cleaning up the kitchen with disinfectant wipes more than once a day. We have plenty of Windex and have been using that frequently in recent weeks.

With demand for Clorox products up 500 percent, when can we expect to see wipes back on the shelves? (nbcnews.com)

I found these on Walmart and ordered them, surprised they actually came. Also ordered 2 cannisters from WalGreens, which not surprisingly haven't yet shipped. Probably will never see those.
They do limit quantities everywhere I've been or even shopped online.
I used Clorox wipes freely before COVID, I have solid white counter tops and every night I run a swifter over them and then wipe them down with a Clorox wipe. Just a habit I had gotten into. Of course back then, I also always had a cannister in my car, in each bath, in the kitchen sink drainer, in the basement, etc, etc. I really was a Clorox Wipes Addict even before the virus.

I bought a 3 pack of unscented baby wipes for $5 and add what I want - bleach or alcohol.
I haven’t seen alcohol since March/April during the first big run. I keep putting that on the pickup list but so far haven’t received it. I probably could find it if I could go in to several stores but I’m avoiding going inside retail stores if possible.
Bleach smell gives my dad migraines. Use it more for laundry.
A neighbor heard Staples has some-I’m hoping so! Lol

When I used up the first two canisters of Clorox wipes at the library months ago, I saved the containers so that if we ever have to resort to making our own wipes from paper towels and rubbing alcohol or whatever, we'll still have the container with the special gripper/dispenser thing that lets you pull out one wipe and has the top of the next wipe waiting ready.

Looks delicious!!!!!!!!
It is actually! The rice ended up absorbing most of the liquid. It’s more like a thick veggie rice mix. I could have added more broth or some water to keep it more like soup.

I used two cartons each 32 oz of veggie broth. It has onion, garlic, carrots, celery, spinach, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, a tiny bit of parsley, salt, pepper, 1/2 can of corn, 1 can green beans undrained and 1 cup of rice.

It is actually! The rice ended up absorbing most of the liquid. It’s more like a thick veggie rice mix. I could have added more broth or some water to keep it more like soup.

I used two cartons each 32 oz of veggie broth. It has onion, garlic, carrots, celery, spinach, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, a tiny bit of parsley, salt, pepper, 1/2 can of corn, 1 can green beans undrained and 1 cup of rice.

Thanks for the recipe--- you could always add more water or broth to make it more soupy!!

The food bank gave me boxes of raisins. I converted this cookie recipe to gluten free, egg free, dairy free and reduced the brown sugar by 1/4 cup. I added a about 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. I emptied the last of the cinnamon from my container but it looked like about 2 teaspoons.

substitutions:
Bobs 1:1 baking flour
Bobs egg replacer
Flax milk
Butter flavored Crisco (sticks)

Raisin Cookies - Joyofbaking.com

ETA: I doubled the recipe. Now each kid has a bag of cookie blobs in the freezer. They can bake them or, my prediction, eat the raw frozen dough. LOL!

Attachments

• 676E753E-CF92-45E6-927E-B24E3767EC80.jpeg
    676E753E-CF92-45E6-927E-B24E3767EC80.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
The food bank gave me boxes of raisins. I converted this cookie recipe to gluten free, egg free, dairy free and reduced the brown sugar by 1/4 cup. I added a about 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. I emptied the last of the cinnamon from my container but it looked like about 2 teaspoons.

substitutions:
Bobs 1:1 baking flour
Bobs egg replacer
Flax milk
Butter flavored Crisco (sticks)

Raisin Cookies - Joyofbaking.com
Those look great. Yum!!!

When I was a stay at home mom in the 90s I had a subscription to Cooking Light magazine. My friends each had a subscription to a different cooking magazine. We each would copy from our magazines the recipes we liked. 10 cents a page at the library. Then we would pass the magazines around and do the same thing the next month. I have so many good recipes from over the years.

Sounds like a really good idea :) I took my December Food Network Magazine with me this morning to read while DH had his colonoscopy. Like most magazines these days, there's a lot of advertising, but I read all the articles and perused most of the recipes. We arrived at the out-patient facility at 7:35, and they called me at 9:00 to say that DH was getting dressed and for me to pull up outside the main entrance to meet him. Methinks we both need naps :D

Sounds like a really good idea :) I took my December Food Network Magazine with me this morning to read while DH had his colonoscopy. Like most magazines these days, there's a lot of advertising, but I read all the articles and perused most of the recipes. We arrived at the out-patient facility at 7:35, and they called me at 9:00 to say that DH was getting dressed and for me to pull up outside the main entrance to meet him. Methinks we both need naps :D

Sounds like they are pretty efficient!!! in and out pretty quick- enjoy your nap!!!!

Went to Costco today ( Commerce Two Michigan) - They had Clorox wipes- haven't seen them anywhere else- they were snapped up pretty quickly!!!

DH will go to Costco this weekend (Bloomfield Twp). If they have Clorox wipes, he will get what's available. We're OK for now, but if there are shortages, we'll be in the same boat as everyone else.

Lysol wipes have been at Publix in Florida for about the last month or so. Not full shelves, sometimes empty, and limit one.

I haven’t seen Lysol wipes at Costco here, but did pick up a box of Kirkland disinfecting wipes soft packs of four for $9.99. There was only one palette at the end of an aisle that were going quickly, so you may want to keep an eye out for them.

Our Costco has been hit or miss on toilet paper and paper towels again, and very limited at the grocery store.

I found these on Walmart and ordered them, surprised they actually came. Also ordered 2 cannisters from WalGreens, which not surprisingly haven't yet shipped. Probably will never see those.
They do limit quantities everywhere I've been or even shopped online.
I used Clorox wipes freely before COVID, I have solid white counter tops and every night I run a swifter over them and then wipe them down with a Clorox wipe. Just a habit I had gotten into. Of course back then, I also always had a cannister in my car, in each bath, in the kitchen sink drainer, in the basement, etc, etc. I really was a Clorox Wipes Addict even before the virus.
Updating my previous post.
I'm doing happy dance! Received my 2 cannisters of Clorox Wipes from WalGreen order today! So, for now, I'm nicely restocked. I just need to be careful how many of these I'm using so they will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member